HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rumor: Not Gaborik but another Wild.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=564048)

Whitesnake 10-20-2008 10:40 PM

Rumor: Not Gaborik but another Wild....

Seems, from Michel Villeneuve on Radio-Canada (I know it's only Villeneuve...) that 14 scouts were at the game tonight and again 2 scouts from the Wild. He said that after talking to somebody, we might forget about Gaborik and think that it could be another type of trade involving Benoit Pouliot, the guy that the Habs were really interested in in 2005 but went before our turn (thank god some people would say....).

Could it be the reason why Chipchura was inserted in the lineup tonight? I would be tempted to listen to since we are still looking for more depth at the center position though.....Pouliot has been transfered to the wing now. Could he go back to the center position? Should we be interested in him even though he would be a winger? Or is this guy looking more and more like Éric Chouinard?

SpreeEndaz 10-20-2008 10:46 PM

The Habs didn't lose one game yet in regular time and we're still trying to find the solution to an inexistant problem; what is wrong with our fan base ? Nevertheless, I don't blame you Whitesnake, thank you for the info !

redmachine54 10-20-2008 10:47 PM

Interesting to say the least; Pouliot's a really good player, and I'd love to see him with the Canadiens.

Though, I'd imagine Chipchura might've been inserted due to the number of injuries of our forwards. Some might say it could have been a guise (if you will), but there was no reason to play Bouillon at forward for half the game if one of the forwards was ready to go. Could've just scratched Brisebois and played Dandenault to ease Bouillon back into place.

Captain Saku 10-20-2008 10:52 PM

Chipchura was inserted due to the injuries, is it really hard???

Pouliot is a bust, don't want him!

Arctic_Hab_Fan 10-20-2008 10:54 PM

yep its too much common sense to gather :)

#2eddieshore 10-20-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz (Post 15947957)
The Habs didn't lose one game yet in regular time and we're still trying to find the solution to an inexistant problem; what is wrong with our fan base ? Nevertheless, I don't blame you Whitesnake, thank you for the info !

there is always room for improvement.

look at detroits team!

L'abstrait 10-20-2008 10:59 PM

They were scouting the Panthers. Now zip it!

Belso 10-20-2008 11:00 PM

Koivu!!!! :scared:

:sarcasm:

Ra 10-20-2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #2eddieshore (Post 15948053)
there is always room for improvement.

look at detroits team!

exactly, we are finally in perfect position to thread, we have enough assets to buy

Marc the Habs Fan 10-20-2008 11:02 PM

I was never a big Pouliot guy way back in '05 and he's done nothing to prove the hype was warranted, but if he can be had relatively cheap, I am all for it. He seems like a guy who could really use a change of scenery and the chance to play in a system where the team plays an offensive minded style.

Erika 10-20-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiascov (Post 15948029)
Chipchura was inserted due to the injuries, is it really hard???

Pouliot is a bust, don't want him!

The same can be said about Chipchura right now... they are the same age...

I'd rather take a chance with Benoit Pouliot though... :nod: At least, he has some offensive abilities and can be as good as Chipchura defensively...

One Vs One ?! I'd do it anyday.

:teach:

waffledave 10-20-2008 11:43 PM

Never understood the hype with Pouliot. I can't believe he went so early in that draft.

One Man Rock Band 10-20-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn (Post 15948154)

I'd rather take a chance with Benoit Pouliot though... :nod: At least, he has some offensive abilities and can be as good as Chipchura defensively...

Why not trade Sergei for Pouliot? Chipchura was better tonight..

ThePriceIsOnTheCup 10-20-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belso (Post 15948120)
Koivu!!!! :scared:

The lil bro? so next year we could have 3 bro lines :

The Kostitsyns bros line
The Koivus bros line
The Latendresses bros line

:yo:

Slick Nick 10-20-2008 11:51 PM

Has Villeneuve ever called a move before?

I don't remember...

le_sean 10-20-2008 11:53 PM

Quote:

Clearly you don't watch Pouliot play. He was the 4th overall pick in one of the best drafts ever and he's still struggling to find a job in the NHL. It would be pointless to get him with Pacioretty playing the same position.

And Chipchura was better than Sergei tonight, so thanks for coming out.

Mother Pucker 10-20-2008 11:53 PM

Quote:

I'd keep chipper...I'm starting to think there is more offensive potential in the kid than was expected. He created some nice opportunities tonight, as well as last year.

Mustafa* 10-20-2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 15948613)
Never understood the hype with Pouliot. I can't believe he went so early in that draft.

Well he was a project, 6"3 scoring 35g... but i never understood how a project would go so early in the draft. Still down the middle we will suck as soon as Saku is gone, so why not have him for cheap.

PS: Again, why would one answer Erika?

habfaninvictoria 10-21-2008 12:14 AM

Quote:

:badidea::tmi:

Rise from the Ashes 10-21-2008 01:33 AM

Pouilot has major skill. Cant translate it.

GNick42 10-21-2008 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustafa (Post 15948724)
Well he was a project, 6"3 scoring 35g... but i never understood how a project would go so early in the draft. Still down the middle we will suck as soon as Saku is gone, so why not have him for cheap.

PS: Again, why would one answer Erika?

Blake Wheeler

Judge Sauer* 10-21-2008 03:38 AM

Pouilot? How about Burns? :)

RC51 10-21-2008 05:09 AM

My God what if the habs are after Miko?????????????

ECWHSWI 10-21-2008 05:12 AM

Ok...

so to get the "needed" depth at center, we'll trade one of ours (Chipchura) for another...

how is it ADDING/GETTING any depth ? :help:

Vasculio 10-21-2008 05:30 AM

I don't care about Pouliot, go and grab Boogaard, our 4th line could be Boogaard - Lapierre - Laraque... offensively challenged, defensive liability... but damn this line would scare the **** out of everybody in the league ! :handclap: