HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Habs fans in Vancouver? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=561473)

Max et Guillaume 10-13-2008 06:44 PM

Habs fans in Vancouver?

Pardon my ignorance, I have just joined the forum, used the search tool and didn't find anything relevant to my question...

So, I recently moved to Vancouver and I was wondering, where do Habs fans (either local, from Quebec, French, English, doesn't matter) hang out? Where do you guys go to watch the game when it's on TSN or CBC? Last year during the playoffs, I went at Shark's, downtown, a few times, there were always 10-12 people with habs jerseys on...

I live near UBC so.. anyways in Vancouver would be good!

Anyways, let me know!

Riggins 10-13-2008 07:01 PM

At home.

Guillemin 10-13-2008 07:05 PM

I'm a student at UBC. Watch games on campus all the time.

VancouverStingray 10-14-2008 03:42 AM

Hab fan in Vancouver

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillemin (Post 15831135)
I'm a student at UBC. Watch games on campus all the time.

Yep I watch games sometimes out at UBC too. Mostly though I just like to watch em at home since RDS shows em all. The Pit is cheap, but it's even cheaper to sit at home with beer and a homemade burger!

McTusk 10-14-2008 10:34 AM

I got Hi-Def if you want to drive out to Chilliwack.

Habs 10-14-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by preston (Post 15841584)
I got Hi-Def if you want to drive out to Chilliwack.

At least tell him to bring a nose-plug and gumboots if he wants to meet you.

guest1467 10-14-2008 11:13 AM

Being a habs fan in Vancouver blows.

bipolarhabfan 10-14-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 (Post 15842029)

Could not have said it better myself.

As for where I usually watch games, at home. It would be cool if a bunch of us get together to watch a game or actually buy a block of tickets, since they do not exist, for the 15th.

Hackett 10-14-2008 11:47 AM

I usually watch the games at home. People really dont like being near me when the habs play as I spazz out at them if they keep talking about stuff not related to the game. I have a select list of of people that I would watch the games with.

I'm moving soon to a new house where I'll be watching the games on a 106 inch screen in glorious HD. So I cant really think of a better place to watch the game other than the comfort of my own home. :)

lxzred 10-14-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Probably not as much as being a Van fan in Vancover ;)

SerialSeb 10-14-2008 01:36 PM

Well When I lived there. THere was a bar called the Zizannie I think near the French Cultural centre. It was a place for Quebecois to hang out it may still be open.

Also there's a bar in Maillardville (Coquitlam) That's a great place to watch the Habs

Most sports bar will show the habs since they play 3 hours ahead usually. So just call a few. Make sure they have RDS HD.

Westcoasthabsfan 10-14-2008 08:13 PM

I am from Vancouver Island and I watch them at home....but I am estatic that the Habs are playing out here this year....

McTusk 10-14-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

With the Canucks having all those PPV games and Canada's bilingual laws, it is actually so much cheaper to be a Habs fan in Vancouver then a Canucks fan in Vancouver, at the very most RDS will cost you an extra 2.95 a month with your cable, while one Canucks PPV game is like 13 bux now. So, it could be worse.

guest1467 10-14-2008 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by preston (Post 15849628)
With the Canucks having all those PPV games and Canada's bilingual laws, it is actually so much cheaper to be a Habs fan in Vancouver then a Canucks fan in Vancouver, at the very most RDS will cost you an extra 2.95 a month with your cable, while one Canucks PPV game is like 13 bux now. So, it could be worse.

Yeah, it is ridiculous. My RDS costs me $1.99 a month, then I just cancel it in the offseason. It costs me less to get all 82 habs games than a Canucks fan to watch one PPV game.

Max et Guillaume 10-14-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 (Post 15850298)
Yeah, it is ridiculous. My RDS costs me $1.99 a month, then I just cancel it in the offseason. It costs me less to get all 82 habs games than a Canucks fan to watch one PPV game.

Yeah I really, really don't get that PPV thing the Canucks have... it's cheaper to buy Center Ice than all individual Canucks games...

Anyways, we should create a facebook group or something (maybe it already exists??) and plan to go watch games at bars from time to time... just an idea!

guest1467 10-14-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Road for the 25th (Post 15852723)
Yeah I really, really don't get that PPV thing the Canucks have... it's cheaper to buy Center Ice than all individual Canucks games...

Anyways, we should create a facebook group or something (maybe it already exists??) and plan to go watch games at bars from time to time... just an idea!

You can't watch local games on Center Ice. It is simply cornering the market. PPV purchases the rights to a 1/7 of the games, and then inflates the price to make excess profits.

YOUTH OF HABS 10-14-2008 11:55 PM

marty are you still around ??

Max et Guillaume 10-15-2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 (Post 15853608)
You can't watch local games on Center Ice. It is simply cornering the market. PPV purchases the rights to a 1/7 of the games, and then inflates the price to make excess profits.

What?!?! How can this be legal? incredible... yup very happy with my RDS, except Shaw ain't showing HD.. emailed them last week, they said they were currently evaluating the market... so if anyone has Shaw be sure to let 'em know you'd love to see HD...

Adam91 10-15-2008 01:35 AM

RDS at home for me.

But I simply can't wait till Feb 15.!!!!!!

First time seeing Kovalev live!!!!!!!!!

Watsatheo 10-15-2008 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackett (Post 15842446)
I usually watch the games at home. People really dont like being near me when the habs play as I spazz out at them if they keep talking about stuff not related to the game. I have a select list of of people that I would watch the games with.

I'm moving soon to a new house where I'll be watching the games on a 106 inch screen in glorious HD. So I cant really think of a better place to watch the game other than the comfort of my own home. :)

Holy mother of Price...

guest1467 10-15-2008 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam91 (Post 15855483)
RDS at home for me.

But I simply can't wait till Feb 15.!!!!!!

First time seeing Kovalev live!!!!!!!!!

Did you get tickets?

bipolarhabfan 10-15-2008 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 (Post 15850298)

Its 2.49 for me. But from September to June (yes we are going to play into June next year), its a mere 22 bucks. Two PPV games for the Canucks will indeed set you back more than that.

Watsatheo 10-15-2008 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan (Post 15855869)
Its 2.49 for me. But from September to June (yes we are going to play into June next year), its a mere 22 bucks. Two PPV games for the Canucks will indeed set you back more than that.

That's how much it costs for me as well, although I don't live in Vancouver, I assume you have Rogers?

Sumoki Dachiba 10-15-2008 03:33 AM

Another UBC student here. I usually watch the games online on my computer if I am at class or working in my lab but if I have some free time I will catch the game at the Pit. Sometimes I will watch at home if its on TSN or go to a bar in Kits with my roommate the Leafs fan. He is usually pretty reluctant but I think I am slowly moving him over from the darkside.

VancouverStingray 10-15-2008 04:13 AM

Another lab rat?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumoki Dachiba (Post 15856091)
Another UBC student here. I usually watch the games online on my computer if I am at class or working in my lab but if I have some free time I will catch the game at the Pit. Sometimes I will watch at home if its on TSN or go to a bar in Kits with my roommate the Leafs fan. He is usually pretty reluctant but I think I am slowly moving him over from the darkside.

I'm usually stuck out late in the lab too, but I've got a Shaw PVR so I can just catch up when I get home and usually finish the game live. Too bad you have a leafs fan as a roomate...at least you most likely won't have to deal with any leaf wins against the habs this year!