HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Dallas Re-Acquires Janik for a Conditional 7th (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=559495)

BigG44 10-08-2008 01:50 PM

Dallas Re-Acquires Janik for a Conditional 7th
 
A local Dallas blog is claiming that the Stars are trying to trade for a defensemen. It was really vague though, but this guy usually gives good information.

Quote:

They may need Fistric because Doug Janik has apparently been taken off waivers by Chicago. Speaking of defense, the Stars could be working on a deal in that area. It may happen, it may not. Time will tell and we could know if that goes down later today. All I know is they have been working on something.
http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/inde...te/284-2008-09

Actually, it could be the most vague statement ever written, but what defensemen are being shopped?

Four1 Lead 10-08-2008 01:51 PM

carlo colaiacovo?

you would love him in dallas.

Peter Griffin 10-08-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigG44 (Post 15744147)
Actually, it could be the most vague statement ever written, but what defensemen are being shopped?

Possibly Kevin Bieksa.

BigG44 10-08-2008 01:54 PM

FYI, Dallas is over the cap with 14 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies. A forward will likely be assigned to the AHL, maybe Chris Conner, to put them around $350,000 under the cap. Fistric could be assigned to the AHL so what ever defenseman coming in would have to equal his salary, $788,889, or someone else would also have to be moved.

ugotmybeef* 10-08-2008 01:58 PM

Van Ryan or White? please. :)

TehDoak 10-08-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigG44 (Post 15744217)
FYI, Dallas is over the cap with 14 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies. A forward will likely be assigned to the AHL, maybe Chris Conner, to put them around $350,000 under the cap. Fistric could be assigned to the AHL so what ever defenseman coming in would have to equal his salary, $788,889, or someone else would also have to be moved.

Tallinder and Stafford for Lehitinen and Grossman?

(probably way off in terms of value)

Edit: Isn't Zubov on LTIR? So you guys aren't over the cap

AnaheimDucks90 10-08-2008 01:59 PM

Maybe Dallas will make a trade with the Rangers?

Sony Eriksson* 10-08-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poony McBagelpoon (Post 15744155)
carlo colaiacovo?

you would love him in dallas.

We don't need your trash!


Quote:

Originally Posted by BigG44 (Post 15744217)
FYI, Dallas is over the cap with 14 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies. A forward will likely be assigned to the AHL, maybe Chris Conner, to put them around $350,000 under the cap. Fistric could be assigned to the AHL so what ever defenseman coming in would have to equal his salary, $788,889, or someone else would also have to be moved.

Boucher.fingers crossed!

BigG44 10-08-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehDoak (Post 15744287)
Tallinder and Stafford for Lehitinen and Grossman?

(probably way off in terms of value)

Edit: Isn't Zubov on LTIR? So you guys aren't over the cap

As of right now he is only on the IR. He may not miss enough games to be on the LTIR. At the time he was injured, 3 weeks before the 1st game October 10th, Dallas said he would be out for 4 to 8 weeks.

In the link above though, the guy thought that the Stars would try and get Zubov on the LTIR.

Sony Eriksson* 10-08-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehDoak (Post 15744287)
Tallinder and Stafford for Lehitinen and Grossman?

(probably way off in terms of value)

Edit: Isn't Zubov on LTIR? So you guys aren't over the cap

How much more of an upgrade is Tallinder than Grossman? Serious question..no sarcasm! Stafford i would love!

BigG44 10-08-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehDoak (Post 15744287)
Tallinder and Stafford for Lehitinen and Grossman?

(probably way off in terms of value)

Edit: Isn't Zubov on LTIR? So you guys aren't over the cap

Lehtinen has a NTC, and played with Dallas his entire career. I don't think he would waive it because he is very close to quite a few guys on the roster.

From a hockey standpoint, Mike Ribeiro has made it very clear that he wants Lehtinen playing with him. He likes to have a left and right shot winger, and the only other right shot on Dallas' roster is Crombeen.

Edit: Stafford shoots right doesn't he? Anyway, I doubt Lehtinen would waive his NTC.

KingPuckChoo 10-08-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poony McBagelpoon (Post 15744155)
carlo colaiacovo?

you would love him in dallas.

i have a trade proposal for TO

Luke Schenn
Nik Antropov
a 1st round pick in 2009
and a conditional 1st in 2010*

to LA, in exchange for

The Secret

LA gets more D youth, and a solid 2nd liner, plus 2 picks
TO gets access to the Secret, in which, one can obtain positive energy that TO can convert into wins.

*upon condition of how well TO can adapt the Secret to their organization. Jeff Finger has obviously read the book, now, it is your turn Buds...

Sony Eriksson* 10-08-2008 02:13 PM

I thought Drew Stafford was one of the players that Buffalo wants to build the team around.

John-Eric Iannicello 10-08-2008 02:18 PM

Ian White has apparently been brought up in trade talks with at least one team interested in him.. the extent of that interest I don't know but Fletcher confirmed a team approached him about White.

White is currently being used on forward the last couple games and has been pretty good. He has a cap hit of 850k and his contract expires at the end of the 2009/2010 season and will be an RFA. He's 24 right now I believe.

Fletcher had mentioned Whites ability to play forward and defence has made him a more valuable asset to the organization.. so I'm not sure what it would take (in trade) to deal him.

All I know is the Leafs will be over the roster limit when Jeff Finger returns and need to clear some spots.

Other then that the Leafs could potentially shop Van Ryn but he hasn't done much yet to justify his salary.

Ajacied 10-08-2008 02:19 PM

If true, which I doubt, it will be for an experienced, yet cheap depth defenseman. You could place bets on McLaren or Matvichuk. The Stars don't need any top 6 defensemen.

Ice Cream Man 10-08-2008 02:21 PM

Rhett Warrener (defensive) and Anders Eriksson (offensive) are both available. Apparently Sutter is working the phones, trying to trade them and somehow keep them in the NHL before they fly out to Quad Cities (Peter Mahr, Fan960).

Either or both could probably be had for a 7th.

Sony Eriksson* 10-08-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajacied (Post 15744574)
If true, which I doubt, it will be for an experienced, yet cheap depth defenseman. You could place bets on McLaren or Matvichuk. The Stars don't need any top 6 defensemen.

Regardless of his time here in Dallas i will puke if they sign him. He is as bad now as Hatcher is.

BigG44 10-08-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man (Post 15744613)
Rhett Warrener (defensive) and Anders Eriksson (offensive) are both available. Apparently Sutter is working the phones, trying to trade them and somehow keep them in the NHL before they fly out to Quad Cities (Peter Mahr, Fan960).

Either or both could probably be had for a 7th.

Someone else on the Dallas roster would have to be moved becuase the Stars couldn't take their cap hit.

Sony Eriksson* 10-08-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigG44 (Post 15744669)
Someone else on the Dallas roster would have to be moved becuase the Stars couldn't take their cap hit.

A $2.5 cap off the books with Bocuher being traded sure would help this situation. Trade Boucher and bring Fistric back up and it will leave almost 2 million left to sign someone else.

Ajacied 10-08-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schlong Connery (Post 15744617)
Regardless of his time here in Dallas i will puke if they sign him. He is as bad now as Hatcher is.

Perhaps some truth to it, but consider that:

- For a depth defenseman (#7/8), Matvichuk isn't half as bad
- Familiar with the organisation, players.
- Experienced
- Cheap
- Would cost no trade assests.

I'm against another defenseman in the first place though. But I can't deny it's a very young and unexperienced group. It would make sense getting another vet.

Barney Gumble 10-08-2008 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigG44 (Post 15744217)
FYI, Dallas is over the cap with 14 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goalies. A forward will likely be assigned to the AHL, maybe Chris Conner, to put them around $350,000 under the cap. Fistric could be assigned to the AHL so what ever defenseman coming in would have to equal his salary, $788,889, or someone else would also have to be moved.

According to this link:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=DAL

Dallas is under the cap (even if you add-in Conner's & Fistric's cap hits).

What kind of defensemen does Dallas need?

BigG44 10-08-2008 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Gumble (Post 15744819)
According to this link:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=DAL

Dallas is under the cap (even if you add-in Conner's & Fistric's cap hits).

You didn't include B.J. Crombeen. He's had a great pre-season, played some in the playoffs last year, and would have to clear waivers to go to the AHL. It doesn't look like Dallas will risk waiving him.

Morrow-Ribeiro-Lehtinen
Lundqvist-Richards-Eriksson
Ott-Modano-Avery
Brunnstrom-Petersen-Crombeen
Barch

Barney Gumble 10-08-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigG44 (Post 15744861)
You didn't include B.J. Crombeen. He's had a great pre-season, played some in the playoffs last year, and would have to clear waivers to go to the AHL. It doesn't look like Dallas will risk waiving him.

Morrow-Ribeiro-Lehtinen
Lundqvist-Richards-Eriksson
Ott-Modano-Avery
Brunnstrom-Petersen-Crombeen
Barch

ahhh....I figured that's what it was (a player left off); thanks for the clarification.

Chaos 10-08-2008 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schlong Connery (Post 15744748)
A $2.5 cap off the books with Bocuher being traded sure would help this situation. Trade Boucher and bring Fistric back up and it will leave almost 2 million left to sign someone else.

Problem is, Boucher is coming off a bad, injury riddled season, so they won't get nearly as much as the would have last offseason when they should have traded him.

We Want The 25 10-08-2008 02:42 PM

niinima for riberio


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.