HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Shremp (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=56094)

Staalwart 02-26-2004 08:58 PM

Shremp
 
If the rangers don't win the Ovechkin sweepstakes, anyone else wanna see them take Robbie Shremp with a pick like 4 or 5. Obviously we wants ovechkin, but since that is somewaht unlikely what do you think of shremp?

Edge 02-26-2004 09:45 PM

Not a big fan personally.as i said in a similar post, not even sure if he is the best draft eligible player on his team.

rickyrod 02-27-2004 12:34 AM

isn't the general concensus that if we can't get ovechkin, we should get cam barker?

Draft Guru 02-27-2004 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickyrod
isn't the general concensus that if we can't get ovechkin, we should get cam barker?

I would steer clear of Barker if I was calling the shots. I talk frequently with the father of a 2004 prospect currently playing in the WHL, and he's known Barker for years. Kinda heard some stuff that definitely throws up the red flags. Plus, I think he is overrated. I would not touch him with a top 5 pick.

Larry Melnyk 02-27-2004 09:51 AM

Why get Schemp when you can get Curly? nyuk, nyuk, nyuk,,,

Bluenote13 02-27-2004 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Why get Schemp when you can get Curly? nyuk, nyuk, nyuk,,,

That was awful...thanks for posting it before i did :p

Schremp is a good player, but like Edge said there are players better than him at #2-#5. Bolland, Wolski, Green, Olesz, Smid. If Sather is still GM :shakehead you have to look at what he has done in the past - size & skating. Most of the Sather picks have been smooth skater's, of course, the Edmonton days are still in his head. All of TLB's picks in the first two rounds with us have been 6'2 or taller, with the exception of Blackie. Looking at that criteria, the top ten according to that drafting theory is(not including goalies):

Ovechkin
Malkin
Olesz
Tukonen
Smid
Chipchura
Wolski
Ladd
Green
Thelen

Edge 02-27-2004 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft Guru
I would steer clear of Barker if I was calling the shots. I talk frequently with the father of a 2004 prospect currently playing in the WHL, and he's known Barker for years. Kinda heard some stuff that definitely throws up the red flags. Plus, I think he is overrated. I would not touch him with a top 5 pick.


Hmmm a father or a fellow junior player bashing a spotlighted prospect? Boy that's a new trend.... :joker:

Seriously though, the biggest problem with Barker is they are trying to use him as a one man show. The kids average icetime is sky high.

The Kids going in the top 5 regardless of whether the rangers take him or not. I dunno how anyone could say he's overrated when not too many people are even familiar with Barker. the kid is the real down, he's just on a team that lacks depth and is being overtaxed by his icetime.

He might just be the best all around player in the draft, he's just as good as Coburn, Suter or Phaneuf from last year.

Son of Steinbrenner 02-27-2004 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
Hmmm a father or a fellow junior player bashing a spotlighted prospect? Boy that's a new trend.... :joker:

Seriously though, the biggest problem with Barker is they are trying to use him as a one man show. The kids average icetime is sky high.

The Kids going in the top 5 regardless of whether the rangers take him or not. I dunno how anyone could say he's overrated when not too many people are even familiar with Barker. the kid is the real down, he's just on a team that lacks depth and is being overtaxed by his icetime.

He might just be the best all around player in the draft, he's just as good as Coburn, Suter or Phaneuf from last year.

edge everybody here respects your views on prospects can you give us your top ten and what guy you think the rangers will get with there pick?

Edge 02-27-2004 12:38 PM

Waaaay to early to do that. With so much time left in the season and playoffs guys are gonna fall and rise, get hurt or just get beaten out for spots.

I'll give a sketch of one in April(ish) and than go from there.

I actually gave some of my thoughts on another post (i cant remember which) where i talked about the WHL kids primarily {which personally i think has one of the more intriguiging draft crops this year}.

Son of Steinbrenner 02-27-2004 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
Waaaay to early to do that. With so much time left in the season and playoffs guys are gonna fall and rise, get hurt or just get beaten out for spots.

I'll give a sketch of one in April(ish) and than go from there.

I actually gave some of my thoughts on another post (i cant remember which) where i talked about the WHL kids primarily {which personally i think has one of the more intriguiging draft crops this year}.

cool i'll search your posts and find it :)

Edge 02-27-2004 12:41 PM

i just looked for it, its under "new avatar" on the page right before this.

Bluenote13 02-27-2004 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
edge everybody here respects your views on prospects can you give us your top ten and what guy you think the rangers will get with there pick?

Didn't bother to read my post eh? ;)

Edge 02-27-2004 04:57 PM

well you're simply not on my level bluenote. I'm a filet mignon, you're dog meat. I'm a porsche, you're a pinto. I'm Edge, and you are not. :D

Dear God, I sound like I just cut a wrestling promo.

I used to do that in College or at bars as a joke with my friends, as my alter ego Tristan Phoenix, playboy, millionaire and future world champion.

Okaaay, Edge is gonna shut up now.

Bluenote13 02-27-2004 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
well you're simply not on my level bluenote. I'm a filet mignon, you're dog meat. I'm a porsche, you're a pinto. I'm Edge, and you are not. :D

Dear God, I sound like I just cut a wrestling promo.

I used to do that in College or at bars as a joke with my friends, as my alter ego Tristan Phoenix, playboy, millionaire and future world champion.

Okaaay, Edge is gonna shut up now.

Your the gourmet around here Edgy ;)

Edge 02-27-2004 11:10 PM

lol, if i am the gourmet me thinks the kitchen should be condemned and closed.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.