HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Laraque vs Parros (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=565299)

Carey Chant 10-24-2008 11:35 AM

Laraque vs Parros

I was looking through clips of fights and haven't found one of these two heavy weights ever squaring off. Parros is one of the toughest and you know he will be willing to go on Saturday. Is BGL going to be in the lineup? I hope so because that should be an amazing scrap.

hototogisu 10-24-2008 11:54 AM

I doubt we'll see Parros fight. Anaheim can't risk an injury to their leading goalscorer.

jnthomas 10-24-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 15998143)
I doubt we'll see Parros fight. Anaheim can't risk an injury to their leading goalscorer.

I loled

Habs10Habs 10-24-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 15998143)

lol...Did you see his goal against the Leafs? :amazed:

Actually that would be a pretty good fight if BGL and Parros went at it.

Beakermania* 10-24-2008 11:58 AM

Parros has an Epic mustache....

That is all.

Hackett 10-24-2008 12:00 PM

Parros is tough

but Laraque is the champ and Boogaard is the #1 contender

Maybe Parros is #3... i cant think of other guys off the top of my head.

JTWymanFan* 10-24-2008 12:04 PM

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yya8PhltLI

Parros KOs Cote, LOL

Although A Downey did kick his butt in this one so...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=at5q1K...eature=related

Habs10Habs 10-24-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CabbageLegs (Post 15998249)

I laughed at about the 25 second mark when Parros looks at his right hand, then starts wailing on Cote. That was pretty devastating.

Riverboat Gambler 10-24-2008 12:09 PM

I think you guys overrate Parros, as a fighter. He has terrible balance and Laraque would exploit that easily. He's a huge guy and he punches hard but he's no match for Georges. Laraque will rag doll him. Parros has improved each year but he's a lower echelon heavy weight, imo.

JTWymanFan* 10-24-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Turkey (Post 15998311)
I think you guys overrate Parros, as a fighter. He has terrible balance and Laraque would exploit that easily. He's a huge guy and he punches hard but he's no match for Georges. Laraque will rag doll him. Parros has improved each year but he's a lower echelon heavy weight, imo.

You never know, because i remember when Cote gave BGL a rockin not too long ago, yet Parros KOd him. When a fight starts you just never know...

TonyTinglebone 10-24-2008 12:18 PM

BGL should smoke him. Parros is arguably a top 10 fighter behind Boogard, Brash, Orr, Godard, McGrattan, King, Peters, etc.

Be a good scrap though, because Parros doesn't mind opening up.

Riverboat Gambler 10-24-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CabbageLegs (Post 15998353)
You never know, because i remember when Cote gave BGL a rockin not too long ago, yet Parros KOd him. When a fight starts you just never know...

Georges should win easily, due to Parros sloppy balance. Parros could catch him and stun him with a punch, that's true. And Parros is a huge man. But if I were a betting man, and I am, I'd take that bet 9 out of 10 times.

If it happens I think Laraque pulls him around knocks him off balance and wins easy.

Licou 10-24-2008 12:41 PM

Why would they fight if there is no reason to it? Just for the hell of it?

I know George is there for fighting but, those pointless goon fights are really useless in my mind...

jnthomas 10-24-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Licou (Post 15998639)

I know George is there for fighting but, those pointless goon fights are really useless in my mind...

Well the Ducks tend to play a physical game, thus there will be a good chance that something wrong happens leading to a fight. I think that's why many figure there could be a fight between BGL and Parros.

Licou 10-24-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnthomas (Post 15998750)
Well the Ducks tend to play a physical game, thus there will be a good chance that something wrong happens leading to a fight. I think that's why many figure there could be a fight between BGL and Parros.

Yeah I get that. It's probably wishful thinking on my part predicting that nothing "wrong" will happen. I surely hope that no one gets hurt (on both teams).

Blades 0f Steel 10-24-2008 01:03 PM

I was bored & made this the other day:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/laraque1.gif

It's possible, but don't hold your breath on it happening.

jnthomas 10-24-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Licou (Post 15998824)
Yeah I get that. It's probably wishful thinking on my part predicting that nothing "wrong" will happen. I surely hope that no one gets hurt (on both teams).

Yeah, I'm hoping it won't be anything more wrong than the habs scoring 5 goals in the first period and Parros wants to change the beat of the game so he targets Laraque.

Skrudland 10-24-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs10Habs (Post 15998285)
I laughed at about the 25 second mark when Parros looks at his right hand, then starts wailing on Cote. That was pretty devastating.

Me too! The double-take is hilarious! He's like "oh yeah, this hand is free now"!

Judge Sauer* 10-24-2008 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel (Post 15998907)
I was bored & made this the other day:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...s/laraque1.gif

It's possible, but don't hold your breath on it happening.

I was wondering where you were getting these .gifs.

Newhabfan 10-24-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

+1

Laraque was on ice twice and had to fight twice. I don't like it. I bet he doesn't like it either.

There are cases where him fighting and intimidating is useful and needed for the team, like with the Yotes last game. He used his specific "skills" to help us win the game.

On the other hand, there are those pointless goon fights (like with Thornton) that serve noone and are mainly for the wrestling fans. I don't want to see those.

le_sean 10-24-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Because they are paying him $1.5 million to do so.

Spectaculard 10-24-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newhabfan (Post 15999082)
+1

Laraque was on ice twice and had to fight twice. I don't like it. I bet he doesn't like it either.

There are cases where him fighting and intimidating is useful and needed for the team, like with the Yotes last game. He used his specific "skills" to help us win the game.

On the other hand, there are those pointless goon fights (like with Thornton) that serve noone and are mainly for the wrestling fans. I don't want to see those.

He wouldn't have fought if he didn't ''like it''. Its his own choice and he understands what he has to do.

Licou 10-24-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrychair (Post 15999384)
He wouldn't have fought if he didn't ''like it''. Its his own choice and he understands what he has to do.

You are probably right but, let's just say the Thornton fight was pretty useless. He did what he had to do against Phoenix and that's more than fine by me.

I guess I'm just voicing my own opinion but, I don't really enjoy two heavy weights going at it when nothing is on the line...

gusfring 10-24-2008 01:55 PM

They probably won't go. No need to. Parros isn't a guy that runs around like an idiot.

I actually hope they don't. I don't want Laraque fighting every game.

Spectaculard 10-24-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Licou (Post 15999480)
You are probably right but, let's just say the Thornton fight was pretty useless. He did what he had to do against Phoenix and that's more than fine by me.

I guess I'm just voicing my own opinion but, I don't really enjoy two heavy weights going at it when nothing is on the line...

Why not? Its not like they're forced to. Plus if its a home game for us it energizes the crowd and can give the team momentum.