HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Carcillo out saturday (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=562851)

Iwishihadacup 10-17-2008 12:27 PM

Carcillo out saturday

Well... I just read that Daniel Carcillo wont be in the yotes lineup due to a suspension... So will Laraque be in uniform?

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=252885&l...=headlines_nhl

Treal 10-17-2008 12:30 PM

They also have Brian McGrattan and Todd Fedoruk :naughty:

Iwishihadacup 10-17-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treal (Post 15892301)
They also have Brian McGrattan and Todd Fedoruk :naughty:

lol... case closed then :naughty:

Scotianhab 10-17-2008 12:31 PM

There goes my hope of watching a Carcillo-Laraque fight Saturday. I forgot about Fedoruk & McGratton being with the Coyotes. Laraque may still get to have fun after all.

Fire Brunet* 10-17-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotianhab (Post 15892331)
There goes my hope of watching a Carcillo-Laraque fight Saturday.

Do you really think 5'11" Carcillo would fight Laraque? The guy fought Ivanans last year and got beaten up... Carcillo said it himself that he never fights heavyweights... If anything, McGrattan would fight Laraque

les3couleurs 10-17-2008 12:35 PM

McGrattan hasn't played yet and Fedoruk isn't much of a fighter anymore after having been demolished twice already.

I'd sit Laraque.

JMMR 10-17-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek (Post 15892356)
Do you really think 5'11" Carcillo would fight Laraque? The guy fought Ivanans last year and got beaten up... Carcillo said it himself that he never fights heavyweights... If anything, McGrattan would fight Laraque

It is a plus him not being in the line up that is for sure. I think he would fight Laraque if they had a passionate shift against each other. But it will be good for our defense that he is out because although he is small he love to hit and he is pretty damn good at agitating.

Boulette Cannon 10-17-2008 12:39 PM

Laraque vs McGrattan should be fun to watch.

David_99 10-17-2008 12:49 PM

They are Laraque's former team after all. There could be some nice passionate play by Big Georges on Saturday if he plays.

Carbo N8 10-17-2008 12:59 PM

I expect Carbo to dress Georges no matter who's in the lineup for the Yotes so he can play himself into game shape.

Lord Horse 10-17-2008 01:04 PM

Laraque is a regular in this team, it doesn't matter if the opposition has no "policeman" in their lineup. It may come to pass in the playoffs that BGL sits in favour of speed, but I really doubt that will happen much in the regular season. He was brought in because the brass expects him to play hockey on top of fighting.

I expect his icetime will go up as he gets into better game shape and has more time to practice the system - missing camp was bad for him but he'll be on the ice no matter what.

Iwishihadacup 10-17-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwoar (Post 15892800)
Laraque is a regular in this team, it doesn't matter if the opposition has no "policeman" in their lineup. It may come to pass in the playoffs that BGL sits in favour of speed, but I really doubt that will happen much in the regular season. He was brought in because the brass expects him to play hockey on top of fighting.

I expect his icetime will go up as he gets into better game shape and has more time to practice the system - missing camp was bad for him but he'll be on the ice no matter what.

I'm sorry, but ive seen nothing good of BGL yesterday except from his fight

le_sean 10-17-2008 01:10 PM

That's too bad Carcillo is out. He tends to take stupid penalties and the Habs could have used the PP opportunities.

Hannibal 10-17-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treal (Post 15892301)
They also have Brian McGrattan, Todd Fedoruk and Winnick

Fixed

And stop to say that if they're no heavyweight in the lineup for the opposite team, that we should sit Laraque. Stop this thing. Every time, in the past seasons, do you remembers when Laraque was playing against us, he was making room for the others because he knew that no one would come at him.

So dress Laraque no matter which lineup is against us...!

Quiet Robert 10-17-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbo N8 (Post 15892732)
I expect Carbo to dress Georges no matter who's in the lineup for the Yotes so he can play himself into game shape.

I agree. Let's not forget Georges can actually play hockey and he hasn't had a preseason. Let him play to help him get back into game shape. If he doesn't have to worry about fighting and can focus on getting chemistry with his linemates/positioning/forechecking etc..., that makes it even better.

WeThreeKings 10-17-2008 01:22 PM

Laraque is still a force on the boards and better than Begin or Dandenault, keep him in.,

Fido22 10-17-2008 01:52 PM

I want to see Laraque beat up on Kyle Turris.

That would be funny.

Russeltown 10-17-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido22 (Post 15893510)
I want to see Laraque beat up on Kyle Turris.

That would be funny.

poor Turris :cry:

Imagine Laraque on Martin St. Louis... or on Grabovski...

Boulette Cannon 10-17-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 15892850)
I'm sorry, but ive seen nothing good of BGL yesterday except from his fight

It was his first game after having practicing one time with the team. Let him get his game back. That bein said, even his fight was horrible.

Dwight 10-17-2008 02:01 PM

We shouldn't be discussing whether or not to dress Laraque for other team's fighters.

Other teams should be discussing whether or not to dress their fighters for Laraque.

Just my opinion, but I'll have my Laraque T-Shirt on tomorrow night :)

Tray4Adams 10-17-2008 02:08 PM

Carcillo would never go Laraque. I'm sure Fedoruk/McGrattan will be up to the challenge though

cjbhab 10-17-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 15892257)
Well... I just read that Daniel Carcillo wont be in the yotes lineup due to a suspension... So will Laraque be in uniform?

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=252885&l...=headlines_nhl

We aren't dressing Laraque just to fight the other team's enforcer..

HamrlikTheStud* 10-17-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russeltown (Post 15893603)
poor Turris :cry:

Imagine Laraque on Martin St. Louis... or on Grabovski...

Man he would faint before even fighting against him...

JTWymanFan* 10-17-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwoar (Post 15892800)

+1 BGL is a regular. Carcillo against Laraque thats just plain not possible. Give the kid a break, before BGL does.

SeNaToR PhIL 10-17-2008 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotianhab (Post 15892331)
There goes my hope of watching a Carcillo-Laraque fight Saturday. I forgot about Fedoruk & McGratton being with the Coyotes. Laraque may still get to have fun after all.

Ya, Laraque would eat him alive.

Don't know much about Fedoruk. But McGratton is a tough guy, trust me. :yo: