HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   anything else detroit needs? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=56451)

DetroitYoungWing 02-27-2004 06:47 PM

anything else detroit needs?

I was wondering now they that have lang what if anything would be next on the list of things to trade for? I heard we need a gritty rw how about a 2nd trade with washington involving grier to add abit of grit in the trade? lemme know guys

McDonald19 02-27-2004 07:11 PM

Grit...Grier would be a good choice...

Shoalzie 02-27-2004 07:31 PM

Tyler Wright with Columbus wouldn't be a bad choice...don't know if they are looking to trade him though. Chris Gratton is still out there too.

Randall Graves* 02-27-2004 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetroitYoungWing
I was wondering now they that have lang what if anything would be next on the list of things to trade for? I heard we need a gritty rw how about a 2nd trade with washington involving grier to add abit of grit in the trade? lemme know guys

Simon,Peat,Gratton should be targets...Detroit has gotten softer by adding Lang.

Higgy4 02-27-2004 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyKiller
Simon,Peat,Gratton should be targets...Detroit has gotten softer by adding Lang.

I still say Gratton. But who do the Wings NOT play if they make another deal? They have 4 pretty solid forward lines now. McCarty is probably the 12 forward, but you cant bench him becuase he is the ONLY thing close to a physical presence that the Wings have.

Carbonneau 02-27-2004 09:04 PM

Gratton has no value to Detroit, he had 1 good season back with TB when he had 30+ goals and 200+Pims.

The only thing DET needs now is a depth forward and a vet. defenseman, likely a Leetch or J.Smith

kmad 02-27-2004 09:06 PM

for grit...

to det: bouck & 3rd rounder
to van: woolley

??

Higgy4 02-27-2004 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonneau
Gratton has no value to Detroit, he had 1 good season back with TB when he had 30+ goals and 200+Pims.

The only thing DET needs now is a depth forward and a vet. defenseman, likely a Leetch or J.Smith

Thats exactly what Gratton would be on the Wings...a depth forward.

And the Wings dont need Leetch. Their D is actually pretty solid when everyone is healthy.

Chelios/Fischer
Lidstrom/Schneider
Woolley/Hatcher

Dandenault, Rivers (who I think has been fairly solid all year) and Kronwall (maybe) are the depth guys. I'd say they are OK at D. Of course, I am assuming that Hatcher will come back and be his usual self.

Carbonneau 02-27-2004 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmad
for grit...

??

Van is probably over paying, but I think DET will want more experience than Bouck

bandwagon 02-27-2004 09:11 PM

Quote:

for grit...

??

Bouck isn't that gritty is he? That doesn't really make much sense for the Wings anyways as Bouck would probably just be a farmhand.

Higgy4 02-27-2004 09:14 PM

Quote:

for grit...

??

If the Wings trade away one of their top 6 defensmen, they will want a player in return that will actually crack thier roster.

As it stands right now, the Wings have 4 very solid forward lines. McCarty is probably the 12th forward. Would Bouck play over Mac? Absolutely not.

This is why I think the Wings may be done dealing. They have 12 bonafide forwards right now. Who would sit if somebody like a Gratton or Grier is brought in? The Wings dont have much physicality, so you cant bench McCarty. So what does that leave? Holmstrom? You cant bench him...he is the only guy on the team that stands in front of the opposing net. Thomas? When he is healthy, he has been great for the Wings this year.

So...who do you sit? I have no idea. :dunno:

McDonald19 02-27-2004 09:16 PM

Barnaby or Simon from Rangers.

kmad 02-27-2004 09:16 PM

Detroit has enough experience I think.. Bouck is an amazing energy player, he has grit, he's the Canucks' 2nd best forechecker (after Ruutu) and Woolley will give the Canucks a good veteran defenseman they so desperately need.. also he'll be a top 6 d-man on the Canucks' squad so he won't lose icetime or anything.

Higgy4 02-27-2004 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDonald19
Barnaby or Simon from Rangers.

Ok...and like I said. Who do the Wings NOT play if one of these guys is brought in?

We could make a list of 50 players that could help the Wings with "grit". But somebody would have to get the boot from the Wings nightly roster, and I dont see who that could be.

