HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   habs intrested in (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=56118)

Artyukhin* 02-26-2004 09:46 PM

habs intrested in

Lyle Odelein yep that the rumour outta flordia...

Perez 02-26-2004 09:48 PM

It's ok with me but he's not worth more then a 5th rounder (max)...

Sonik 02-26-2004 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
Lyle Odelein yep that the rumour outta flordia...

While on the subject, why not Todd Ewen?

Guy Caballero 02-26-2004 09:50 PM

Oh yeah! Do it up. I love Odelein. Plus, if we bring him back we can play his song again when he fights:

Ode-LEIN. Love isn't always on time!

Artyukhin* 02-26-2004 09:51 PM

[QUOTE=Sonik]While on the subject, why not Todd Ewen?[/QUO

--------------------http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spectors_trade_rumours.html

also rumour of rivet on the move?who wrote that article?
flordia looking for a good face off man...ding ding ding bye bye yannaic

RE-HABS 02-26-2004 10:11 PM

Odie was great in Montreal, but that was the last time he was a real contributer except for his NJ years.

We have Q, basically the same type of player. This has to be a Florida rumor.

chicpea* 02-26-2004 10:12 PM

I love Lyle ever since Moose Jaw (his brother selmar was better though) and would personally welcome him, but isn;t he a bit old? I mean, I haven't really seen him play this year so I don't know. I do know that he tries his hardest and is tough as nails. Great for the Playoffs. Heart and Experience.

RE-HABS 02-26-2004 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicpea
I love Lyle ever since Moose Jaw (his brother selmar was better though) and would personally welcome him, but isn;t he a bit old? I mean, I haven't really seen him play this year so I don't know. I do know that he tries his hardest and is tough as nails. Great for the Playoffs. Heart and Experience.

He has been bouncing around the last couple of years, if we are looking for a depth Dman there maybe better choices out there.

His brother was better, but had the unfortunate fate of being drafted by a very deep and talented Oiler team at the time.

Kirk Muller* 02-26-2004 10:52 PM

I could bring out my #24 Odelein jersey. :handclap:

Mooch 02-27-2004 08:22 AM

This rumor is BS. A few weeks ago the florida GM mentioned he would only send lyle to a contending team, because of the amount of respect he has for him.

Perry Turnbull 02-27-2004 08:39 AM

I don't like Lyle. He smiles when we get scored on.

Then again he smiles when we score too.
And when he fights.
And when he get a cross-check in the neck.
And when he ties his skates.

Aaaah, I like Lyle. He just looks so :D happy all the time.

Mooch 02-27-2004 08:43 AM

:lol:

Darz 02-27-2004 08:49 AM

Selmar wasn't better than Lyle. Maybe at the junior level but if your telling me a guy who cracked the NHL for a whopping 18 games is better than a guy who has played over 1000, I really question that.

Then agian I remember Mario Lemieux saying his brother Alain was a better hockey player than him, so......

Dragon 02-27-2004 09:42 AM

Bring back Odelein! He add playoff experience, toughness and depth to our blueline! :yo:

Habs 02-27-2004 10:23 AM

Can we get Donald Dufresne as well? Convince Popovic to come back? JJ.Daigneault?

Kafka 02-27-2004 10:52 AM

Is he still having is tatoo of the habs logo?

....... I loved how he played for montreal and just hope he could play the same way after comming back here.... It would bring playoff experience in the club.

chicpea* 02-27-2004 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
Selmar wasn't better than Lyle. Maybe at the junior level but if your telling me a guy who cracked the NHL for a whopping 18 games is better than a guy who has played over 1000, I really question that.

Then agian I remember Mario Lemieux saying his brother Alain was a better hockey player than him, so......

Maybe you're right Darz, but they were very different styles. Maybe I shouldn't have said "better" but I recall Selmar and the Pats lighting it up whenever they came to town (Pats-Warriors games were some of the best hockey I'd ever seen at that point). He was very gifted offensively I thought at the time. Lyle is great in his own way. Too bad about Selmar though, I love it when brothers play in the league for some reason.

romain_jaime 02-27-2004 12:13 PM

I'll never forget when Ode stopped at center hice and ripped a shot at the other teams bench... Now THAT is Ode at his best, who cares about goals and assists !

BTW, who was the team he did that too again? NYR Maybe?

PacketFlo 02-27-2004 12:14 PM

Apparently Montreal have been eyeing Saku's brother Miko Koivu for a long time. He belongs to the Wild but rumor has it that A. Savard has been trying to get this kid for the longest time. It doesn't make sense if you think short term and the coming playoffs. However, Gainey is trying to restructure the org and this kid plays center and is big at 6"2 200 pounds. If anything happens, expect someone like Hossa getting traded......

obcd1 02-27-2004 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Oh yeah! Do it up. I love Odelein. Plus, if we bring him back we can play his song again when he fights:

Ode-LEIN. Love isn't always on time!

yeah I like this song "Toto - Hold The Line"

All-Star 02-27-2004 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacketFlo
Apparently Montreal have been eyeing Saku's brother Miko Koivu for a long time. He belongs to the Wild but rumor has it that A. Savard has been trying to get this kid for the longest time. It doesn't make sense if you think short term and the coming playoffs. However, Gainey is trying to restructure the org and this kid plays center and is big at 6"2 200 pounds. If anything happens, expect someone like Hossa getting traded......

If Miko came to Montreal, he'd get crushed under the pressure. Look what's going on with Marcel Hossa, and his brother doesn't even play for us.

Corey 02-27-2004 03:21 PM

He could tag-team with his brother the next time there was a bagarre.

Sonik 02-29-2004 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey
He could tag-team with his brother the next time there was a bagarre.

The question is... does Ribeiro have a brother to team with?

Alrusky 02-29-2004 11:42 PM

Common guys, have some class... We don't need defence, we need leadership and grit... You all forgot Kirk Muller. If you'd bring anyone old back, might as well be him!!

StanAjax 03-01-2004 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacketFlo

I'm not that sure Savard wanted that bad Mikko Koivu. He would have traded up with Minnesota back in 2001. And if he tried but didn't succeed, that was because the Wild was very high on Mikko and they should still stick with him........ So, Gainey will not be able to trade for him, I believe.

However, I have the feeling that if the Wild had selected, let's say Tuomo Ruutu in 2001, Savard would still have picked Komisarek. Mikko's skills are nowhere near Saku's......as of now. Mikko's development has been slow, even if he's been hampered by injuries. I think of Mikko more of a new Olli Jokinen : might explode some day to put Saku-like numbers, but will have hard time being a 1st line center in the NHL for years...

I hope I'm wrong, because Saku's my favourite player and Minnesota's been my second favorite team ever since they've been back in the NHL..... I'm dreaming of Mikko blossoming next to Gaborik and facing Saku in Stanley Cup finals, somewhen between 2007 and 2010........ ;)