HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   HABSWORLD top 33 prospect rankings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=558597)

johnnyboo 10-06-2008 06:13 AM

HABSWORLD top 33 prospect rankings

pretty decent rankings...although I like Weber ahead of Fischer..MaxPac #1:nod:

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=1703

JMMR 10-06-2008 07:15 AM

HABSWORLD:handclap::yo:

Whitesnake 10-06-2008 07:43 AM

Shouldn't we start considering signing Desharnais in case some other NHL team decides to do so?

Watsatheo 10-06-2008 07:47 AM

I think Desharnais and the Habs have an informal agreement. I assume he's a Habs fan and he'd do anything to fulfill his dream.

JAVO16 10-06-2008 08:13 AM

Nice, although I'm not sure i would rate Emelin that high. In front of Ben Maxwell, Mathieu Carle and Matt d'Agostini.

JMMR 10-06-2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VO Ouragan16 (Post 15712318)
Nice, although I'm not sure i would rate Emelin that high. In front of Ben Maxwell, Mathieu Carle and Matt d'Agostini.

Emelin has been playing with men and playing very well for 2 years now.

Some would argue the RSL is the second best league in the world

montreal 10-06-2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 15712895)
Emelin has been playing with men and playing very well for 2 years now.

Some would argue the RSL is the second best league in the world

He's actually been struggling, he was dropped down to the 3rd pairing last year and at times this year he's been on the 3rd pairing again. Also he wasn't even invited to the prelim camp for the WC's, after being on the team the year before.

Pax Macioretty 10-06-2008 11:00 AM

does the site belong to anyone who comes here?

JMMR 10-06-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 15713493)
He's actually been struggling, he was dropped down to the 3rd pairing last year and at times this year he's been on the 3rd pairing again. Also he wasn't even invited to the prelim camp for the WC's, after being on the team the year before.

Hmm.
Then why so much work on the part of Timmins and the Canadiens to bring him over.
I believe that he could be an NHL regular after a few short months in Hamilton.

I do not doubt your information, I am just surprised.
Whom is it that plays above him if you don't mind me asking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 15713583)

Belong no.
But there are a few writers from there who post on here.
I am one of them.

Whitesnake 10-06-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 15714058)
Hmm.
Then why so much work on the part of Timmins and the Canadiens to bring him over.

I know that ex-Sens pick in 2002, Nikulin is on the first pairing with Pervyshin. Emelin used to be playing on the 2nd pairing with Panin. But lately he was paired with Kosmachev.

As far as Timmins wanting to bring him over, it's not so he could play directly with us but to let him deal with smaller rinks, language and style of play as soon as he can. For those reasons, and the way I've seen play lately, there's no way, but it' sjust an opinion, that he plays in the NHL during the 1st year that he comes here. The kid still plays some old hockey, clutch and grab, sticks to the face, he'll be penalized to death here and Carbo will send him packing after 2 weeks. He needs to adapt like Valentenko who at one point was to be a Emelin with a better shot. Chances are Valentenko will need 2 years of AHL time before being ready.

Even as far as how he plays in Russian, I don't like Emelin's progression. The kid used to have some good offensive skills, still, he doesn't seem to be allowed to show it with his team. When he was paired with Panin, Panin was the one who kept doing the rushes while Emelin was staying put really calmly. Even defensively, I saw him do things, he didn't use to do before. Honestly, his play was more energetic before than it seems that it is now, just seems lazy in some plays which I've never seen like that before.

So in my opinion, he needs to get here in a hurry so they don't screw his development and we start working on him and showing what's it's like in NA. But in now is it because they think he's ready.....or so I believe....

Bad Natey 10-06-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 15712196)
I think Desharnais and the Habs have an informal agreement. I assume he's a Habs fan and he'd do anything to fulfill his dream.

Yeah.. I was going to say I'm pretty sure Desharnais has an agreement or signed with the Habs.

Whitesnake 10-06-2008 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natey2k4 (Post 15714420)
Yeah.. I was going to say I'm pretty sure Desharnais has an agreement or signed with the Habs.

At the very least, let's hope that if an NHL team comes and wants to sign him, the agreement is that Desharnais has to tell the Habs about it so we could match.

Bad Natey 10-06-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 15714430)
At the very least, let's hope that if an NHL team comes and wants to sign him, the agreement is that Desharnais has to tell the Habs about it so we could match.

Hopefully.

I don't know about others, but I really think that Desharnais can be an NHL player.. He's got incredible vision of the ice.. if he wasn't so small, he'd be a full-time NHLer right now.

penopekoo 10-06-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natey2k4 (Post 15714511)
Hopefully.

I don't know about others, but I really think that Desharnais can be an NHL player.. He's got incredible vision of the ice.. if he wasn't so small, he'd be a full-time NHLer right now.

I like the guy too, but I'm afraid he's going to turn out like the Thinel brothers. Anyone remember them?

montreal 10-06-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 15714058)
Hmm.

