HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why isn't Pacioretty filling in for Higgins ? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=560718)

FF de Mars 10-11-2008 06:33 PM

Why isn't Pacioretty filling in for Higgins ?

Carbo is playing Kostopoulos on a line with Lang and S Kostsitsyn. As much as I like Kostopoulos, he is a 4th line player. At the same time, Pacioretty did have an awsome training camp, is showing promises and deserves to be in the line up. Until Higgins get better, why isn't Pacioretty playing with Lang and S. Kostsitsyn, it'd give him a preview of what is the NHL and I think he is better suited for our offencive 3rd line than Kostopoulos.

Beakermania* 10-11-2008 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF de Mars (Post 15794157)
Carbo is playing Kostopoulos on a line with Lang and S Kostsitsyn. As much as I like Kostopoulos, he is a 4th line player. At the same time, Pacioretty did have an awsome training camp, is showing promises and deserves to be in the line up. Until Higgins get better, why isn't Pacioretty playing with Lang and S. Kostsitsyn, it'd give him a preview of what is the NHL and I think he is better suited for our offencive 3rd line than Kostopoulos.

1) Roster reasons.... 23 men on the NHL roster at any time...
2) Cap reasons.... I explained it all in yesterdays PGT... let me find the post

FF de Mars 10-11-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 15794200)
1) Roster reasons.... 23 men on the NHL roster at any time...
2) Cap reasons.... I explained it all in yesterdays PGT... let me find the post

thanks

Beakermania* 10-11-2008 06:46 PM

Here you go:

Because we are at 23 players on our roster right now....

24 but Bouillion is on IR.

If you call up Pac you need to put someone on IR to do it, or put someone on waivers and send them to Hamilton.

With all the defensive injuries (Bouillion out... Markov and Hammer just coming back) and 3 games in 4 nights waiving Dandy at this point is not a good idea.

If you put someone on IR they still count against the cap as does Pacioretty who you are calling up.... the cap is calculated daily... every day he collects an NHL paycheque means the cap space you will have later (ie trade deadline) is reduced. IR players count against the cap.... LONG TERM IR doesn't (must be on there for at least 3 months, must have a real documented injury, ability of the league to check into it if they think you are using it to circumvent the cap).

couz 10-11-2008 07:13 PM

Let MaxPac get his winds in his sails in Hamilton, no reason to start his pro career by yo yo ing up and down.

Bouchard 10-11-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couz (Post 15795459)
Let MaxPac get his winds in his sails in Hamilton, no reason to start his pro career by yo yo ing up and down.

Completely agree, no reason to rush the kid. We have a good team, is it really worth the risk?

FF de Mars 10-11-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 15794591)
Here you go:

Because we are at 23 players on our roster right now....

24 but Bouillion is on IR.

If you call up Pac you need to put someone on IR to do it, or put someone on waivers and send them to Hamilton.

With all the defensive injuries (Bouillion out... Markov and Hammer just coming back) and 3 games in 4 nights waiving Dandy at this point is not a good idea.

If you put someone on IR they still count against the cap as does Pacioretty who you are calling up.... the cap is calculated daily... every day he collects an NHL paycheque means the cap space you will have later (ie trade deadline) is reduced. IR players count against the cap.... LONG TERM IR doesn't (must be on there for at least 3 months, must have a real documented injury, ability of the league to check into it if they think you are using it to circumvent the cap).

Thanks for the explanation.

Toro 10-11-2008 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF de Mars (Post 15797287)
Thanks for the explanation.

its like you guys created this thread and answered the question before anyone else asks it and creates a silly long debate and war over it.LOL

nice....

Beakermania* 10-11-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toro (Post 15798471)
its like you guys created this thread and answered the question before anyone else asks it and creates a silly long debate and war over it.LOL

nice....

I should sticky it :sarcasm:

gusfring 10-11-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouchard (Post 15796757)
Completely agree, no reason to rush the kid. We have a good team, is it really worth the risk?

What is the risk of having him play 5 regular season games? I don't get it.

