HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Milan Lucic vs Guillaume Latendresse (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=564438)

Bouze 10-22-2008 01:41 AM

Milan Lucic vs Guillaume Latendresse

Habs vs Bruins :yo:

Mike8 10-22-2008 02:02 AM

Tough one.

Both players have terrific attitudes, looking to continually improve. I say Latendresse has more talent and offensive capabilities, while Lucic's a real force out there.

Both players I'd want on my team ... Too tough to call it. Maybe Lucic, though.

Celestial Black 10-22-2008 11:54 AM

I'd take Lucic.

ponder 10-22-2008 12:22 PM

Lucic for me. There are a lot of players in the league like Latendresse, but there aren't too many 6'4" fighting and hitting beasts who are productive offensively.

Side note: does anyone know if Lucic's back condition is gonna eventually effect his game, or is it the kind of condition that isn't gonna be a problem?

Blades 0f Steel 10-22-2008 12:23 PM

I'll take the guy that's likely to be a 30+ goal scorer.

Watsatheo 10-22-2008 12:31 PM

I'll go with the guy with more fights this season...oh wait. :sarcasm:

duckchobbins 10-22-2008 12:49 PM

why make a poll comparing apples to oranges? i suppose its better than your poll comparing a 1st line center with a 3rd:shakehead

Passchendaele 10-22-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel (Post 15967274)

It's like saying

"I'll take the guy who's playing for an original-six team"

MXD 10-22-2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passchendaele (Post 15970022)
It's like saying

"I'll take the guy who's playing for an original-six team"

Sorry, but Lucic is NOT likely to score 30... At least not yet. While Guillaume is. (okay, he's a bit older, but that's not the point).

I'd take Guillaume. First, because I don't think Lucic is the 2nd coming of Rick Tocchet (which means somebody good for 30-35 goals year in year out while being, actually, a better fighter than Lucic), and second reason is, well, both are support players, but Gui brings better support.

Part of my answer is conditionnal to how much Lucic grows up. If he becomes a 240-pound guy while keeping his decent speed and mean streak, that could become different, but I'm also afraid of his back.

But it's a bit like comparing Rick Tocchet and Tim Kerr...

FlyLife 10-22-2008 04:10 PM

I'll take Lucic

8BostonRocker24 10-22-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel (Post 15967274)

Who? Neither one has ever hit 30 points much less 30 goals!
IMO, Lucic has 30 goal potential, and this is an easy pick for everyone minus Homer-Hab Fans.

nmbr_24 10-22-2008 04:16 PM

I'd take Lucic, why can't I have both?:laugh:

TonyTinglebone 10-22-2008 04:46 PM

Lucic, no question. Brings a lot more complete game than Latendresse.

loadie 10-22-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 (Post 15970444)
IMO, Lucic has 30 goal potential, and this is an easy pick for everyone minus Homer-Hab Fans.

And your opinion would be that of a biased Bruins fan homer. If Lucic has 30 goal "Potential", Latendresse has 30 goal "Potential". It's not like the comparison is of a 20 yr old vs a 28 yr old. Both are young and both have potential. No one knows if they will reach that potential or not, not me the biased Hab fan, or you the biased Bruins fan. BTW, I didn't vote, I don't want to sway the poll, how about you?

TimeZone 10-22-2008 05:54 PM

Lucic

Plato 10-22-2008 05:55 PM

Lucic quite easily for me.

8BostonRocker24 10-22-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loadie (Post 15971337)
I don't want to sway the poll, how about you?

I voted for Lucic because this one is a slam dunk... When people on the Habs board were asking the question "Why can't Latendresse play like Lucic?" during last years playoffs, I think the choice should be pretty easy.

loadie 10-22-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 (Post 15972579)
I voted for Lucic because this one is a slam dunk... When people on the Habs board were asking the question "Why can't Latendresse play like Lucic?" during last years playoffs, I think the choice should be pretty easy.

