HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Line Combos: Its Official- Team has been Announced (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=559451)

darrmd 10-08-2008 12:08 PM

Its Official- Team has been Announced

Puck Rakers announced the final Roster.
The Blue Jackets are down to 23.

Forwards (13): Rick Nash, R.J. Umberger, Kristian Huselius, Fredrik Modin, Jiri Novotny, Andrew Murray, Jason Chimera, Derick Brassard, Jake Voracek, Alexandre Picard, Michael Peca, Jared Boll and Manny Malhotra

Defensemen (8): Jan Hejda, Mike Commodore, Fedor Tyutin, Rostislav Klesla, Kris Russell, Christian Backman, Ole-Kristian Tollefsen and Marc Methot

Goaltenders (2): Pascal Leclaire, Fredrik Norrena

I am guessing that they sent Filitov and Dorsett to Syracuse

-Torres and Mason in IR

CBJSprague24 10-08-2008 12:27 PM

So who's the 13th forward? Manny? Picard?

darrmd 10-08-2008 12:29 PM

I am thinking Picard

jacks johnson 10-08-2008 12:55 PM

I think I'm going to vomit with the line combos we are going to use Friday. Murray and Novotny on line 2, and Brassard and Voracek on line 4 ? That sure sounds like a winner Hitch. I dont care if Filatov is not in full conditioning yet, he is already better than anyone on our traditional line 3 or 4.

Skraut 10-08-2008 01:03 PM

As long as lines 2-4 are getting playing time according to how they're producing, I don't care what they're named...

Line 2,3,4
Line B,C,D
Line Beta, Gamma, Delta
Line Checking, Checking, Scoring

Shelley#45 10-08-2008 01:08 PM

But finally we can talk about all that skill we have on the 4th line. This will make alot of posters happy, with all the LACK of skill talk on the bottom lines :shakehead
And how do the posters want to see the ice times divided up with the great skill at the bottom ?

Brassard Calder 10-08-2008 01:32 PM

Not a fan of how Hitch has the lines. Doesn't make sense to have Novotny and Murray on the second line regardless of how well a preseason Novo had. Kind of odd that the whole preseason was spent trying to create chemistry and at the last minute Hitch switches around the lines. I hope this fourth line gets more ice time than a normal fourth line would.

I get the feeling the Torres injury has something to do with it.

I would have preferred something more like this...

Nash-Umberger-Huselius
Modin-Brassard-Voracek
Chimera-Peca-Boll
Picard-Malhotra-Murray

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe 10-08-2008 01:36 PM

I'd be a liar if I said the line combos didn't leave me scratching my head a little too, but as Skraut noted, the important thing is playing time and, maybe more importantly, playing situation.

The line's name or number designation is meaningless.

Plus we all know Hitch is prone to changing combos during the game, so I don't see too much to get worked up about.

Robert 10-08-2008 01:41 PM

Our defense is going to be solid but below the 1st forward line we are anemic, scoring is once again going to plague us....:(

FiveHole23 10-08-2008 01:47 PM

Can i ask where it said there were line combos it just seems to be like thats the roster?

are you guys saying

Nash - Umberger - Juice
Modin - Novoty - Murray
Chims - Brassard - Voracek
Picard - Peca - Boll

Maholtra.

Are bad lines? Thats prolly the best we have seen since the beginning. Obviously the first line clicked against the wild.

Modin and Novoty to huge guys that crash the net along with a guy who wins every board battle. All 3 are pretty good in there own end.

3rd line: one word: speed. Brass and Voracek have been playing together all summer 2 pretty obvious they have chemistry.

And the 4th line blows away and 3rd or 4th line we have ever had, and borderline some 2nd lines.

corporate_Z 10-08-2008 01:49 PM

Why are you guys keeping 8 defensemen? Marc Methot happens to be my best friend's brother, and I thought for certain he would be dealt or picked up off waivers...Is he just going to stay with the big club as an 8th dman, watching from the pressbox every night? Or is this the start of something bigger, maybe a trade?

cbjgirl 10-08-2008 01:51 PM

I just wonder what will be going through Peca's mind when Picard and Boll start their shenanigans. :D

futurcorerock 10-08-2008 01:58 PM

We'll see what everyone's saying after friday night

ZOMG HITCH U R A GENIUS 6 GOALS BY NOVOTNY LOLWUT PLAYOFFS?

MFRONE 10-08-2008 02:05 PM

Other than the Nash line does it really matter what #s the other ones are? It's all about ice time and not what # line they are in the paper.