Toro 10-11-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 15800241)
I should sticky it :sarcasm:

Not a bad idea.:shakehead

looks like we have another who needs an explaination.

lou4gehrig 10-11-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nittany (Post 15801012)
What is the risk of having him play 5 regular season games? I don't get it.

What's the point of having him play on the fourth line for 5 regular season games? I don't get it.

He's a first year pro. Let him play top line minutes, power play, PK, whatever. Let him be the go to guy and dominate Hamilton for half a season to build his confidence.. Similar to S Kost last year.

Kriss E 10-11-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF de Mars (Post 15794157)

Lang's line was the best one in the first game, and they handled themselves pretty well tonight again.
Pointless Thread.

If Higgins was out for 3months, it'd be different but he's supposed to come back wednesday.

gusfring 10-11-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lou4gehrig (Post 15802820)
What's the point of having him play on the fourth line for 5 regular season games? I don't get it.

He's a first year pro. Let him play top line minutes, power play, PK, whatever. Let him be the go to guy and dominate Hamilton for half a season to build his confidence.. Similar to S Kost last year.

Who says he would play on the 4th line?

WeThreeKings 10-11-2008 10:50 PM

Why isn't Chipchura playing instead of Begin or Dandenault is the real question.

MadarameIkakku83 10-11-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lou4gehrig (Post 15802820)

exactly, next year its likely the habs could lose somefirepower due to all the re-signings and raises alot of guys will get, and it will be a good opportunity for him show what he's got.. along with the fact he will have a full year of pro hockey under his belt

OneSharpMarble 10-11-2008 11:02 PM

How about this, why isn't S. Kost playing with Koivu instead of Lats?

WeThreeKings 10-11-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble (Post 15803227)

Because that line would never shoot.

Beakermania* 10-11-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble (Post 15803227)

Cause noone on a line of Sergei.. Tanguay.. Koivu would ever shoot....

The Lats - Koivu - Tanguay line was great tonight... why do we want to break it up??

Cupmonger 10-11-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 15803271)

The Lats - Koivu - Tanguay line was great tonight... why do we want to break it up??

AHEM, well S.Kost just scored 2 tonight ><
But yea I know what you mean :)

Beakermania* 10-11-2008 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cupmonger (Post 15803553)
AHEM, well S.Kost just scored 2 tonight ><
But yea I know what you mean :)

So if he played great too... why are we moving him away from the line he played on :dunno:

Why change up lines that are working??

Toro 10-11-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 15803600)
So if he played great too... why are we moving him away from the line he played on :dunno:

Why change up lines that are working??

What do you mean why...cause its not fare to keep the lines we are using. The rest of the league will start to complain.:yo:

Canadiens Fan 10-12-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadarameIkakku83 (Post 15803143)
exactly, next year its likely the habs could lose somefirepower due to all the re-signings and raises alot of guys will get, and it will be a good opportunity for him show what he's got.. along with the fact he will have a full year of pro hockey under his belt

HockeyNews.com Montreal Canadiens Blog

Habs Should Be Patient With Pacioretty
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...acioretty.html

OneSharpMarble 10-12-2008 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 15803271)

Because lats was being fed all night long and other then his one nice pass was a total floater. S. Kost plays great with Koivu and has a higher potential, he belongs on the top two lines. Once Higgins gets back I imagine he will take lats spot and he will drop down to Kostopolous's spot and so on but S. Kost should be with Koivu.

S.Kost got both of his goals while with Koivu and Tanguay I believe, they obviously have chemistry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 15803255)
Because that line would never shoot.

S. Kost getting 2 goals tonight and showing his scoring flair disagrees with you. He has a wicked wrist shot with great accuracy, Lats doesn't hit like a power forward and he doesn't creat chances, he floats until Koivu hands him a goal on a silver platter.

ReVeuF 10-12-2008 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouchard (Post 15796757)

I agree, i want Max to have at least 20 games with Hamilton before he get called back. Lets see how good he is in the lower league.

I predict a point per game in the AHL for him.