A slam dunk? You're basing your vote on what people on HF were saying about the two players in last years playoffs? It was both players first year in the playoffs, one played 8 games, the other 7 games. That's a pretty small sample size to base an opinion on don't you think? And to call it a slam dunk? Time will tell I guess.

Fire Brunet* 10-22-2008 08:46 PM

HFboards thread detector
[]Ovechkin vs. Crosby
[]Ovechkin
[]Crosby
[]The daily Avery thread
[]Leafs and blockbuster trade proposals
[X]Lucic/Komisarek
[X]X player is awesome
[]X player is the next Y
[]X player sucks
[]Fire X coach
[]Create X team
[]Your favorite player thread
[]Leafs/Habs bashing thread
[X]Rival teams polls
[X]X player>Y player
[X]Bruins are a tough team
[]Eklund
[]Eklund sucks
[]Franchise player to crappy team trade proposals
[]Eastern conference vs. Western conference
[]Gary Bettman

Voted for Latendresse

Next Best Thing* 10-22-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 (Post 15972579)

Lucic was HF flavor of the year, while Latendresse was still in limbo-land for the Canadiens. Look what Tender can do now on a real line (not that he ever didn't produce when cast in an offensive role). Latendresse will score more goals while being very physical, Lucic will be a biatch to play against while not being an offensive liability (Neil type with bit more potential).

OneSharpMarble 10-22-2008 08:58 PM

I am a habs fan and I take Lucic easily over Lats. No one in the league is as over-rated as Latendresse. The guy is a marshmellow who absorbs assists and great setup chances from Koivu. In his spare time(during games) he enjoys floating around on the ice pondering the meaning of life and hamburgers.

Psycho Papa Joe 10-22-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 (Post 15970444)

Over his entire junior career, he scored 48 goals in 3 seasons. He had 8 last year. Where exactly did this 30 goal potential come from? The guy is a good player and does alot of things well, but IMO he's never going to be a 30 goal scorer. For all the things he does well, if I was a Bruins fan, I'd be happy with a 15-20 goal scorer.

Offensively, Latendresse is more talented and has more potential. He'll never be the physical or defensive player Lucic shoud develop into, but hopefully he does add more of an edge to his game. He has good size and has his moments, but I'd like to see more consistency in that respect. He's only 21, so he has time on his side.

Beakermania* 10-22-2008 09:15 PM

If were looking to pure offensive stats in the future its easily Latendresse.... He's already a 2 x 16 goal scorer; and i think Lucic's max goal potential is in the 20 goal range.

All around game though makes this closer....

I still went Lats but by a hair due to the fact i think he'll bring you more in the offensive dept.

loadie 10-22-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe (Post 15975350)
Over his entire junior career, he scored 48 goals in 3 seasons. He had 8 last year. Where exactly did this 30 goal potential come from? The guy is a good player and does alot of things well, but IMO he's never going to be a 30 goal scorer. For all the things he does well, if I was a Bruins fan, I'd be happy with a 15-20 goal scorer.

Offensively, Latendresse is more talented and has more potential. He'll never be the physical or defensive player Lucic shoud develop into, but hopefully he does add more of an edge to his game. He has good size and has his moments, but I'd like to see more consistency in that respect. He's only 21, so he has time on his side.

I think so too.

nmbr_24 10-22-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 15975438)
If were looking to pure offensive stats in the future its easily Latendresse.... He's already a 2 x 16 goal scorer; and i think Lucic's max goal potential is in the 20 goal range.

All around game though makes this closer....

I still went Lats but by a hair due to the fact i think he'll bring you more in the offensive dept.

I will be very happy if Lucic can be a 20 goal scorer. I do think he is better offensively than some people give him credit for. But I don't see how these 2 guys are really comparable, Latendresse is going to be counted on to be a scorer, Lucic is going to be counted on to be very tough on the opposition with some big hits and tough play. They may be around the same size, but they play a different game and different things are expected from them.

Lucic, IMHO, is going to be counted on to be a 3rd liner who plays tough and can score some big goals, Latendresse, from what I have been reading the last couple of years, is being counted on to be a first line winger. We might as well be comparing Higgins and Kessel.