HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Jacques Demers thinks something's up (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=558218)

Habsterix* 10-04-2008 10:07 PM

Jacques Demers thinks something's up

Jacques Demers said that he's never seen so many scouts from other teams in Montreal. He strongly feels that something is brewing and there is an imminent trade coming. Could it be because of Sundin, or simply the fact that we have too many talented wingers? Or is it possible that teams were informed that Gaborik could be traded? I can't wait!

Artyukhin* 10-04-2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterix (Post 15695440)
Jacques Demers said that he's never seen so many scouts from other teams in Montreal. He strongly feels that something is brewing and there is an imminent trade coming. Could it be because of Sundin, or simply the fact that we have too many talented wingers? Or is it possible that teams were informed that Gaborik could be traded? I can't wait!

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ci_10637672

Marc the Habs Fan 10-04-2008 10:12 PM

Well we've been playing teams with roster issues so the scouts could be there to check them out. Both Detroit and Boston have not enough roster spots/cap issues and Minny has the Gaborik thing...

Beakermania* 10-04-2008 10:15 PM

Dandenault is being played on defence :scared:

Artyukhin* 10-04-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 15695502)
Dandenault is being played on defence :scared:

imagine Breezer playing forward next:)

Habsterix* 10-04-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie (Post 15695467)

It was also reported that there were about 22 other teams scouts at the last game. I have a feeling that something's up, whether it happens or not remains to be seen.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 10-04-2008 10:25 PM

nah... the team is pretty much set for the whole season imo... Maybe it involves Minny if anything.

Le Tricolore 10-04-2008 10:26 PM

Something is up! (e5)

couz 10-04-2008 10:31 PM

Maybe a minor deal or somthing...Dandeneault.

we won't get anything serious in return...don't get your hopes up guys.

JHabs 10-04-2008 10:38 PM

I'd be happy with a Pick return, I'm happy with our current roster, and I don't think we have the cap space to acquire Gaborik.

anarmandaleb 10-04-2008 10:43 PM

-Gaborik.

-They might be here because Montreal has been playing teams with roster issues, and the scouts waited until those teams were at the Bell Centre cause Montreal has the best food and the best looking women.

-It could just be that they know that Gainey is still looking for his superstar impact player and they're all here to plan who to ask for if Bob calls.

-It could be that that Gainey is trying to shop Dandy.

-It could be that Gainey's going to trade Higgins :cry::cry::cry:

Tray4Adams 10-04-2008 10:56 PM

Teams really need to scout Gaborik?

Like they don't know what hes capable of already.

Lebeau47 10-04-2008 10:59 PM

gaborik, savard

habs arent making moves

Monctonscout 10-04-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterix (Post 15695440)

I think guys like Dandenault(notice he played defense lately), Kostopoulos and Begin are on the market. They know Chips is ready and Lapierre is a better winger and younger than those 3. I don't think they would trade all 3 but they'd give Dandy away and trade Begin or Kosto for a mid rounder.

Habsterix* 10-04-2008 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriveFor25IsAlive (Post 15695862)

Good point.

sevil 10-05-2008 12:06 AM

I think something is up.... it doesnt make sense... I ask myself.. what line would I want on my team... Begin, Dandy Kostopolous, or Pacioretty, Chipchura, Lapierre

plus weber...

plus.. the scouts are there for three games in a row... its not a coincidence!

you always want to deal from a position of strength.. and we have that right now..

I dont think its sundin (gainey said he showed no interest and asked no questions) but.. something smells in the state of denmark!

HabsoluteFate 10-05-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anarmandaleb (Post 15695748)
-Gaborik.

-They might be here because Montreal has been playing teams with roster issues, and the scouts waited until those teams were at the Bell Centre cause Montreal has the best food and the best looking women.

-It could just be that they know that Gainey is still looking for his superstar impact player and they're all here to plan who to ask for if Bob calls.

-It could be that that Gainey is trying to shop Dandy.

-It could be that Gainey's going to trade Higgins :cry::cry::cry:

you might want to scratch Dandy from above...i would be shocked if that many teams were interested in him at his current salary

Go Habs Go 10-05-2008 01:19 AM

I thought our 4th line played quite a lot tonight also..

Stradale 10-05-2008 02:26 AM

Quote:

That was my first thought too. Its not like hes a rookie or whatever.

NewHabsEra* 10-05-2008 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Habs Go (Post 15696698)
I thought our 4th line played quite a lot tonight also..

Exactly.. I wouldnt be surprised to see someone like Dandeneault and\or Kostopoulos moved..

GNick42 10-05-2008 03:52 AM

Gainey been know to make moves this time of season before ie Garth Murray or Mike Riberio trades. But I think it may be a small move ie. Dands or Begin, etc....

Qui Gon Dave 10-05-2008 05:27 AM

Quote:

It does seem a bit odd. The only reason I can think of scouts going to watch him (although why so many would, I'm not sure, that doesn't really fit) is if a team wanted to see what condition he is in right now. He had a minor injury this pre-season, so some teams may want to send someone along to see how he looks physically. But I can't see swarms of teams doing that.

RC51 10-05-2008 05:57 AM

22 scouts+ is a lot. this is not about Begin or Dandy or stuff like that.
22 scouts is big and that means a big name or a big trade.
Gaborik is probably the big name everyone is looking at.
The Habs are set for this year, anything Gainey might do it sure won't be right now, before the first 20 games. Tweeking might happen after that.

MrNasty 10-05-2008 06:17 AM

If he knows they are scouts then he should know what teams were doing the scouting. Any mention of teams?

sevil 10-05-2008 06:42 AM

not detroit, rangers, pittsburgh, new jersey,anaheim ;)