HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Yvon Pedneault/Greg Millen on CBC...your evaluation? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=563326)

keepcalmandbeninja 10-18-2008 06:39 PM

Yvon Pedneault/Greg Millen on CBC...your evaluation?

So far? What do you guys think?

Mike8 10-18-2008 06:43 PM

Millen isn't new. He's okay. Used to like him, now he's okay.

Pedneault's too far out of his element. I feel for him.

Jack Bourdain 10-18-2008 06:44 PM

I hate Pednault speaking English. I wish it could improve in like a week or so, but it's impossible.

I like the guy, just not the speed of his speaking (very slow).

JAVO16 10-18-2008 06:45 PM

Pednault still seems a little bit biased toward the habs but that's to be expected after all these years on RDS. His accent however is terrible and while I don't really care, some people might.

Pierre Dagenais 10-18-2008 06:48 PM

He doesn't seem to speak as much as on RDS

Fire Brunet* 10-18-2008 06:52 PM

I hate Yvon's french accent, but it's not his fault I guess.

He still has mini "ooohhh" orgasms every now and then

Nedved 10-18-2008 06:55 PM

i like millen

TheGoalJudge 10-18-2008 06:57 PM

I think they're both terrible.

Pascal 10-18-2008 07:00 PM

Let's just say I switched back to RDS rather quickly.

tdecheno 10-18-2008 07:05 PM

Gee, another thread about the ****ing commentators...Who ****ing cares? Be happy that you get to watch the games on TV....Rocky and Bullwinkle could be calling the games for all I care....JUST ENJOY IT, THIS TEAM IS SICK!!

Macbeth 10-18-2008 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sujoy (Post 15912184)
I hate Pednault speaking English. I wish it could improve in like a week or so, but it's impossible.

I like the guy, just not the speed of his speaking (very slow).

Pretty much what I thought.

Seemed a wee bit nervous before the game, almost slipping an "Úvidemment" in his comments.

Wouldn't be shocked to learn he's been phased out in a couple weeks.

Ape Clutch 10-18-2008 07:06 PM

I wanna kno who's idea was this?

p.s. the habs a poised for greatness... and cbc thinks that the freakin laffs and an american team needs to be played nationwide? what do we have to do to get some respect around here?

keepcalmandbeninja 10-18-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Gee, another thread about the ****ing commentators...Who ****ing cares? Be happy that you get to watch the games on TV....Rocky and Bullwinkle could be calling the games for all I care....JUST ENJOY IT, THIS TEAM IS SICK!!
My question and call for discussion is very valid and justified...

I am enjoying it...Enjoy the discussions...

Quote:

I wanna kno who's idea was this?
Which idea?

Ra 10-18-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdecheno (Post 15912631)

yeah I'm you, stop complaining!

Jack Bourdain 10-18-2008 07:54 PM

Everytime Pednault says something, Millen doesn't respond ****, like he didn't understand what Pednault just said... SAD.

MastaK 10-18-2008 08:03 PM

Pednault doesn't sound too good but I guess he'll get better with time. Now why did the CBC hired him? They probably wanted someone who came from Quebec (lots of quebecers listen to CBC)...We have competent people here so why not. Only thing is he has to get better in english.

Jack Bourdain 10-18-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MastaK (Post 15914590)
Pednault doesn't sound too good but I guess he'll get better with time. Now why did the CBC hired him? They probably wanted someone who came from Quebec (lots of quebecers listen to CBC)...We have competent people here so why not. Only thing is he has to get better in english.

They should've gotten Francois Gagnon, but he's taken now...

Fergy22 10-18-2008 08:08 PM

Two color commentators are too much for hockey. Baseball and football are slow enough games that two people can make opinions between pitches or plays.

There just isn't enough down time for that in hockey. First time I've heard Yvon speak english. I agree that he will soon be phased out.

AHF 10-18-2008 08:12 PM

I tawt it was very ard to listen to im...

Seriously though, his english is not up to par to be on CBC. Demers, who has been on Off The Record many times, speaks much better english.

Travis Moen 10-18-2008 08:14 PM

Pednault is literally useless and doesn't add anything to the show. He mumbles a sentence once in a while but that's all.

Ra 10-18-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AHF (Post 15914927)
I tawt it was very ard to listen to im...

Seriously though, his english is not up to par to be on CBC. Demers, who has been on Off The Record many times, speaks much better english.

Demers is an anglophone. This is why he's so bad in French btw... :teach: :p

beowulf 10-18-2008 08:31 PM

Wish I could be watching them but sucks as I am in Ottawa and get the Sens game...:help:

Namso 10-18-2008 08:32 PM

PEdneault is embarassing, but Cole is actually pretty good. He seems to have studied the habs this year.

Hab-a-maniac 10-18-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namso (Post 15915835)
PEdneault is embarassing, but Cole is actually pretty good. He seems to have studied the habs this year.

Now that he's #3 and not the Leaf man, he might sound respectable this year. But for those ripping CBC for not showing the Habs nationwide, get real. It was against Phoenix. In almost all cases, a Leaf game gets taken over that but unjustifiably so. This time, I think CBC had it right since Crosby=Golden Boy therefore his games get the focus over most other meetings Canadian teams have. If Toronto was visiting Atlanta however, there'd be an actual good argument to be made.

sampollock 10-18-2008 10:05 PM

not bad

of course cbc shows the figs on both hd cbc channels