HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT : Suspensions (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=56373)

Cariboux 02-27-2004 03:43 PM

OT : Suspensions

I was looking at RDS website and they say that Martin Havlat has been suspended for 2 games and he will loose 36 585$.

I was thinking, how does it works when the player loose money like this. The sens give the money to the NHL or it's Havlat who have to sign a cheque or something else ?

What do the league with this money ? They keep it or give it to charity organizations ?

Thanks for the information

BLONG7 02-27-2004 03:45 PM

I think it goes inro a fund controlled by the league... :dunno: but what they do with that money... I'm not sure.

chicpea* 02-27-2004 04:00 PM

I think it goes to the NHLPA maybe. From there it is put into the pension fund for players. That doesn't quite make sense but that's what I recall.

Pax Macioretty 02-27-2004 04:17 PM

the money goes to retired players believe it or not.

Cariboux 02-28-2004 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcel the great!
the money goes to retired players believe it or not.

are you serious ?

chicpea* 02-28-2004 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cariboux
are you serious ?

Yes, as i mentioned, I think it goes to the pension fund of the NHLPA. If so, that's awesome, in my opinion. A lot of guys took a lot of lumps without a lot of pay in the past. This almost makes a virtue of going out and 2-handing someone across the back of the neck ;) . Seriously, it's a good thing. Where would you prefer the money go?

Habsolution 02-28-2004 01:13 AM

Ok I'm not sure at all but I don't think Havlat is fined for this. The fact he was suspended just means the sens don't have to pay him for those two games.

No ? :dunno:

chicpea* 02-28-2004 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolution
Ok I'm not sure at all but I don't think Havlat is fined for this. The fact he was suspended just means the sens don't have to pay him for those two games.

No ? :dunno:

I don't think any union would put up with a clause like that in a contract. Imagine you have a crooked or cash-strapped GM; then imagine that there was a coach whose job was hanging on the line. Then imagine the incentives for that coach to encourage linebrawls and overall dirty play, thus leading to suspension, thus leading to saved money for the gm/owner. Sounds far-fetched I know, but that's what CBAs and contracts are for: to take the uncertainty out of such underhanded and possible scenarios.

YEMELIN74 02-28-2004 05:34 AM

suspension

i hears a couple of time that when u have a suspension the money u loose cause to charity... and it help u pay less "impot"(not sure of the english word for impot)

Cariboux 02-28-2004 09:33 AM

charity should be the best options, to give to the community some money for all they do to hockey. Just look at the kids who are going the see the Habs once in a year and live the best day of their life. This should happen more often