HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers/NHL torrents (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=558583)

nyrmetros 10-06-2008 01:44 AM

Rangers/NHL torrents

Anyone know of a place where you can get Rangers/NHL/hockey torrents?

I saw this place http://nhltorrents.co.uk/index.php but have no idea if it's good or not.

Nekz 10-06-2008 07:19 AM

I do not think it is legal to download games and other NHL media.

nyrmetros 10-06-2008 04:55 PM

But it's legal to tape record a NHL game and watch the tape 50 times right?

HeaveHo94 10-06-2008 04:59 PM

I hate internet police!

frozenrubber 10-06-2008 07:03 PM

PM for online Rangers video.

Nekz 10-06-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmetros (Post 15718601)
But it's legal to tape record a NHL game and watch the tape 50 times right?

No. I am in contact with the RIAA and MIAA, expect your house to be raided swat style.

nyrmetros 10-06-2008 09:57 PM

The supreme court has ruled that the tape recorder does not violate any copyright laws correct?

IfYouCantEtemJoinEm 10-06-2008 10:23 PM

I don't see why it would be illegal to download old games for personal use.... It's not like they are pay per view. I would think the only illegal thing you can do is put them on disc and sell them or accrue any sort of profit from downloading them. Not familiar with the NHL's copyright laws.

frozenrubber 10-06-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HanktasticVoyage35 (Post 15722972)
I don't see why it would be illegal to download old games for personal use.... It's not like they are pay per view. I would think the only illegal thing you can do is put them on disc and sell them or accrue any sort of profit from downloading them. Not familiar with the NHL's copyright laws.

Not to further this debate, but it is illegal. In reference to the Supreme Court's view on tape recording sharing amongst friends, the court system sees no parallels in sharing online (as evidenced by rulings against Napster and Grokster).

A similar thread has already been posted recently:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=554156&page=2

broadwayblue 10-06-2008 10:43 PM

Ibtl ;)

Captain Monglobster 10-06-2008 10:45 PM

Just because it's illegal doesn't mean its wrong.

KSUpilot 10-06-2008 10:54 PM

Technically watching the streams online is illegal as well...but then I wouldn't get to watch the Rangers while I'm at school

IfYouCantEtemJoinEm 10-07-2008 12:42 AM

"We want more money"

http://philzine.files.wordpress.com/...-on-strike.jpg

9darter 10-07-2008 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmetros (Post 15711467)

I saw this place http://nhltorrents.co.uk/index.php but have no idea if it's good or not.

If mods disapprove: please delete this thread.
If mods approve: That site you linked is a life saver! Most NHL games are available in decent quality a few hours after completion.

MrZ123 10-07-2008 06:55 AM

Anyone have, or know where I can find, an HD recording of the Prague game on 10/4?

I was in the second row and want to get some shots of me and my family on camera.

Thanks.

jumptheshark 10-07-2008 07:55 AM

according to the oiler mods the rules have now changed and we can post links to

www.justin.tv

and

myp2p.eu

KreiMeARiver* 10-07-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nekix (Post 15712086)
I do not think it is legal to download games and other NHL media.

hahahaha and that matters because....???

KreiMeARiver* 10-07-2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 15725702)

www.justin.tv

and

myp2p.eu

those 2 sites have changed my life lol

Nekz 10-07-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hightide85 (Post 15726714)
hahahaha and that matters because....???

Because we don't want these forums to get in trouble. HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!11

9darter 10-07-2008 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 15725702)

www.justin.tv

and

myp2p.eu

Those links are for streaming live games, generally with very poor video quality but fantastic if you can't get the broadcast in your area or country.

However, the original poster was asking for a way to download recent games with much higher video quality, maybe a few hours or a day after they've been played.

Not all Europeans can stay up in the middle of the night to watch live NHL.
I sometimes prefer to sleep at night, start the download in the morning, and watch the game when I get home from work.

Peer-to-peer services such as live streaming and BitTorrent are highly illegal in some countries and perfectly legal in others (such as Sweden :yo: ).
I have a feeling posting actual torrent links won't be accepted here at HFBoards, but we should be able to discuss where to find them. I may be wrong, though...

Ola 10-07-2008 10:59 AM

Does anyone know what the punishment would be?

Like in Sweden its illigal too -- but unless you earn money from dooing it, its very hard to prove that any damages have been made.

And to prove in a court of law that one person is responsible of a criminal act they pretty much have to get a warrent, search the house and seize the computer -- for something that caused the NHL like zero damages. Or maybe a few bucks if they start counting on lost profits at espn360 who sales games on demand.

So in Sweden its illigal but on a smalscale where you don't make any money of it you basically can't get punished for it.

broadwayblue 10-07-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmetros (Post 15711467)

Anyone know if they have torrents of the Rangers HD feeds there? I record all the games in HD on my 8300HD DVR, but I can't get them off there for archival purposes.

9darter 10-07-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 15728022)
Anyone know if they have torrents of the Rangers HD feeds there? I record all the games in HD on my 8300HD DVR, but I can't get them off there for archival purposes.

Not really, not yet. Last season they had a few games in HD (or at least 720p from the HD feed), mostly Bruins games by a Bruins fan.
Some cappers have stated intentions to cap more HD, we'll just have to wait and see.

broadwayblue 10-07-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9darter (Post 15728225)
Not really, not yet. Last season they had a few games in HD (or at least 720p from the HD feed), mostly Bruins games by a Bruins fan.
Some cappers have stated intentions to cap more HD, we'll just have to wait and see.

720p is HD, so that's fine with me. Looks great on my 112" screen so I can't complain. I'd love to have a 1TB hard drive (or whatever it would take) with every game from the season in HD. That would be a cool archive to have. Hopefully someone will start posting the HD torrents soon...I'd be all over that.

frozenrubber 10-07-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 15728569)
720p is HD, so that's fine with me. Looks great on my 112" screen so I can't complain. I'd love to have a 1TB hard drive (or whatever it would take) with every game from the season in HD. That would be a cool archive to have. Hopefully someone will start posting the HD torrents soon...I'd be all over that.

How about you do it yourself? You already have the HD feed and I can offer you a complete step-by-step process in capturing and encoding the HD source.

I know first hand the amount of time and work put in to distributing these feeds, so if anyone is interested in getting started, I can give you some insight and ways to do it (even on the cheap).