HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Visiting Ottawa and CTC/Tickets thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=558939)

moz 10-07-2008 01:09 AM

Visiting Ottawa and CTC/Tickets thread

This is the all-purpose thread for trips to Ottawa. Visitors can ask questions, and residents can post any and all information about hotels, bars, attractions, transportation, seating at SBP etc.

Useful links (thanks to Golden):

Links that might be of interest to visitors:

General Ottawa/Gatineau sites
City of Ottawa
Ville de Gatineau
Ottawa Tourism
NCC
Ottawa Plus
Trip Advisor Ottawa Page
Ottawa Start

Transportation
Taking Public Transportation to CTC and other Tourist Destinations / Fare rates.
Traveling from the Airport (public transpo)
Travelling from the Airport (private bus)

Accommodations
Ottawa Hotels
Trip Advisor Accommodations page
Kanata & West Ottawa Hotels

Restaurants & Bars
Ottawa Food
Ottawa Foodies
Restaurantica
Bars & Clubs

Touristy Attractions
Parliament Hill
Byward Market
National Museums & Institutions
Ottawa Festivals
Rideau Canal
Rideau Hall
Canadian Tire Centre

HoverCarle* 10-07-2008 07:49 AM

I'm going in November. Will you guys beat me up in my flyers jersey? ;)

SelleckStache 10-07-2008 09:01 AM

That depends, what number's on it?

Dick Whitman 10-07-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hovercraft (Post 15725430)

No, but you will be the loudest person there and I say that as a season ticket holder.

Airborne Troll* 10-07-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus (Post 15726881)
No, but you will be the loudest person there and I say that as a season ticket holder.

I completely agree

Our fans are a joke, but let's not get into it because it would never finish

Airborne Troll* 10-07-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hovercraft (Post 15725430)

You better not have a Steve Downie jersey:rant:

Jerk Store 10-07-2008 11:12 AM

Hmmm, sticky?

Airborne Troll* 10-07-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerk Store (Post 15726960)
Hmmm, sticky?

It should be a sticky indeed because a lot of threads are created throughout the year concerning that

IdiotsPickedMyName* 10-07-2008 12:20 PM

Can we delete the posts from the idiot "fans" of this team who don't appear to have ever been to a game. Our fans are louder than 85% of the league. Clearly some of you have never been to another arena to see a game.

Dick Whitman 10-07-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdiotsPickedMyName (Post 15727920)
Can we delete the posts from the idiot "fans" of this team who don't appear to have ever been to a game. Our fans are louder than 85% of the league. Clearly some of you have never been to another arena to see a game.

93.4% of all stats are made up.

IdiotsPickedMyName* 10-07-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus (Post 15728000)
93.4% of all stats are made up.

lol I actually thought it out. I was going to say 90% but i don't think we are top 3, we are definitely in top 5 or 6 though, maybe 80% would be more accurate.

obsenssive* 10-07-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerk Store (Post 15726960)
Hmmm, sticky?

There is a link in the all-purpose Ottawa thread. That's the reason this thread was made.

Dick Whitman 10-07-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdiotsPickedMyName (Post 15728380)
lol I actually thought it out. I was going to say 90% but i don't think we are top 3, we are definitely in top 5 or 6 though, maybe 80% would be more accurate.

Have you been to every arena in the NHL? With a meter?

In all seriousness, I've only ever been to one other (The Shark Tank) and it was far louder than any regular season game I've attended in Ottawa and that was against the Coyotes. For the record, I've been to maybe 60 regular season games in Ottawa which is not a lot compared to some of you but it's definitely enough to know that we aren't very loud in general. The playoffs are a different story however.

IdiotsPickedMyName* 10-07-2008 01:49 PM

I haven't been to all the rinks I've been to 12 of the 30 and the only one that was louder than us was MTL. From what I've seen on TV Minnesota is rocking, the sharks I would tend to agree with you. Buffalo is loud but I've been to two games one they were loud (it was against us) the other was against Carolina and it was dead. Detroit used to rock, but since they aren't as full as they used to be It doesn't seem they are as loud as they used to be. Chicago was dead when I went, but now with a better team they are probably louder, but I don't know if they are louder than us.

