HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Higgins out for Friday? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=559113)

Whitesnake 10-07-2008 02:57 PM

Higgins out for Friday?
 
CKAC, McGuire saying that Latendresse was practicing with Koivu and Tanguay. Seems that Higgins might have come back a little too early from his groin injury and could be sidelined for at the least the first game.

So chances are we will see Dandenault in the lineup anyway even though O'Byrne was at the practice today all stitched up.....

So...Bégin, Kostopoulos or Dandenault on the 3rd line??? :help:

Watsatheo 10-07-2008 03:09 PM

If true, this is Latendresse's HUGE chance.

Ozymandias 10-07-2008 03:10 PM

Oh brother! I thought I read "Higgins out by Friday" and was about to make a huge sigh.

Whitesnake 10-07-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozymandias (Post 15731363)
Oh brother! I thought I read "Higgins out by Friday" and was about to make a huge sigh.

:laugh:

Sorry....I ain't no Eklund....or luckily for me.

jnthomas 10-07-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 15731353)
If true, this is Latendresse's HUGE chance.

I thought exactly the same thing. If he manages to put up a good performance, he might get to stick to that line, which would be great since I have him in my hockey pool :thumbu:

Habs 4 Life 10-07-2008 03:27 PM

still 3 days,I hope he will be ready for Friday.If he's not,I think Sergei should be playing on that line but I guess we'll see

Beakermania* 10-07-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 15731649)
still 3 days,I hope he will be ready for Friday.If he's not,I think Sergei should be playing on that line but I guess we'll see

As if that line didn't have enough problems finding someone who will shoot the puck....

Pax Macioretty 10-07-2008 04:02 PM

If Latendresse is able to connect with Tanguay and somehow Kyle Chipchura plays in the game then my lines still have a chance of existing

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev
Latendresse-Koivu-Tanguay
Higgins-Lang-S.Kost
Laraque-Chipchura-Lappierre

IMO these are better lines then the ones projected for friday's game, i know that we have 3 forwards with NHL contracts on the sideline, but so what, we have to bring in the best team possible every night, that's our best way to stay competitive

Clumsyhab 10-07-2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 15732232)
Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev
Latendresse-Koivu-Tanguay
Higgins-Lang-S.Kost
Laraque-Chipchura-Lappierre

I also heard on CKAC that Tender practice on the left wing. However, I don't understand why Carbo doesn't put Tender on right and Tanguay on left. Tanguay is more a playmaker and Tender is more of a shooter and these are also their natural position.

MathMan 10-07-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 15731179)
So...Bégin, Kostopoulos or Dandenault on the 3rd line??? :help:

I'd honestly consider slotting Chipchura there. They had Chips practicing in Higgins' spot earlier, but I think Latendresse is a better fit on that second line, and Chipchura is a cerebral player who could mesh well with Lang.

If Lats does well offensively, I think keeping him with Koivu and going Higgins-Lang-SKost might be considered... that might balance the lines a bit better defensively.

Pax Macioretty 10-07-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab (Post 15732309)
I also heard on CKAC that Tender practice on the left wing. However, I don't understand why Carbo doesn't put Tender on right and Tanguay on left. Tanguay is more a playmaker and Tender is more of a shooter and these are also their natural position.

I think with his vision, Tanguay is better off on the right wing while Guillaume trys to deflect pucks and catch those passes with his forehand

NewHabsEra* 10-07-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 15731886)
As if that line didn't have enough problems finding someone who will shoot the puck....

hehehe.. exactly.. you need someone able to put the puck in the net on that line and Latendresse seems to me the better option..

Habitants 10-07-2008 04:20 PM

damn we need higgins in there!!

potential line-up for friday?

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev
Latendresse-Koivu-Tanguay
Lapierre-Lang-S.Kost
Begin-Chipchura-Kostopolous

Markov-Komi
Hammer-breezer
Gorges-Dandy

O'byrne?
Bouillon?

Laraque?
Higgins?

strangely enough if you count the 2 goalies then the habs have a 24 man roster, which is 1 higher than they are allowed:S someone on to the IR?

BaseballCoach 10-07-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 15731179)
CKAC, McGuire saying that Latendresse was practicing with Koivu and Tanguay. Seems that Higgins might have come back a little too early from his groin injury and could be sidelined for at the least the first game.

So chances are we will see Dandenault in the lineup anyway even though O'Byrne was at the practice today all stitched up.....

So...Bégin, Kostopoulos or Dandenault on the 3rd line??? :help:

Chipchura is one option.

