HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   this kinda production is hard to believe.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=563238)

offdacrossbar 10-18-2008 01:14 PM

this kinda production is hard to believe....

from players like this. im still shocked were 6-1. if i saw these stats without knowing the record id say we were 1-6.

drury, dawes, korpedo, prucha, staal and naslund have for all players a grand TOTAL of................ 5 stinkin points. 5.

drury 7 games 1 assist -2
dawes 4 games 0 points -1
korpedo 7 games 0 points -1
prucha 3 games 0 points
staal 7 games 0 points
naslund 7 games 1 goal 3 assists -1

and this may be worse.

blair betts has more points than chris drury??

that so called first line of ours so far in 7 games has done this:

playing top line minutes with tons of pp time.

10 total points

3 goals

7 assists

combined -4

:help:

edit: fixed naslund stats

lbrowne 10-18-2008 01:21 PM

I'm not worried. It'll come around. We're winning, and they're making the goals they score stand up to be enough.

SupersonicMonkey* 10-18-2008 01:25 PM

7 games into the season.

Relax.

LyNX27 10-18-2008 01:30 PM

With players like Naslund, Gomez, Drury on the line up, they have to start coming at some point. Talent like that doesn't just shrivel up and not do anything. Something has to happen with players like that, it's just going to take time.

Synergy27 10-18-2008 01:36 PM

Yeah, I fail to see how this is anything but a positive. The team is winning games despite their top players slumping. That's what good teams do.

nyr2k2 10-18-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey (Post 15907752)
7 games into the season.

Relax.

QFT.

Celestial Black 10-18-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synergy27 (Post 15907890)
Yeah, I fail to see how this is anything but a positive. The team is winning games despite their top players slumping. That's what good teams do.

And it is what will keep us winning...scoring from several players not just 3.

1Knee1T 10-18-2008 03:32 PM

Korpedo played 6 games, not 7.

Sports Archaeologist 10-18-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offdacrossbar (Post 15907633)
from players like this. im still shocked were 6-1. if i saw these stats without knowing the record id say we were 1-6.

drury, dawes, korpedo, prucha, staal and naslund have for all players a grand TOTAL of................ 2 stinkin points. 2.

drury 7 games 1 assist -2
dawes 4 games 0 points -1
korpedo 7 games 0 points -1
prucha 3 games 0 points
staal 7 games 0 points
naslund 7 games 1 goal -1

and this may be worse.

blair betts has more points than chris drury??

that so called first line of ours so far in 7 games has done this:

10 total points

3 goals

7 assists

combined -4

:help:

Seems like you've just picked a convenient sample of players to make your point.

What does Staal not scoring have to do with anything? That's not Staal's game, at least not yet.

Look, I could make the opposite point if I picked, oh, say these players. Watch:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sports Archaeologist
This kinda production is hard to believe from players like this. its not suprising that were 6-1. if i saw these stats without knowing the record id say we were 7-0.

voros, dubinsky, zherdev, gomez, and girardi have for all players a grand TOTAL of................ 29 stinkin points. 29.

voros 7 games 7 points +2
dubinsky 7 games 7 points +2
gomez 7 games 5 points -1
zherdev 7 games 5 points +3
girardi 7 games 5 points +1

and this may be better.

blair betts has two points !!

that so called second line of ours so far in 7 games has done this:

19 total points

8 goals

11 assists

combined +7

YEAH!

In short, why should we be worried about the team based on your random sample of players? We have to look at the whole picture.

PS It's only seven games.

PPS Naslund has 1g 3a...you left that out of your analysis. So they have 5 points among your 'sample.'

Bleed Ranger Blue 10-18-2008 04:11 PM

This isnt hard to believe at all. I dont know how anybody could see this team as an offensive juggernaut heading into the season.

We are going to be involved in more low scoring 1 goal games than most teams in the league....and we are going to win the majority of them beind a top 3 goaltender and top 5 defense in this league.

Garv23 10-18-2008 04:20 PM

Good God man! We haven't even played 10 games yet! Their production will come.

Bottom line is we're winning. I could care less about stats.

beastly115 10-18-2008 04:34 PM

This is hilarious.

When we had the Straka - Nylander - Jagr line everyone *****ed about us being a one line team. Now we've got production from the bottom 3 lines and not much from the 1st line and people still *****.

Ridiculous. :help:

offdacrossbar 10-18-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sports Archaeologist (Post 15909528)
Seems like you've just picked a convenient sample of players to make your point.

What does Staal not scoring have to do with anything? That's not Staal's game, at least not yet.

Look, I could make the opposite point if I picked, oh, say these players. Watch:

In short, why should we be worried about the team based on your random sample of players? We have to look at the whole picture.
PS It's only seven games.

PPS Naslund has 1g 3a...you left that out of your analysis. So they have 5 points among your 'sample.'

fixed my naslund mistake.

my point is simply this, i know its early and this is a small sample, but these are players we NEED TO SCORE. naslund, drury and dawes are the 3 guys who we thought would be our snipers and we have a total of 1 goal from them so far.

im not panicking just making an observation about KEY forwards who yet to contribute on the scoreboard. and many nights these 3 are invisible.

to answer your question above, these arent just any players im highlighting- they are key offensive players who seem to have no game so far.

stats dont lie. even though its early, trends start somewhere. lets see how these numbers look after 20 games. im expecting them to be much better, if not, im not sure voros, dubi and zherdev can continue to carry this team.

offdacrossbar 10-18-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alphaqup (Post 15910114)
This is hilarious.

When we had the Straka - Nylander - Jagr line everyone *****ed about us being a one line team. Now we've got production from the bottom 3 lines and not much from the 1st line and people still *****.

Ridiculous. :help:

huh?

yeah right. um, line 3 has a total of 1 goal 1 assist. thats production? :amazed:

4th line 2 goals 2 assists total.

so far, were still a 1 line team. the second line is winning games for us.

Balej20* 10-18-2008 05:09 PM

I don't think there is any question the Rangers are only a one line team right now...and in the past 2 games, they have been a zero line team, getting no production anywhere.

I see the point the thread maker is trying to make. If you look at the production from our "top" players, you would think this team is 1-6 right now, not 6-1.