HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   News Article: Detroit D Kyle Quincey waived - claimed by the Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=560698)

Cosmos 10-11-2008 05:28 PM

Detroit D Kyle Quincey waived - claimed by the Kings
 
Should DL be in on this one?

Better than Gauthier?

Too many contracts?

Reaper45 10-11-2008 05:42 PM

Too many contracts.

Captain Ron 10-11-2008 05:46 PM

If I was Lombardi I would either waive Gauthier or Harrold to make room for Quincy. I think he would be more valuable to the Kings than either of them. The only issue is.....would anyone pick up Gauthier or Harrold on waivers? Because I do not think that Dean wants to pay NHL wages for an AHL player.

Beauty, eh? 10-11-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squidward (Post 15792992)
If I was Lombardi I would either waive Gauthier or Harrold to make room for Quincy. I think he would be more valuable to the Kings than either of them. The only issue is.....would anyone pick up Gauthier or Harrold on waivers? Because I do not think that Dean wants to pay NHL wages for an AHL player.

I think we're pretty set at defense for the time being.

Cosmos 10-11-2008 05:59 PM

Quincey is a $525,000 cap hit for 2 years and is 22 I believe.

Not a bad amount IMO.

I would make the claim and move Gauthier to Manchester.

Reaper45 10-11-2008 06:04 PM

He's played 13 NHL regular season games. Why waive Gauthier for him?

Stupid Sexy Flanders 10-11-2008 06:18 PM

In a couple of playoff games in 06-07, he was the best d-man on the ice. But Holland still values Chelios more than him. I expect he's a better player than Gauthier.

KINGS17 10-11-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 15793287)
He's played 13 NHL regular season games. Why waive Gauthier for him?

Because Quincey has some upside and Gauthier would probably pass through waivers and help the kids in Manchester. If a team picked Gauthier up on waivers I would be surprised.

Getting Quincey could fast forward the development of the young defense a bit, and if he doesn't pan out no big deal.

Builditagain* 10-11-2008 07:16 PM

would take him in a heart beat.Waive Gauth,no one will pick him up right now.Quincey is tough similar to Greene but can move the puck a little better fits in with the age group of our core ,played in Missy with Sully good leader team player that has been brought along carefully by the Wings. Take Him!

no name 10-11-2008 07:27 PM

Im pretty sure that Harrold would be picked up off waivers. Just a strong hunch.

sweatypickle 10-11-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 15795944)
Im pretty sure that Harrold would be picked up off waivers. Just a strong hunch.

exactly.. do we want more rookies on the line... Gauthier sucks balls though so it could go either way...

KINGS17 10-11-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Builditagain (Post 15795543)
would take him in a heart beat.Waive Gauth,no one will pick him up right now.Quincey is tough similar to Greene but can move the puck a little better fits in with the age group of our core ,played in Missy with Sully good leader team player that has been brought along carefully by the Wings. Take Him!

OK, I changed my mind.

no name 10-11-2008 09:57 PM

I do like Quincey's upside though.

Captain Ron 10-11-2008 11:36 PM

I think the chances of Dean putting in a claim just went up.:sarcasm:

Zad 10-12-2008 12:43 AM

If Detroit waived him, he must be good.

CBGB 10-12-2008 03:39 AM

After watching Gauthier tonight, if Dean doesn't pick him up.... well..... he didn't pick up Bryzgalov either.

Chazz Reinhold 10-12-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBGB (Post 15806175)
After watching Gauthier tonight, if Dean doesn't pick him up.... well..... he didn't pick up Bryzgalov either.

Phoenix had waiver priority over the Kings.

Zad 10-12-2008 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold (Post 15809199)
Phoenix had waiver priority over the Kings.

...and Anaheim was ready to trade him for a 2nd rounder or something akin to that. Lombardi blew that one. Is this even arguable anymore? I recall he said in the press that he didn't want Bryz. It wasn't lack of opportunity. It was lack of intent.

French Connection 10-13-2008 09:23 AM

They should sign him and send Doughty back to JR. for more seasoning. He needs it.

dbbourn 10-13-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdPooch (Post 15820142)
They should sign him and send Doughty back to JR. for more seasoning. He needs it.

He's only had 2 NHL games. not quite sure I agree... yet. Actually, none of the D has stood out yet.

wabwat 10-13-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdPooch (Post 15820142)
They should sign him and send Doughty back to JR. for more seasoning. He needs it.


no he doesn't. Doughty will be fine.

it's Denis Gauthier that everyone needs to worry about... is he still Junior eligible?

Captain Ron 10-13-2008 11:39 AM

With Johnson probably going on the IR Dean needs another defenseman. The waiver on Quincey has expired....have not heard if he was claimed yet.

wabwat 10-13-2008 11:41 AM

http://www.redwingscentral.com/forum...=5568&start=10

bottom of page... click the links.

hrm.

Heaton 10-13-2008 11:42 AM

http://redwingscorner.blogspot.com/

Kings claimed him.

bcking 10-13-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squidward (Post 15821853)
With Johnson probably going on the IR Dean needs another defenseman. The waiver on Quincey has expired....have not heard if he was claimed yet.

Kings Roster says Jack Johnson is on the IR already

http://kings.nhl.com/team/app?servic...rs&type=roster


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.