Another option is to move Tanguay to his natural LW and move one of the many RH shots onto the right side.

Since Lapierre doesn't pass much, perhaps he can "snipe" off the nice passes from Tanguay and Koivu?

Dan K 10-07-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habitants (Post 15732507)
damn we need higgins in there!!

potential line-up for friday?

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev
Latendresse-Koivu-Tanguay
Lapierre-Lang-S.Kost
Begin-Chipchura-Kostopolous

Markov-Komi
Hammer-breezer
Gorges-Dandy

O'byrne?
Bouillon?

Laraque?
Higgins?

strangely enough if you count the 2 goalies then the habs have a 24 man roster, which is 1 higher than they are allowed:S someone on to the IR?

Carbonneau said Bouillon is on IR for now. Also, O'Byrne's injury is not serious, and he should be available to play.

Galchenyuk x 27 10-07-2008 04:39 PM

Ill tell you the truth...

I dont care who plays where or with who, as long as they show up to play hockey and win the game.

the 2 points is all i really care about

Moon Man* 10-07-2008 04:55 PM

Hey Guys, Moon Man back atcha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 15732784)
Ill tell you the truth...

I dont care who plays where or with who, as long as they show up to play hockey and win the game.

the 2 points is all i really care about

This is what I care about.

1. Everyone being healthy and show up to play hockey
2. 2 points

Number 1. usually leads into Number 2.

and yes, I have Higgins in my pool (w/plekanec)

Galchenyuk x 27 10-07-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonMan (Post 15732989)
Hey Guys, Moon Man back atcha.



This is what I care about.

1. Everyone being healthy and show up to play hockey
2. 2 points

Number 1. usually leads into Number 2.

and yes, I have Higgins in my pool (w/plekanec)

Ive got Higgins and Pleks too....in both my pools

habfaninvictoria 10-07-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewHabsArea (Post 15732490)
hehehe.. exactly.. you need someone able to put the puck in the net on that line and Latendresse seems to me the better option..

I hope he delivers but really how many chances is this kid gonna get B4 we realize he's a 4th liner

Beakermania* 10-07-2008 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria (Post 15734354)
I hope he delivers but really how many chances is this kid gonna get B4 we realize he's a 4th liner

4th liners don't score 16 goals at age 19 and another 16 at age 20.....

Ape Clutch 10-07-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria (Post 15734354)
I hope he delivers but really how many chances is this kid gonna get B4 we realize he's a 4th liner

You can't be serious... his two problems he has worked on... consistent use of his size (in front of the net at all times) and his speed/explosiveness


If Lats improves on those two things he's going to be a premiere PF in this league. I just wished he could have played in the AHL all those years so he would've been able to improve and dominate down there all the while maintaining a stellar dose of confidence.


Whatever... the rule was there and we dealt with it pretty well, If you can't see how well he's been doing for the amount of ice time he's been getting there's something wrong witch ya. Your about to be shocked out yer socks this year because he'll be getting more ice time with these 3 offensive lines going...

I hope Latendresse keeps that spot on with Koivu and Tanguay... Higgins and S. Kost is just the type of speed that R. Lang needs to play with... he should never play with Kovalev again... slowest experiment we've ever had

Gui-Unit 4 Life

Go Habs Go

Andrighetto Fabolous 10-07-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria (Post 15734354)
I hope he delivers but really how many chances is this kid gonna get B4 we realize he's a 4th liner

:facepalm:

RoyBoyCoy 10-07-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 15731179)
CKAC, McGuire saying that Latendresse was practicing with Koivu and Tanguay. Seems that Higgins might have come back a little too early from his groin injury and could be sidelined for at the least the first game.

So chances are we will see Dandenault in the lineup anyway even though O'Byrne was at the practice today all stitched up.....

So...Bégin, Kostopoulos or Dandenault on the 3rd line??? :help:

****in' weak bro, ***** needs to leave.

Oh and im pretty sure you mean 4th. The day this our 3rd line is the day... The Leafs win the cup:)

Locks 10-07-2008 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Drama (Post 15734820)
:facepalm:

That's the best response so far, Johnny. It is not worth the words.

Fozz 10-07-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clumsyhab (Post 15732309)
I also heard on CKAC that Tender practice on the left wing. However, I don't understand why Carbo doesn't put Tender on right and Tanguay on left. Tanguay is more a playmaker and Tender is more of a shooter and these are also their natural position.

I agree. I like to see the shooter playing his off wing.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.