HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   ESPN's Canadiens Centennial Section (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=562194)

Tricolore#20 10-15-2008 04:29 PM

ESPN's Canadiens Centennial Section

Pretty nice job by ESPN to give the Canadiens their due. Check out their site:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/canadiens/

GoldenForum 10-15-2008 04:31 PM

Massive Habs Spread on Espn.com

didn't see anything posted-- just wanted to alert the faithful.

Go Habs Go

Fido22 10-15-2008 04:33 PM

Wow. ESPN front page plus special section. Nice.

Galchenyuk x 27 10-15-2008 04:34 PM

wow, that is awesome

a big postive from ESPN :clap:

Jerk Store 10-15-2008 05:05 PM

The first, second, third and fourth jersey under the "The Jerseys" headline should all be used this season.

If you look closely, they all have the new NHL logo as per the new EDGE jerseys right on the point of the collar. I thought they would only use the 3rd and 4th one...

Innaresting.

GoldenForum 10-15-2008 05:57 PM

In the special "50 Players to Remember" listing in the Habs special section, ESPN forgot to include Guy Lafleur!! I just shot them an email to make the correction.

Redux91 11-05-2008 08:03 PM

Anyone notice this at ESPN.com / NHl section?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/canadiens/index

theres like, u click nhl and then theres "scores, teams, stats , habs : 100"

like wha..i click on it and it sent me there, never noticed it before but even espn has a whole section on the habs 100th year lol nice

Thrash 11-05-2008 08:05 PM

I noticed it a while ago, maybe 2 months? I was surprised by it but I did think it was cool DESPITE my feelings towards the Habs.

speed11 11-05-2008 08:06 PM

yeh, they've had it up for a while, i was surprised too that espn even acknowledged the anniversary...

anarmandaleb 11-05-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed11 (Post 16183984)
yeh, they've had it up for a while, i was surprised too that espn even acknowledged the anniversary...

ESPN has a hockey page?

Pedro McGuire* 11-05-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed11 (Post 16183984)

The really outdid themselves actually.

Le Tricolore 11-05-2008 08:33 PM

It's nicer than anything on RDS.ca, heh...

Gros Bill 11-06-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenForum (Post 15863976)
In the special "50 Players to Remember" listing in the Habs special section, ESPN forgot to include Guy Lafleur!! I just shot them an email to make the correction.

Also forgot Serge Savard. Nice. But of course, they remembered the illustrious Glen Harmon...

mcphee 11-06-2008 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bill (Post 16188439)
Also forgot Serge Savard. Nice. But of course, they remembered the illustrious Glen Harmon...

I remember going to Old Timer's games as a kid, I wanted so badly to see the Rocket play, and Glen Harmon was on the team. I think he was about the oldest guy there. It seemed that way anyways.

MY Dad had spoken so much about the Rocket, I had a sense of how he'd play, but of course at about 45, in an exhibition, you didn't see much. I remember wondering who in hell Glen Harmon was though.

I'm sure he was an excellent player, but I was about 11 and what the hell did I know.

Bill, as near as I can tell, this is some Hockey News guy, having his book plugged. I don't know if he just selected random guys, or the ones that returned [or freinds and family] his phone calls. It doesn't seem like a top 50 list. You know my undying love for Terry Harper and Teddie Harris, but I'm not about to argue their merits agaisnt Serge Savard.

walsy37 11-06-2008 01:08 PM

ESPN does a very poor job on the NHL. Even this is full of mistakes and inaccuracies (I am not talking about Brian Skrudland as part of the 50 players to remember and not Lafleur - but real errors). In the moments from each decade section "Captain Kirk Muller netted the winner" or the illegal stick game in away jerseys. That being said it is nice of ESPN to give the Habs some love. I just wish they would treat hockey as a real sport.

Redux91 11-06-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anarmandaleb (Post 16184027)
ESPN has a hockey page?

lol...its in the back..

SeNaToR PhIL 11-06-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anarmandaleb (Post 16184027)
ESPN has a hockey page?

Seriously, they quality stuff kthx

Lone Rogue 11-06-2008 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walsy37 (Post 16191551)
ESPN does a very poor job on the NHL. Even this is full of mistakes and inaccuracies (I am not talking about Brian Skrudland as part of the 50 players to remember and not Lafleur - but real errors). In the moments from each decade section "Captain Kirk Muller netted the winner" or the illegal stick game in away jerseys. That being said it is nice of ESPN to give the Habs some love. I just wish they would treat hockey as a real sport.

They would, if Gary Bettman never dicked them around.

Beakermania* 11-06-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Rogue (Post 16194280)
They would, if Gary Bettman never dicked them around.

Versus offered way more money than ESPN was prepared to offer. ESPN was offering basically nothing... they would give the NHL a cut of their ad revenues during the hockey games but no guaranteed revenue.

Was it a smart move... no probably not cause ESPN has now used Sportscenter and their website to ignore the NHL and treat them like a 3rd tier sport.... but IMO its ESPN dicking around the NHL trying to get the programming for free, the problem is the NHL doesn't have the ability to tell them to go **** themselves... even if they tried to with the versus deal