The teams I've been to see are Bruins, Montreal, Toronto, Panthers, Tampa Bay, Chicago, Rangers, New Jersey, LA, Phoenix, Buffalo and Washington.

Xspyrit 10-07-2008 02:03 PM

Someone invite me to a game ASAP... I'll pay the ticket, 1 beer and 2 hot-dogs :)
I'm from Montreal, that's why...

Golden 10-07-2008 03:55 PM

Links that might be of interest to visitors:

General Ottawa/Gatineau sites
City of Ottawa
Ville de Gatineau
Ottawa Tourism
NCC
Ottawa Plus
Trip Advisor Ottawa Page
Ottawa Start

Transportation
Taking public transportation to SBP / Fare rates.
Traveling from the Airport.

Accommodations
Ottawa Hotels
Trip Advisor Accommodations page
Kanata & West Ottawa Hotels (First page)

Restaurants & Bars
Ottawa Foodies
Restaurantica
Ottawa Food
Bars & Clubs

Touristy Attractions
Parliament Hill
Byward Market
National Museums & Institutions
Ottawa Festivals
Gatineau Park
Rideau Canal
Rideau Hall
Scotiabank Place

moz 10-07-2008 05:07 PM

Awesome, I edited those into the first post.

PeterSidorkiewicz 10-07-2008 05:16 PM

The last game ive been to in Ottawa was 2003 ECF vs. the Devils. We lost, and I believe my boy BONK! had the only Sens goal. Im saving up vacation to go to a playoff game in Ottawa once again this year, unless its vs. someone near me, then it would probably be easier to be an away fan again.

Last time I went I stayed at a cheap hotel/motel near the arena, a Days Inn or something? Only there for 1 night too and did a 8.5 hour road trip from MSU to Ottawa, then had to come back the next day. Hopefully next time im out these playoffs im going to stay for a couple of days to check out more stuff.

Golden 10-07-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moz (Post 15732322)
Awesome, I edited those into the first post.

Cheers. :) Oh, and for technicality's sake, the Kanata/West Ottawa Hotel link only refers to the first page of the search.

nanuuq 10-07-2008 07:43 PM

Many teams stay at the brookstreet hotel in Kanata when visiting.
I've had friends who have seen players in the restaurant and lounge.

http://www.brookstreethotel.ca/

its pricey but if you can afford it...

Hutz 10-07-2008 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanuuq (Post 15734546)
Many teams stay at the brookstreet hotel in Kanata when visiting.
I've had friends who have seen players in the restaurant and lounge.

http://www.brookstreethotel.ca/

its pricey but if you can afford it...

I can't, I'm sure, but thanks for the tip, maybe I'll visit the hotel restaurant this weekend and razz me some Zettersyuk.

themightyquinn 10-13-2008 02:24 PM

Hi guys,

Coming up to Ottawa in November for a game and staying downtown at the Novotel Hotel.

Thanks for the links, but I have a question that wasn't answered in there. My question is...are there any bars/pubs that offer a bus to travel to SBP or is Public Transportation the only way there?

Thanks for your help.

danishh 10-13-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themightyquinn (Post 15823768)
Hi guys,

Coming up to Ottawa in November for a game and staying downtown at the Novotel Hotel.

Thanks for the links, but I have a question that wasn't answered in there. My question is...are there any bars/pubs that offer a bus to travel to SBP or is Public Transportation the only way there?

Thanks for your help.

novotel's a great place to stay. Rideau center is right across the street and you should be able to grab a direct bus from there to the game. Not sure about bars in the market area, i know they organize rides when you buy tickets from them (ie, go as a group from the bar).

Great thing is you'll be right by the market if you want to go out after getting back from the game.

ud 10-13-2008 02:37 PM

hit pigales

themightyquinn 10-14-2008 03:54 PM

Thanks for the help guys.

Me and a buddy are coming up and we weren't sure if we were close to a bus stop that would take us to the game. We heard there are dedicated bus lanes which make traffic a bit easier to the arena if you take the bus.

One more quick question: We have noticed that there are a few bars inside SBP (including Marshy's). My question is....would you recommend going there to one of the bars at the SBP before the game? Is it a good atmosphere? Or would you suggest staying downtown in the market area near the Novotel for a bite to eat and a few pints before the game?

Thanks again.