HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Still think he sucks?! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=56104)

biggbloo 02-26-2004 09:14 PM

Still think he sucks?!

Anyone who is still against Sean Burke,and his return to the Flyers,can kiss my rosy red @$$!! His performance against the Ottawa Senators was spectacular! 39 Saves,and a bit of the old Hextall attitude was what I saw.He kept the Flyers in 1st place BY HIMSELF! Thank you Sean Burke,and thank you Clarkie for bringing Burkie back!

Flyers26 02-26-2004 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggbloo
Anyone who is still against Sean Burke,and his return to the Flyers,can kiss my rosy red @$$!! His performance against the Ottawa Senators was spectacular! 39 Saves,and a bit of the old Hextall attitude was what I saw.He kept the Flyers in 1st place BY HIMSELF! Thank you Sean Burke,and thank you Clarkie for bringing Burkie back!

Easy cowboy... He played a really good game, and kept it a tie in OT. Hats off to Burke for his play in this game. That being said, I still wish he wasn't here.
One playoff series win, back during the Regan admin. isn't going to get it done today.

Gert B Frobe 02-26-2004 09:20 PM

Calm down there cocoahorse... He played a great game I won't deny it.

Let's see how he plays on Sunday at Detroit. Remember: one robin doesn't $hit spring.

FlyersHomer DM03 02-26-2004 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggbloo

He stole a point for us in a great individual effort--can he repeat this performance. First off lets hope he doesn't have to, he was left all alone multiple times, and if he faces this many shots in multiple playoff games, the odds are just going to catch up with us and we lose.

I'm not jumping on the 'Burke is the savior' bandwagon yet

sinisalo 02-26-2004 09:23 PM

Does he still suck?

Well....uh.....yeah.

Check back after the playoffs, ok?

Dr Love 02-26-2004 09:34 PM

It's one game. ONE GAME. Don't keep your excitement for too long, Esche will be the starter in the playoffs as long as he's healthy.

biggbloo 02-26-2004 09:39 PM

You guys are unbelievable!

In the post-game interview I heard Burke say that his team needed him to make come up big for them,and he did.This game meant an awful lot for this team,and it could be a way for the team to get behind their two goalies for the play-offs. Esche,(Burke's closet hockey friend),is starting in the next game,and Burke may be getting the Detroit game on Sunday. These games,and this road trip mean tons to the spirit of this team. Burke is not the starting play-off goalie,Esche is,and it is important for the entire team to be playing like a team going into the final stages of the season. Tonight was and is an important display for the fans of the Flyers,yet you guys keep harping on the past.Hmmm,no wonder Philadelphia teams haven't won a championship since 1983,you guys don't deserve it! Oh,BTW Terrell Owens is staying in S.F.,so you can stop referring to him as T.O. as if he were on the Eagles already!(ha-ha!)

capn89* 02-26-2004 09:52 PM

Burke could play shutout hockey for the remainder of the regular season and the best he'd get from me is a "good job." Until he (or Esche) who are supposedly "the guys" get this team to at least the Eastern Finals, I will still stand by my claim that neither will ever win this team anything. Regular season stats are pretty and nice and swell to look at and drool over, but until they're smiling, shaking hands and saying "bye bye" to the likes of Ottawa and/or New Jersey in the playoffs, it doesn't matter to me. The Flyers have been a great team for the last 8 years or so, always on the verge, so I've seen this all before. If this were a team that's sucked for the last few years and were playing this great, I'd be giddy as a school girl, but this is all "been there, done that." It's time for them to take it to the next level when playoff time rolls around.

blah 02-26-2004 09:58 PM

And if they do win it? You plan on hopping on the wagon afterwards?

capn89* 02-26-2004 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
And if they do win it? You plan on hopping on the wagon afterwards?

Wow, is being a Flyers fan some sort of a dictatorship? All because I despise Sean Burke and Sean Burke alone (ok, maybe Chris Therien too) suddenly I'm not a fan? Just because I'm not a puppet doesn't mean I'm not a fan, but hey, if that's the way you feel, good for you. What's next in this dictatorship?

