HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Salary Cap: What would YOU do in the situation? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=561203)

FromTheSide 10-13-2008 05:48 AM

What would YOU do in the situation?

Everyone is aware of the cap situation and the forward Roster spot situation going on so my question is , what would YOU do?

Lets not go into the whole shanahan scinerio ,whatever happens with that will happen.

Personally aside from shanny ,i'd send down korpokoski ,yes he's a hard worker and he has shown he has game but lets not forget we saw the same from dubinsky but it didn't work at first and look where he is now,sending him down to hartford for "polishing" can only do good.

I may be wrong but i think cally played center at one point? i'd try Prucha-Callahan-Fritsche or Prucha-Fritsche-Callahan and attempt to waive or send rissmiller out for maybe a draft pick or possibly jed ortmeyer :sarcasm:

As for dawes....well i dont know i just don't like what im seeing from him , lets hope playing the debbies awakens him tonight.

Cynical TyranT 10-13-2008 06:09 AM

I'd lock this thread, that's what I'd do

MiniRide 10-13-2008 07:14 AM

keep prucha and send down korpi? ha! have you seen the way korp has outplayed pru?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger (Post 15819194)
Everyone is aware of the cap situation and the forward Roster spot situation going on so my question is , what would YOU do?

Lets not go into the whole shanahan scinerio ,whatever happens with that will happen.

Personally aside from shanny ,i'd send down korpokoski ,yes he's a hard worker and he has shown he has game but lets not forget we saw the same from dubinsky but it didn't work at first and look where he is now,sending him down to hartford for "polishing" can only do good.

I may be wrong but i think cally played center at one point? i'd try Prucha-Callahan-Fritsche or Prucha-Fritsche-Callahan and attempt to waive or send rissmiller out for maybe a draft pick or possibly jed ortmeyer :sarcasm:

As for dawes....well i dont know i just don't like what im seeing from him , lets hope playing the debbies awakens him tonight.

free0717 10-13-2008 07:35 AM

Im keeping Korpi and letting him go through his growing pains at this level. I waive/ trade Rissmiller and Prucha. I promote Fahey. Fritzhe and Dawes split time.

This gives us 2.1 million dollars of cap space. 285K not enough due to the Short term injuries.

If Prucha cant play 2nd line and get PP time, he is useless. Time to cut Bait.

FromTheSide 10-13-2008 07:39 AM

^But fahey has to clear waivers so thats not happening,the next closest thing is potter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniRide (Post 15819286)
keep prucha and send down korpi? ha! have you seen the way korp has outplayed pru?

and how is that? they both have the same amount of goals which is 0 , they both hustle and they both work the forecheck you can't really say theres a big difference between them right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT (Post 15819216)

Wow thanks for your genius comment that really answers the topic question , go spam somewhere else please.

NYR Viper 10-13-2008 08:31 AM

hmmm.....

trade prucha+rissmiller....(2.6 million in cap space)

bring up fahey(who i believe does not need to go through waivers as he is a on a two-way contract)

naslund-gomez-drury
voros-dubi-zherdev
dawes-korpikoski-callahan
sjostrom-betts-orr/fritsche

Bleed Ranger Blue 10-13-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger (Post 15819194)

I really really REALLY hope youre kidding with the Jed Ortmeyer thing.

Melrose_Jr. 10-13-2008 09:07 AM

Right now, nothing. Keep rotating in these bottom half players until a choice becomes clear.

Fletch 10-13-2008 10:53 AM

is there really an urgent need to create cap space? Aside from signing Shanny, there isn't a need, and if you don't want Shanny signed, why clear the cap space?

I presonally hate having dead wood lay around and that should be cleared out in any event, and if some of the dead wood isn't moveable and the only option to clear them off the books is send them to HFD, then I wouldn't see a need to clear the space until that space is needed.

azrok22 10-13-2008 11:06 AM

Prucha's days are numbered one way or another. If we can trade him for a pick, do it now.

If we keep him sitting in the press box all season we are going to lose him for nothing at the end of the season anyway. His qualifying offer to retain his rights is over $1.6 million. No way the Rangers qualify him at that price, meaning he's an UFA anyway.

Edit below:
Quote:

is there really an urgent need to create cap space?
Yes and no. No there's no urgency as in we need to clear the space today rather than tomorrow, buy yes in the sense that every dollar we spend today is a dollar less we can spend at the trade deadline. Just no reason not to resolve the roster issues asap. Further, god forbid a D gets hurt, we cannot replace them.

offdacrossbar 10-13-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT (Post 15819216)

:nod:

ogie 10-13-2008 11:15 AM

More information is needed for me to answer this. I am still trying to figure out why Fritshe has been scratched four straight games. In my opinion he outplayed Voros and Rismiller in pre-season and hasn't seen a second of ice time since.

Melrose_Jr. 10-13-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azrok22 (Post 15820593)
Just no reason not to resolve the roster issues asap. Further, god forbid a D gets hurt, we cannot replace them.

I wouldn't say it's a roster issue as much as it's an ongoing audition.

If you need to promote a d-man before it's been decided, you just simply demote one of these extra forwards. Could easily be Prucha, who's extremely likely to make it through waivers at his price tag. It's not like trading him is the only option.

FromTheSide 10-13-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue (Post 15819597)
I really really REALLY hope youre kidding with the Jed Ortmeyer thing.

is this :sarcasm: invisible or something?

Vitto79 10-13-2008 05:58 PM

it's simple, deal Prucha and the 1.6 off the books............AND I like Prucha.......it's just silly to keep him when he can't get in the lineup

dealing Dawes is just stupid as the kid will be just fine............and Rissmiller will not be moved since he was a FA and Sather would like like a dummy

So Prucha for a 7th Dman(cheap) and pick.................done

Vitto79 10-13-2008 06:12 PM

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...4&blogger_id=1

I am sure the attached is likely BS but E4 Prucha to LA,haha//////////////bottom of page