Belong no.
But there are a few writers from there who post on here.
I am one of them.

Timmins wants him to come over as he's a solid prospect, that's had an off year. I think he's implied that Emelin staying in Russia has hampered his development, I guess we'll see if he comes over. He's still a quality prospect but the problem is that it's now our deepest area, lots of interesting D prospects in the organization now. His style should fit better on the small ice from the way he plays but we'll have to wait and see.

I used to write for Habsworld, I helped get the site off the ground when it first started as I knew some of the guys that started the site back when we were all on the espn habs board back around '00. I covered the prospects for them while writing for here but HF didn't like me posting my HF articles on Habsworld's site. :loony:

Quote:

Originally Posted by penopekoo (Post 15718989)
I like the guy too, but I'm afraid he's going to turn out like the Thinel brothers. Anyone remember them?

Marc-Andre was the man in the Q though! Too bad he struggled in the AHL.

Beakermania* 10-06-2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal (Post 15721144)
Marc-Andre was the man in the Q though! Too bad he struggled in the AHL.

Desharnais has had a nice start down there... I'd like to see what he can do for Hamilton this year.

Can he play LW??

A second line of

Desharnais - Lehoux - Glumac

would be interesting to me.

goalchenyuk 10-06-2008 09:35 PM

Valentenko #4 ??? :amazed:

i make a little research to find a rank made by Timmins himself , dated from july 2007 ; It was reported by Turnbuckel in the Habs r'us forum .

Did a list up with Timmins in the past couple of days for the writeup I'm doing for McKeen's on the Habs in their Pool Yearbook.

Here is Trevor's top 20 prospects:

1/ Price
2/ McDonagh
3/ Chipchura
4/ Pacioretty
5/ Fischer
6/ S Kostitsyn
7/ Maxwell
8/ White
9/ Grabovsky
10 Subban
11 Emelin
12 Halak
13 O'Byrne
14 D'Agostini
15 Carle
16 Valentenko
17 Weber
18 Fortier
19 Lahti
20 Russell

Beakermania* 10-06-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100th (Post 15722233)
Valentenko #4 ??? :amazed:

i make a little research to find a rank made by Timmins himself , dated from july 2007 ; It was reported by Turnbuckel in the Habs r'us forum .

Did a list up with Timmins in the past couple of days for the writeup I'm doing for McKeen's on the Habs in their Pool Yearbook.

Here is Trevor's top 20 prospects:

1/ Price
2/ McDonagh
3/ Chipchura
4/ Pacioretty
5/ Fischer
6/ S Kostitsyn
7/ Maxwell
8/ White
9/ Grabovsky
10 Subban
11 Emelin
12 Halak
13 O'Byrne
14 D'Agostini
15 Carle
16 Valentenko
17 Weber
18 Fortier
19 Lahti
20 Russell

Just like my rankings haven't changed, I'm sure Trevor's rankings are exactly the same as they were 15 months ago. Not that I'm defending Tank at 4... but I don't think we can just remove Price, Sergei, o'b, grabs and halak, and say Tank should be 11 either.

I don't see the relevance of bringing up this list today.

goalchenyuk 10-06-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 15722356)
Just like my rankings haven't changed, I'm sure Trevor's rankings are exactly the same as they were 15 months ago. Not that I'm defending Tank at 4... but I don't think we can just remove Price, Sergei, o'b, grabs and halak, and say Tank should be 11 either.

I don't see the relevance of bringing up this list today.

Drafting isn't an exact science . Even Timmins didn't anticipate that Maxpac was going to have that fabulous season at the university . I bring that list to show how the ranking could change , because few player are going to over or under perform .

JMMR 10-06-2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100th (Post 15722768)
Drafting isn't an exact science . Even Timmins didn't anticipate that Maxpac was going to have that fabulous season at the university . I bring that list to show how the ranking could change , because few player are going to over or under perform .

Tell that to the Detroit Red Wings.

Beakermania* 10-06-2008 10:38 PM

1) As far as questioning the relevance of the list, I didn't understand why you brought it up... and you didn't explain it very well either.... now you did.

2) If you wanna complain about how the board is moderated, don't do it in your posts take it to complaints@hfboards.com.

cjbhab* 10-06-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 15723238)
1) As far as questioning the relevance of the list, I didn't understand why you brought it up... and you didn't explain it very well either.... now you did.

2) If you wanna complain about how the board is moderated, don't do it in your posts take it to complaints@hfboards.com.

lol.. there's an e-mail for complaints.

JMMR 10-06-2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbhab (Post 15723421)
lol.. there's an e-mail for complaints.

Yeah and funny thing is Beaker controls that as well.

:D:D:D

Beakermania* 10-06-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMMR (Post 15723604)
Yeah and funny thing is Beaker controls that as well.

:D:D:D

Not true at all.... the email goes to the Admins (Dark Blue) and they will respond within 48-72 hours.

Little Nilan 10-07-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 15713583)

Comes from posters from the ESPN boards way back then.