HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   OT - Less Chanting? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=564065)

HuetIs39 10-21-2008 12:40 AM

OT - Less Chanting?

So tonight was my first game of the year and I seemed to notice that there was a lot less chanting. Is it because of the new jumbotron? Maybe it can't play the "Go...Habs... Go" etc? Or.. maybe it was because I was sititng in desjard section or maybe I'm going insane.. anyone got any ideas?

brownman* 10-21-2008 12:45 AM

Hard to get pumped up with the dirty ol' Panthers in town, I 'mage

ChemiseBleuHonnete 10-21-2008 12:47 AM

-not the best zone for chanting

-not the best game for chanting... games against the panthers are generally boring at the bell center.

Spectaculard 10-21-2008 12:52 AM

Yep. Boring game.

Although there was that part where the crowed was so loud no one heard the whistle on the offside.

Tricolore#20 10-21-2008 12:55 AM

Also, did you notice near the end of the game the DJ started up the "Ole Ole Ole" track. That usually gets everyone in the mood, and the fans continue it well after the song has ended. Tonight, the Ole just ended as soon as the puck dropped.

Even watching on TV, I just wasn't as into it tonight. The opposition isn't the most appealing, and while the game was in doubt until the last few seconds, I just felt confident. I guess it is just one of those 41 nights where there is a lull.

Ra 10-21-2008 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuetIs39 (Post 15948579)
So tonight was my first game of the year and I seemed to notice that there was a lot less chanting. Is it because of the new jumbotron? Maybe it can't play the "Go...Habs... Go" etc? Or.. maybe it was because I was sititng in desjard section or maybe I'm going insane.. anyone got any ideas?

And it still was better then the Home Oponer :amazed:

The major reason Montreal was eliminated from the playoffs was because they were drained emotionally. You could also feel this from a lot of fans "I don't care they lost, I was tired anyway..."

It's hard to have something better then a 5 goals comeback in regular season, especially when you're expecting nothing.

But this year watch out in the playoffs :) For that Kovalev too

HuetIs39 10-21-2008 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ra (Post 15948762)
And it still was better then the Home Oponer :amazed:

The major reason Montreal was eliminated from the playoffs was because they were drained emotionally. You could also feel this from a lot of fans "I don't care they lost, I was tired anyway..."

It's hard to have something better then a 5 goals comeback in regular season, especially when you're expecting nothing.

But this year watch out in the playoffs :) For that Kovalev too

Ya, I remember that game me and my friend had gotten that worst possible tickets EVER and then we were losing 0-5 and I told him if we won this game I'd give my soul to the devil...what do you know. Needless to say beggining of game = pissed / end of the game = AMAZED!

dre2112 10-21-2008 01:41 AM

I've noticed the crowd isn't as loud as it was last season

Spectaculard 10-21-2008 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CdHC (Post 15949148)
I've noticed the crowd isn't as loud as it was last season

Expectations are higher this year, so people aren't as excited over a win in the start of the year as they were last year.

Im sure once the playoffs arrive the atmosphere will be there again. Especially if we go deeper than the 2nd round for once, then it will be total mayhem.

Judge Sauer* 10-21-2008 04:41 AM

The inter-fan memo on the how to behave during a game thread worked?

la25ecoupe 10-21-2008 07:54 AM

Not only that but also:

Quote:

Des huées ont été entendues au début du troisième, les premières de la saison. Comme quoi aucun relâchement ne sera toléré de la part des partisans.
WTH?

Kebekoi 10-21-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuetIs39 (Post 15948919)
Ya, I remember that game me and my friend had gotten that worst possible tickets EVER and then we were losing 0-5 and I told him if we won this game I'd give my soul to the devil...what do you know. Needless to say beggining of game = pissed / end of the game = AMAZED!

I have a message for you :

"I'll take your soul later in the evening" - Big D

Pascal 10-21-2008 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrychair (Post 15949342)
Expectations are higher this year

Pretty much.. during the opener the loudest the crowd got was when Laraque fought, by far.

Arctic_Hab_Fan 10-21-2008 09:16 AM

That is why the NHL looked for ways to improve the game, Panthers gave you a glimpse into the Past...Boring hockey, it doesn't sell, doesn't excite.

Charley_5054 10-21-2008 09:24 AM

That was a boring game, the crowd didn't get into the game at all. It's my second year in a row that i see the panthers up here, and i regret it every time :help:

hototogisu 10-21-2008 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchise player (Post 15948646)
-not the best zone for chanting

-not the best game for chanting... games against the panthers are generally boring at the bell center.

Bang on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanylapep (Post 15950038)
Not only that but also:

WTH?

Yeah there were some boos when our powerplay came out looking like a bunch of retarded four-year olds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charley_5054 (Post 15950467)
That was a boring game, the crowd didn't get into the game at all. It's my second year in a row that i see the panthers up here, and i regret it every time :help:

Same here. First time I saw them we lost 1-0, and now this game...I swear I'm selling my tickets if I ever wind up with the Panthers in my 10-game pack again. Worse than the Devils.

I thought with a new coach, different-looking team, etc that the Panthers might play a differnt style...no luck.

Blades 0f Steel 10-21-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Sauer (Post 15949733)
The inter-fan memo on the how to behave during a game thread worked?

We are now a classy fan base. Did you notice any boo's?

Guy Germaine 10-21-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel (Post 15950681)

yup....booing Zednik a couple of times, couldn't believe it. And almost every time a hab fell down, the crowd's expecting a call.

Judge Sauer* 10-21-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel (Post 15950681)

I'd go as far as polite, not classy. We have another 76+ games to go before we can be called a classy fanbase.
Chin up, monocle in place and a nice cup of Chamomile all.

Could've been just me, but I don't recall hearing boos for Zednik...I don't think we have ever booed him.

Blades 0f Steel 10-21-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Sauer (Post 15951030)
I'd go as far as polite, not classy. We have another 76+ games to go before we can be called a classy fanbase.

Hear, hear!

LilWinger11 10-21-2008 10:49 AM

Quote:

Could've been just me, but I don't recall hearing boos for Zednik...I don't think we have ever booed him.

I was at a Habs/Capitals game in early 2007, and he was getting booed a bit... not nearly as much as Chara, Crosby, Ryder, etc. After his injury last year, I know I personally would have a hard time booing the guy.

AD 10-21-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kebekoi (Post 15950191)
I have a message for you :

"I'll take your soul later in the evening" - Big D

I KNEW IT!

Ana! Ana! Big D is Miroslav Satan!

Davebo 10-21-2008 11:01 AM

This is the 3rd time I've asked this, in various threads - are we using a goal song? I've yet to hear the damn thing, if we are using one. If we are tell them to turn up the volume, or get a song you can hear.

Has anyone else noticed how quiet it is? (relative to last season)

Blades 0f Steel 10-21-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Right. We're nowhere near as civilized as this crowd:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...8#post15950198

Perhaps librarians are the solution..

la25ecoupe 10-21-2008 11:12 AM

I think boo'ing our own team is retarded.

If we play bad, the crowd should try to encourage the team.. like they did for the Rangers 0-5. Imagine if they boo'ed the Habs instead of supporting them.. we would've lost 0-10.