Higgy4 02-27-2004 09:19 PM

Quote:

Detroit has enough experience I think.. Bouck is an amazing energy player, he has grit, he's the Canucks' 2nd best forechecker (after Ruutu) and Woolley will give the Canucks a good veteran defenseman they so desperately need.. also he'll be a top 6 d-man on the Canucks' squad so he won't lose icetime or anything.

Thats great for the Canucks. But Bouck wouldnt play for Detroit if everyone is healthy. Woolley has been a very solid player for the Wings all year. He really stepped up to the plate when Hatcher went down. Why would the Wings trade him for a guy who MIGHT play for them?

I just dont see it. :dunno:

bandwagon 02-27-2004 09:19 PM

Quote:

Yeah, good points. But I'm not sure that Bouck could crack Detroit's deep lineup, so I don't know whether they'd be all that interested. Maybe, though. I can definitely see the Canucks being interested. He could possibly help our weak power play as well as supply depth and experience (he went to the Finals with Buffalo in '99).

Xega 02-27-2004 09:22 PM

How about trading Whitney for some grit. He has been ok with the wings, but I think getting some more grit in the lineup for the playoffs is more essential to the team than what Whitney brings to the table.

Randall Graves* 02-27-2004 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higgy4
I still say Gratton. But who do the Wings NOT play if they make another deal? They have 4 pretty solid forward lines now. McCarty is probably the 12 forward, but you cant bench him becuase he is the ONLY thing close to a physical presence that the Wings have.

Dandenault,Deveroux or Mowers could sit up front. It will allow you to rest Yzerman Thomas and Hull at times.

You could just dump deveroux for a pick, I won't be sold on the Wings because they are still a perimeter team in terms of offensive personel.

If Detroit adds a Gratton/Simon/Barnaby type i like their chances.

Vincent Vega 02-27-2004 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xega
How about trading Whitney for some grit. He has been ok with the wings, but I think getting some more grit in the lineup for the playoffs is more essential to the team than what Whitney brings to the table.

As much as I like Ray Whitney, I have to agree with you. Would teams be interested in him though?

Higgy4 02-27-2004 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xega

I think Whitney has struggled a bit, but he has shown some flashes. He kills penalties well, and I think his offense will come around.

That being said...even if the Wings wanted to trade him, I doubt they would get much interest. Whitney has a decent sized contract and his stuggles this year would make him a hard sell.

But I want the Wings to keep him, regardless. With all the veterans soon leaving, Whitney could really be an important player for the Wings for the next 3-4 years.

bandwagon 02-27-2004 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nash61
As much as I like Ray Whitney, I have to agree with you. Would teams be interested in him though?

At $3 million, he could be an option for the Canucks if they could possibly shell some salary (or if the Red Wings took on some of the financial freight). However, I don't know whether we have anything to offer that you guys would want. I imagine someone would be interested in him.

Higgy4 02-27-2004 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyKiller
Dandenault,Deveroux or Mowers could sit up front. It will allow you to rest Yzerman Thomas and Hull at times.

You could just dump deveroux for a pick, I won't be sold on the Wings because they are still a perimeter team in terms of offensive personel.

If Detroit adds a Gratton/Simon/Barnaby type i like their chances.

Well, Dandenault is a defensman. He was playing forward while all the injuries were going on. Devereaux already sits (thank god!). And with the addition of Lang, Mowers is now on the bench.

I think they will sit Yzerman for a few games down the stretch. But I am talking about in the playoffs. Yzerman wont sit in the playoffs.

Shanny/Lang/Holmstrom
Hull/Datsyuk/Thomas
McCarty/Zetterberg/Whitney
Maltby/Yzerman/Draper

I think we both agree another gritty player would help. But that still doesnt solve the problem of who sits if they do bring in somebody else??? :dunno:

Dan K 02-27-2004 10:21 PM

If you want some really cheap tough guys, the Habs have got Gordie Dwyer and Sylvain Blouin expendable :p .

The two of them for an autographed Steve Yzerman stick? Too much? Fine then, a bag of pucks it is.