But anyway, I already posted it on these boards (although the name of the thread escapes me right now) that if the Flyers win the cup, I'll buy each of my fellow Flyers fans here dinner. So I hope they can pull it out, most of the fans here seem like good people.

blah 02-26-2004 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capn89
Wow, is being a Flyers fan some sort of a dictatorship? All because I despise Sean Burke and Sean Burke alone (ok, maybe Chris Therien too) suddenly I'm not a fan? Just because I'm not a puppet doesn't mean I'm not a fan, but hey, if that's the way you feel, good for you. What's next in this dictatorship?

But anyway, I already posted it on these boards (although the name of the thread escapes me right now) that if the Flyers win the cup, I'll buy each of my fellow Flyers fans here dinner. So I hope they can pull it out, most of the fans here seem like good people.

Huh? I just thought it was a little weird. Not many "fans" root against their favorite teams when they're in the midst of a playoff race.

capn89* 02-26-2004 10:13 PM

Quote:

Huh? I just thought it was a little weird. Not many "fans" root against their favorite teams when they're in the midst of a playoff race.

Who in the ****ing hell said I was rooting against the Flyers!?

blah 02-26-2004 10:15 PM

Seems like you want to see Burke fail.

capn89* 02-26-2004 10:18 PM

Quote:

Seems like you want to see Burke fail.

Yep, that's what I want. I want Burke to fail, because I get sadistic pleasure in watching the Flyers come close, yet so far, every year. You caught me. Don't tell, ok?

BTW, take a look at http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=55656 which has my predictions about tonights game and the next two. For a "stupid non-fan" who has "no idea what he's talking about" I sure did seem to hit this game right on the head.

CNote 02-26-2004 10:23 PM

Quote:

Who in the ****ing hell said I was rooting against the Flyers!?

...sure you're not a Devils fan? ;)

capn89* 02-26-2004 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutch
...sure you're not a Devils fan? ;)

My father is a devils fan. I haven't seen my father in 4 years. I hate my father and anything he's associated with. I live in new jersey. I hate the state of new jersey and all that it has to offer. Do the math. :D

Brad* 02-26-2004 10:31 PM

Quote:

My father is a devils fan. I haven't seen my father in 4 years. I hate my father and anything he's associated with. I live in new jersey. I hate the state of new jersey and all that it has to offer. Do the math. :D

Very cheerful story...

capn89* 02-26-2004 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
Very cheerful story...

Looks like a couple people have absolutely no sense of humor.

capn89* 02-26-2004 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kffk
Want a tissue?

No thanks, I wouldn't want to deprive you or anything.

The Seeker 25 02-27-2004 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
Easy cowboy... He played a really food game, and kept it a tie in OT. Hats off to Burke for his play in this game. That being said, I still wish he wasn't here.
One playoff series win, back during the Regan admin. isn't going to get it done today.

Well said, Baron. I agree with you 100%....no denying Burke played a great game and stole us a point.

That being said, it also doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing we'll have an unproven playoff netminder (Esche) and perennial playoff flop (Burke) heading into this post season. My daughter will be 16 this year, the year Burke last won a playoff series.

Enjoy the brilliance of Burke's good game.....just don't get carried away and make the parade route plans just yet.

Flyers26 02-27-2004 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSeeker
That being said, it also doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing we'll have an unproven playoff netminder (Esche) and perennial playoff flop (Burke) heading into this post season. My daughter will be 16 this year, the year Burke last won a playoff series.

That is really frightning!

I think part of my hatred of Burke stems from his issues with his wife a few years back. I hate guys that "hit" women. There is no reason in the world to hit a women.
As much as they can be a pain in the butt, it should NEVER get physical!

BrindA17 02-27-2004 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
He played a really food game

:joker:
I'm not making fun of you, everyone makes mistakes. I just had a good laugh after reading that sentence.

Hammerwise 02-27-2004 06:44 AM

Burke had a great first game, got shelled a bit, and was good last night. Not huge reason to celebrate.
But what do people expect, that a goalie is like a computer mouse, plug in and play? He's got an entirely different defense and team concept in front of him. And with the injuries and players, esp dmen, coming in and out of the lineup. he's played 8 games, give him a chance before evaluating good or bad.

Flyers26 02-27-2004 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrindA17
:joker:
I'm not making fun of you, everyone makes mistakes. I just had a good laugh after reading that sentence.

Yea, my typing skills leave something to be desired!

Teezax 02-27-2004 08:30 AM

he's a spying Debbie, get him!!!