Stej 10-08-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFRONE (Post 15744380)
Other than the Nash line does it really matter what #s the other ones are? It's all about ice time and not what # line they are in the paper.

Exactly.

Mirinho 10-08-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJrumble (Post 15744110)
Chims - Brassard - Voracek

this line is my favourite ... :handclap: I hope for at least 15 minutes per game for them

Cyborg Yzerman 10-08-2008 02:17 PM

edit on a slight change of heart.

Vitto79 10-08-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darrmd (Post 15742627)
Puck Rakers announced the final Roster.
The Blue Jackets are down to 23.

Forwards (13): Rick Nash, R.J. Umberger, Kristian Huselius, Fredrik Modin, Jiri Novotny, Andrew Murray, Jason Chimera, Derick Brassard, Jake Voracek, Alexandre Picard, Michael Peca, Jared Boll and Manny Malhotra

Defensemen (8): Jan Hejda, Mike Commodore, Fedor Tyutin, Rostislav Klesla, Kris Russell, Christian Backman, Ole-Kristian Tollefsen and Marc Methot

Goaltenders (2): Pascal Leclaire, Fredrik Norrena

I am guessing that they sent Filitov and Dorsett to Syracuse

-Torres and Mason in IR

Prucha for Tollefsen , do it do it

FlaggerX 10-08-2008 03:02 PM

I really wondered about the Chimera-Brassard-Voracek line after seeing them play so well with others, particularly Brassard with Nash and Huselius. Hitch has a point when he says it's different lining up against AHL's and Brad Richards. But I still wonder. These are guys we want to get the time they need, and not cleanup, though Hitch hinted they might move up if they got hot.

CBJrumble is right about that line, it will be fast but with real skill. Chimmer better keep his stick down. And then I thought about it for later when you move Chimmer and drop in Filatov. Our future first line?

pete goegan 10-08-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corporate_Z (Post 15744135)
Why are you guys keeping 8 defensemen? Marc Methot happens to be my best friend's brother, and I thought for certain he would be dealt or picked up off waivers...Is he just going to stay with the big club as an 8th dman, watching from the pressbox every night? Or is this the start of something bigger, maybe a trade?

There should be a bit of rotation through the lineup, depending on who's the opponent and how guys are playing. I doubt that Methot will sit out for long stretches, but he may play less than OKT or Russell.

Cyborg Yzerman 10-08-2008 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaggerX (Post 15745362)
I really wondered about the Chimera-Brassard-Voracek line after seeing them play so well with others, particularly Brassard with Nash and Huselius. Hitch has a point when he says it's different lining up against AHL's and Brad Richards. But I still wonder. These are guys we want to get the time they need, and not cleanup, though Hitch hinted they might move up if they got hot.

CBJrumble is right about that line, it will be fast but with real skill. Chimmer better keep his stick down. And then I thought about it for later when you move Chimmer and drop in Filatov. Our future first line?

I guess Nash isoff the team in your hypothetical future?

pete goegan 10-08-2008 03:06 PM

As to the lines, we open with three on the road and are without Manny and Torres. I suspect HCH is just planning to protect the rookies for a few games until the butterflies settle. Check back in a week, or so, and we should have a much better idea of how the lines will shake out.

Preseason and practice are one thing, now it's for real!!!!

Robert 10-08-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corporate_Z (Post 15744135)

As Pete said, there will be rotation of the lower teir guys and depending on their waiver status some may go up and down? Howson said in Dispatch today no trades or waiver wire pickups are in the plans for now... With injuries and such all eight will get plenty of Columbus ice time...

RDriesenUD 10-08-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFRONE (Post 15744380)

no, but it matters that our 2 best passers are on a line with our worst finisher. doesn't make any sense to me. also, i hope they don't get lose confidence cause their work isn't getting any results but a bunch of puck marks along the boards behind the net.

cydawg 10-08-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 15745508)
As Pete said, there will be rotation of the lower teir guys and depending on their waiver status some may go up and down? Howson said in Dispatch today no trades or waiver wire pickups are in the plans for now... With injuries and such all eight will get plenty of Columbus ice time...

Hmm, I wouldn't be too sure of that.

Found this thread on the mains and thought this might be a reason Methot was kept over Rome.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=559495

If Methot plays on Friday, they could be showcasing him for the Stars. He's expressed interest in wanting out if he isn't playing regularly. Even though he made the team, you have to think he's still not happy about splitting time in the lineup between potentially 3 other guys.

Could very easily be OKT or Backman the Stars would want too.