HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The last time the Rangers were 5-0... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=561602)

EventHorizon 10-13-2008 11:25 PM

The last time the Rangers were 5-0...
 
Cost of a new home: $89,800.00
Median Household Income: $20,885.00
Cost of a first-class stamp: $0.20
Cost of a gallon of regular gas: $1.24
Cost of a dozen eggs: $0.86
Cost of a gallon of Milk: $2.24




It's been awhile.

lucky13 10-13-2008 11:31 PM

and i had just turned 5 yrs old .....:laugh:

MiniRide 10-13-2008 11:32 PM

lol.. And the year I was born..

EventHorizon 10-13-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky13 (Post 15838777)
and i had just turned 5 yrs old .....:laugh:

And I was 2 months away from turning 5. :)

Al Bundy* 10-13-2008 11:35 PM

What was the year?

lucky13 10-13-2008 11:39 PM

83-84

FromTheSide 10-13-2008 11:41 PM

Maybe nhlnetwork is on to something here.

is this the year?

6-1 OTL . :laugh:

danno2530 10-14-2008 12:35 AM

Wow, lol. It's been a year or two ;)

Sockosensei 10-14-2008 01:04 AM

I guess our record without Avery in the lineup is steadily improving;)

KSUpilot 10-14-2008 01:20 AM

My parents hadn't even gotten married yet

ArtieAnisimov 10-14-2008 02:37 AM

Pluto was a planet

NYPhoenix 10-14-2008 04:05 AM

My parents just got married and I didn't exist for another 4 years (born in '88)

Chimp 10-14-2008 04:20 AM

1983...

Björn Borg retired from Tennis.
The space shuttle Challenger makes its first space journey.
Nintendo 8 bit system starts selling in Japan.
Star Wars - Return of the Jedi is shown on cinemas.
McDonald's releases the McNugget.

1984...
Apple's Macintosh goes for sale.
The drug crack is introduced on the streets of Los Angeles.
Famine in Ethiophia kills a million people.
Ronald Reagan wins the election.
The last execution in Turkey takes place.
Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi is assassinated by two of her 2 Sikh security guards. Riots errupt on the streets in New Delhi and about 2,700 Sikhs are killed.

ghirshorn 10-14-2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimp (Post 15840277)
1983...

Björn Borg retired from Tennis.
The space shuttle Challenger makes its first space journey.
Nintendo 8 bit system starts selling in Japan.
Star Wars - Return of the Jedi is shown on cinemas.
McDonald's releases the McNugget.

1984...
Apple's Macintosh goes for sale.
The drug crack is introduced on the streets of Los Angeles.
Famine in Ethiophia kills a million people.
Ronald Reagan wins the election.
The last execution in Turkey takes place.
Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi is assassinated by two of her 2 Sikh security guards. Riots errupt on the streets in New Delhi and about 2,700 Sikhs are killed.

I love how there is a year for that

Celestial Black 10-14-2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghirshorn (Post 15841005)
I love how there is a year for that

I laughed because I thought the same thing haha.

WhipNash27 10-14-2008 08:55 AM

Ah the good ol'days... before I was born :). October 1983, I was -1.2 yrs old ;).

NYR89 10-14-2008 09:09 AM

hmm...i was about -6 years old....(born in '89)

Fletch 10-14-2008 09:27 AM

I hated that year...
 
the music started to get bad, although I believe I saw Rush prior to the season beginning at Radio City - my first Rush concert (was 14 and my parents took me for my birthday - which was the Friday after the Thursday show). It's weird when your mom starts smelling the air and says she smells something sweet and your dad and sister sleep through half the show and mom then sings the one song she knows. Yes, it was a traumatic year.

Funny thing about gas - I remember around $0.75 a few years later (1986 - in April). Boy would that be nice.

WhipNash27 10-14-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch (Post 15841501)
Funny thing about gas - I remember around $0.75 a few years later (1986 - in April). Boy would that be nice.

LOL, 1.24 would be nice too.

Sad London Ranger 10-14-2008 09:30 AM

Rangers were the Smurfs

WhipNash27 10-14-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch (Post 15841501)
the music started to get bad, although I believe I saw Rush prior to the season beginning at Radio City - my first Rush concert (was 14 and my parents took me for my birthday - which was the Friday after the Thursday show). It's weird when your mom starts smelling the air and says she smells something sweet and your dad and sister sleep through half the show and mom then sings the one song she knows. Yes, it was a traumatic year.

Wasn't all that bad, Metallica released Kill Em All that year ;)

GregNYR19 10-14-2008 09:34 AM

i wasnt even alive yet...born in '87

rangerfan2 10-14-2008 09:35 AM

We could use a sniper like Pierre LaRouche on this squad! That guy was a pure goal scorer.

Maineice11 10-14-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragshockey88 (Post 15841580)
i wasnt even alive yet...born in '87

haha yup same here! was just about to post that

Fletch 10-14-2008 09:43 AM

that is correct, Pru...
 
and you can go to a place like City Gardens in Trenton to see Metallica and Raven, and then everyone started to listen to them to spoil it for guys like me.

I guess the next question is when was the last time the Rangers went 6-0?

Can't say enough about the start. I do hope the 'top' lines find themselves before other teams figure it out, as well as before they get better.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.