HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Where will they end up? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=56174)

Ajacied 02-27-2004 03:48 AM

Where will they end up?

With so many players rumoured to go everywhere these days, maybe a prediction of destinations will be suited:

Regards the following (my picks are in bold):

- Sergei Gonchar (Toronto)
- Brendan Witt (Los Angeles)
- Olaf Kolzig (Colorado)
- Robert Lang (stays)
- Jeff O'Neill (stays)
- Sean Hill (Tampa Bay)
- Brett Hedican (stays)
- Miroslav Satan (stays)
- Alexei Kovalev (San Jose)
- Brian Leetch (stays)
- Martin Rucinsky (Calgary)
- Alexei Morozov (stays)
- Chris Gratton (stays)
- Andrew Brunette (Vancouver)
- Brad Bombardir (Vancouver)
- Geoff Sanderson (Dallas)
- Scott Lachance (Nashville)
- Lyle Odelein (Dallas)

Be free to expand the list...

Damien 02-27-2004 04:31 AM

As a Flames fan I would actually be really interested in Martin Rucinsky. Cheap (1/4 of his salary or so), decent defense, can score and had a great playoff last year for the Blues... I wouldnt know what to offer for him thought since I suck at trade proposals... maybe Mike Commodore and a 5th?

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-27-2004 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien
As a Flames fan I would actually be really interested in Martin Rucinsky. Cheap (1/4 of his salary or so), decent defense, can score and had a great playoff last year for the Blues... I wouldnt know what to offer for him thought since I suck at trade proposals... maybe Mike Commodore and a 5th?

Done.

GKJ 02-27-2004 09:06 AM

Brunette won't get traded, but Lang will

pappa jan 02-27-2004 09:12 AM

I agree that Sergei Gonchar is going to be traded to Toronto, but Olaf Kölzig ain't going to Col. I guess Potvin will be landed i Denver and maybe McLennan will go to Boston. I could see Kölzig being traded to St. Louis. Vancouver will go out and acquire a dman such as scott lachance from cbj.

kyle 02-27-2004 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God
- Lyle Odelein (Dallas)

Dallas let Odelein walk at the end of last season. Why bother reaquiring him now?

thestonedkoala 02-27-2004 09:29 AM

Manny Fernandez (Toronto)
Brad Bombardir (Toronto)

Ajacied 02-27-2004 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle
Dallas let Odelein walk at the end of last season. Why bother reaquiring him now?

$$$.. First of, if we had kept him, our chances or re-signing Hatcher would have been even less. We also had some RFA's and could use any cent at the time. Also, by aquiring him now, we only have to pay like ¼ of his contract instead of his full paycheck. I think it makes sense.. Would be a heck of a lot cheaper option than aquiring Witt, and with the way Lyle has played, he isn't even that much worse either.

disles1 02-27-2004 10:18 AM

Jason Smith--NYI

Son of Steinbrenner 02-27-2004 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disles1
Jason Smith--NYI

:lol: for who?

disles1 02-27-2004 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
:lol: for who?

Maybe Parrish and #2 or Mapletoff and Martinek and a pick--we will see

Son of Steinbrenner 02-27-2004 10:46 AM

Quote:

Maybe Parrish and #2 or Mapletoff and Martinek and a pick--we will see

um ok where to start

parrish is coming off and injury and makes decent money but more than a team not making the playoffs wants to take on. mapletoff is a suck prospect and martinek is out for the season.

time to go back to the drawing board

kyle 02-27-2004 10:49 AM

Quote:

$$$.. First of, if we had kept him, our chances or re-signing Hatcher would have been even less. We also had some RFA's and could use any cent at the time.

Fair enough. But Hatcher signed with the Wings in like August. Odelein didn't sign a contract until September. It just doesn't seem like the Stars have any interest in him otherwise they'd have kept him around all year.

munkeyman70 02-27-2004 10:51 AM

Quote:

With so many players rumoured to go everywhere these days, maybe a prediction of destinations will be suited:

Regards the following (my picks are in bold):

- Sergei Gonchar (Toronto)
- Brendan Witt (Los Angeles)
- Olaf Kolzig (Colorado)
- Robert Lang (stays)
- Jeff O'Neill (stays)
- Sean Hill (Tampa Bay)
- Brett Hedican (stays)
- Miroslav Satan (stays)
- Alexei Kovalev (San Jose)
- Brian Leetch (stays)
- Martin Rucinsky (Calgary)
- Alexei Morozov (stays)
- Chris Gratton (stays)
- Andrew Brunette (Vancouver)
- Brad Bombardir (Vancouver)
- Geoff Sanderson (Dallas)
- Scott Lachance (Nashville)
- Lyle Odelein (Dallas)

Be free to expand the list...

Can ya tell me why you think Dallas with re-aquire Lyle Odelein? The got robbed by Chicago for him last year, and he was the most failed bit ever.

Spiffy 02-27-2004 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien

In some ways he reminds me of Martin Gelinas who is already on the flames, he would be a welcome addition I think.

disles1 02-27-2004 10:58 AM

Quote:

um ok where to start

parrish is coming off and injury and makes decent money but more than a team not making the playoffs wants to take on. mapletoff is a suck prospect and martinek is out for the season.

time to go back to the drawing board

Um Mapletoff is a very good prospect and Martinek is not out for the season--out a few weeks. Edm is looking for centers and dmen--maybe Papineau?? The only prospects who suck are your NYR because you have none. Maybe you should go back to the drawing board a come up with a way to pay more money (how about 100 mil) and miss the playoffs again next year for the EIGHTH time!! :joker:

Son of Steinbrenner 02-27-2004 11:09 AM

Quote:

Um Mapletoff is a very good prospect and Martinek is not out for the season--out a few weeks. Edm is looking for centers and dmen--maybe Papineau?? The only prospects who suck are your NYR because you have none. Maybe you should go back to the drawing board a come up with a way to pay more money (how about 100 mil) and miss the playoffs again next year for the EIGHTH time!! :joker:

um i'm not in charge of the rangers. but i can tell you they do have some talent on the farm perhaps you should worry about your own team. maybe next season the isles can beat the rangers :)

mapletoft sucks yes my little friend martinek is out for the remainder of the season :(

but i'm wrong because the isles are cup contenders every year. i know i would brag if my team were in the 8th spot.

disles1 02-27-2004 11:25 AM

Quote:

um i'm not in charge of the rangers. but i can tell you they do have some talent on the farm perhaps you should worry about your own team. maybe next season the isles can beat the rangers :)

mapletoft sucks yes my little friend martinek is out for the remainder of the season :(

but i'm wrong because the isles are cup contenders every year. i know i would brag if my team were in the 8th spot.

Who's bragging?? But if we had a 80 million $$ payroll we would be alot closer to the cup than we are now. Just look at HF's organisational rankings to see how good you guys are with prospects--next to LAST. We are much better at 25th ;)
I just hope Glen Sather doesn't get fired and keeps you guys going in the right direction :yo: Good luck next year---