HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   This is Freddys thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=563493)

I Am Chariot 10-19-2008 09:02 AM

This is Freddys thread

Of all the guys on the bubble Freddy has stepped up. He's been a standout in these last few games. Well done.

Sjo - Betts - Orr

in general continue to impress me.

boxcar 10-19-2008 09:20 AM

yeah, he is DO-ING it. Seems like Tom is big on him, Pk + shoot out. He is one of the bubble guys that is now OFF the bubble & permanent IMO. Shoe is the only real offensive threat on the 4th line w/Betts & Orr. Gotta love his speed & decent hands.

NYR Viper 10-19-2008 09:40 AM

yea, the guy fits this system to a "T"......tons of speed....forechecks hard and hits....kills penalties....to me, i would rather see a third line of sjostrom-drury-korpikoski but thats just me

Vitto79 10-19-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 15923319)
yea, the guy fits this system to a "T"......tons of speed....forechecks hard and hits....kills penalties....to me, i would rather see a third line of sjostrom-drury-korpikoski but thats just me

He is fast, defensively responsible and can score the odd goal.........I like how Renney has confidence in throwing that line out there at anytime

FutureGM97 10-19-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 15923319)

not just you...i would personally love him to get some offensive time as well but..baby steps...loving the SJO!

Celestial Black 10-19-2008 03:18 PM

He plays to keep a spot...glad he is in and love his work effort.

Loto68 10-19-2008 04:05 PM

As much as I think Sjo has some good offensive ability, right now he is helping make our Checking line dominant, why would you mess with that. Just because he can score some doesn't make that part of his game important, its icing on the cake. Look at Pandolfo, he gets decent points, but the fact that he is so good defensively means that the goals really don't matter (or wouldn't if his offensive minded teammates didn't suck).

NYR Viper 10-19-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureGM97 (Post 15923711)
not just you...i would personally love him to get some offensive time as well but..baby steps...loving the SJO!

i agree...as long as he stays in the lineup as, for me at least, he has been the bubble player who has shwon the most....there arent many players who could make that 4th line offensive and stay defensively responsible.....i mean the guy does get quite a few minutes as it is because of his pk time...

FromTheSide 10-19-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxcar (Post 15923206)
yeah, he is DO-ING it. Seems like Tom is big on him, Pk + shoot out. He is one of the bubble guys that is now OFF the bubble & permanent IMO. Shoe is the only real offensive threat on the 4th line w/Betts & Orr. Gotta love his speed & decent hands.

Betts has a decent shot, but his job is not to score its to not let the other team score.

i liked sjostrom as soon as he came over here and played vs the flyers @ MSG , ever since than i knew he'd "fit the sjo" yea i know corny :naughty:

ghirshorn 10-19-2008 05:57 PM

Was at the Toronto game last Friday and was upset to see him picked as the last shooter but was happy with the result.

offdacrossbar 10-19-2008 06:44 PM

gotta laugh.

at the end of camp many were saying sjo was the odd man out. many had him sent down. he hadnt done much in camp.

just goes to show what pure speed can do. the guy flat out flies. he has decent hands and a motor that doesnt stop. hes great on the pk too.

id keep him right where he is, his speed balances out orrs grit. the 4th line is doing well so far. lets keep it that way.

bravo freddie. :handclap:

Theoren Fan 10-20-2008 07:43 AM

Sjostrom sucks, sorry guys.

AverysGlasses 10-20-2008 08:48 AM

Freddy has been great in the early going and I'm glad to see it! I get goose bumps when I watch his shootout goal against Toronto, nice friggen move!:handclap::yo:

Bluenote13 10-20-2008 08:57 AM

He's been good, for a guy getting 11 or 12 minutes a game.

Shake and Bake 10-20-2008 08:59 AM

Sjo Betts Orr have been a solid fourth line. They won't score, but they do a solid job of keeping the puck in the opponents zone

I Am Chariot 10-20-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shake and Bake (Post 15935579)
Sjo Betts Orr have been a solid fourth line. They won't score, but they do a solid job of keeping the puck in the opponents zone

I disagree. I dont think they will challenge Heatly - Spezza - Alfie for dominant O-side contribution, but they already have 10x the mojo of the 4th line last year

I think Freedy gives the line more confidence that they are actually a threat

AK2794 10-20-2008 10:17 AM

Freddy has been very solid this year. His speed is a great asset on the fore check and on the PK. Nice SO player as a bonus as well. I remember his scoring on the same move on a semi breakaway against MAF last year.

Davisian 10-20-2008 10:25 AM

I'm personally hoping they keep the three headed monster for the top 3 centers, and Korpikoski replaces Betts in the middle of the 4th line..

I like Betts, he's a good role player and defensive forward/PK'er, but I think Korpikoski can do all that and with more offense.

Sjostrom-Korpikoski-Orr would be a better threat (as far as 4th lines go..)

But this is Freddy's thread, so I'll add that Freddy has done very well after a poor start to camp. He and Orr seem to be getting really good at reading eachother off the forecheck and the cycle..

Trxjw 10-20-2008 10:29 AM

Last year, everytime I saw the 4th line out there, I did one of these :facepalm: and could barely watch the game. So far this year, they've been pretty exciting to watch.

I Am Chariot 10-20-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian (Post 15936301)
I'm personally hoping they keep the three headed monster for the top 3 centers, and Korpikoski replaces Betts in the middle of the 4th line..

I like Betts, he's a good role player and defensive forward/PK'er, but I think Korpikoski can do all that and with more offense.

Sjostrom-Korpikoski-Orr would be a better threat (as far as 4th lines go..)

But this is Freddy's thread, so I'll add that Freddy has done very well after a poor start to camp. He and Orr seem to be getting really good at reading eachother off the forecheck and the cycle..

Where does Betts play? Betts has shown the spirit of the warrior many times for the Rangers. Korpi projected talents should have him on the 3rd up or in Hartford getting further BIG minutes of development.

LetsGoBlueshirts 10-20-2008 11:11 AM

Hey guys, new to the board here... Been reading for awhile and finally decided to join up... Great way to pass some time at work! Anyway, I love to see Sjo doing well, I really enjoy watching him fly around on the ice...

nyr2k2 10-20-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoBlueshirts (Post 15936801)
Hey guys, new to the board here... Been reading for awhile and finally decided to join up... Great way to pass some time at work! Anyway, I love to see Sjo doing well, I really enjoy watching him fly around on the ice...

Welcome.

Always liked Freddie. He's playing well.

ArtieAnisimov 10-20-2008 01:53 PM

I love Sjostrom's style of play. He kind of makes up for wasting a draft pick on Al Montoya and hey he's probably more valuable to the Rangers than Al. Then again Al was drafted when we thought we had "no goalie" in the system.

offdacrossbar 10-20-2008 02:00 PM

as long as we let him do what he does best. skate fast and play an aggressive forecheck game, hell continue to do well.

as soon as we try to promote him to a more skilled line, hell stop being useful and that will weaken out 4th line.

as of right now, he owns that spot on the 4th line and the occasional shoot out chance as well. :yo:

Carlos Ranger 10-31-2008 09:36 AM

Was gonna start another thread on the 4th line since they've been so good, but will just bump this one instead.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shake and Bake (Post 15935579)

I think they'll definitely chip in offensively. I'll predict about 25 points for Sjostrom, 15 for Betts, and the biggest surprise will be about 5 goals for Orr.