HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Habs offered Big Bird/Lapperiere Jobs + Rafalski (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=565819)

Tray4Adams 10-25-2008 10:35 PM

Habs offered Big Bird/Lapperiere Jobs + Rafalski
 
I don't know how good of a source this is but it seems as if the Habs offered Larry Robinson + Jacques Lapperiere jobs as well as offered Rafalski 7.5 mil/year.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10252008...evs_135146.htm

Chomsky 10-25-2008 10:37 PM

7.5M is a ******** of $ for a D-man... *looks at Campbell*

Nevermind...

Souray44 10-25-2008 10:45 PM

Rafalski would have been great but i'm very happy with the moves we actually did make.

KovalevDeke 10-25-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Souray44 (Post 16026803)
Rafalski would have been great but i'm very happy with the moves we actually did make.

I'm happy with Hamrlik even though Rafalsky is a BEAST !!!

BintZ 10-25-2008 10:49 PM

Good for Rafalski to take a $1.5M/year pay-cut to play for his home state team. Funny how Briere wouldn't take more then he was worth to play for his...

SAKS AVENUE 10-25-2008 10:49 PM

Raffy would have been interesting, but that is a lot of dough.

keepcalmandbeninja 10-25-2008 10:56 PM

.
 
Factor in the exchange rate right now?
+ Taxes

Is he making more? Less?



Rafalski would be an excellent addition, my worry is would we have gone out to get Lang with Rafalski on board?

Furthermore the entrance of Raffy would have sped up the ousting of fringe players such as Brisebois and Dandy...

Chomsky 10-25-2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giovannicanella (Post 16027078)
Factor in the exchange rate right now?
+ Taxes

Is he making more? Less?



Rafalski would be an excellent addition, my worry is would we have gone out to get Lang with Rafalski on board?

Furthermore the entrance of Raffy would have sped up the ousting of fringe players such as Brisebois and Dandy...

Would have been making way more nvm the taxes and especially the exchange rates. Salaries are in US $ and the difference between Michigan and Quebec ain't that huge, and even if it was 20% difference, which is what it would take to make 7.5M = to 6M.

keepcalmandbeninja 10-25-2008 11:06 PM

.
 
I remember a clever fella who broke this subject down in great detail a while back was that you?

I wish I would be able to fish out and find that thread it was really _________________?

Adjectives escape me right now! (And I am teaching ESL in a few hours LOL...)

Jeffrey 10-26-2008 12:11 AM

dont forget the habs missed the playoff prior to that offseason.

Ape Clutch 10-26-2008 12:11 AM

I think you guys are missing the big news here... it's not Rafalski's offer...

rather


Larry Robinson refused to come back home... wtf? We retired your jersey you buffoon! Your a HAB NOT A DEVIL!

keepcalmandbeninja 10-26-2008 12:45 AM

.
 
Yes I am not pleased at all with Larry Robinson's snub...

I like the idea of keeping the habs family close knit and united.

Maybe he was offered a role he was not interested in working in...or the money was not enough...in the end he chose NJ because it presented better conditions..

Crusher20 10-26-2008 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giovannicanella (Post 16028695)
Yes I am not pleased at all with Larry Robinson's snub...

I like the idea of keeping the habs family close knit and united.

Maybe he was offered a role he was not interested in working in...or the money was not enough...in the end he chose NJ because it presented better conditions..

he prefers to get slack by Lou, thats fine..

Kimota 10-26-2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ape Clutch (Post 16028289)
I think you guys are missing the big news here... it's not Rafalski's offer...

rather


Larry Robinson refused to come back home... wtf? We retired your jersey you buffoon! Your a HAB NOT A DEVIL!

Robinson has become a slave to Lamoriello.

HabsoluteFate 10-26-2008 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey (Post 16028283)
dont forget the habs missed the playoff prior to that offseason.

exactly

some people don't understand that money isnt everything...for some players ala Yashing sure....

this is why i cant see Sundin landing in Vancouver

Agnostic 10-26-2008 09:13 AM

Robinson's snub should not come as a surprise. Since the day he left Montreal he has been cold to the city and organization. Ironically he's found a home in Lou Lam's world, which is modelled entirely from the Canadiens past.

Perhaps had his jersey been retired a decade ago, or the Ring of Honour been constructed timelier it could have been different. But Larry is a guy who has been shaped by Montreal and the Canadiens but who hasn't wanted to be associated with that part of his life since he made the tough choice to leave it.

GoneAway 10-26-2008 09:15 AM

Althought rafalski would of been nice, I still see Hamrlik as a solid plan B

Ape Clutch 10-26-2008 09:17 AM

Shoulda never retired his Jersey...

Who gets their Jersey retired by the Habs and doesn't come home

we can't retire the jerseys of people who slap us in the face c'mon

this isn't the Leafs her Larry! :rant:

superstar436 10-26-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ape Clutch (Post 16028289)
I think you guys are missing the big news here... it's not Rafalski's offer...

rather


Larry Robinson refused to come back home... wtf? We retired your jersey you buffoon! Your a HAB NOT A DEVIL!

why are you surprised that he snubbed the habs. They probably deserve it.

It took them yrs to pull his jersey ( one of the top 10 dman of all time ) and there is a big story about this. HE asked them many times to pull it when his father was alive and ill with cancer. They kind of ignored him. His father died, and they still did not pull it. He got pissed.

Also, when he retired as a player, why didn't they pick him up instead of LA and then new jersey.

xeric716x 10-26-2008 10:27 AM

7.5 is alot for Rafalski, i'm gald we took Hamrlik

GoneAway 10-26-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superstar436 (Post 16030407)
why are you surprised that he snubbed the habs. They probably deserve it.

It took them yrs to pull his jersey ( one of the top 10 dman of all time ) and there is a big story about this. HE asked them many times to pull it when his father was alive and ill with cancer. They kind of ignored him. His father died, and they still did not pull it. He got pissed.

Also, when he retired as a player, why didn't they pick him up instead of LA and then new jersey.

Sounds a little pretencious to ask to have your jersey retired at a certain time. Although I understand that he would of liked for his father to have been there, its the club that bestows the honor to the player, not vice versa.

smokes lets go 10-26-2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BintZ (Post 16026935)
Good for Rafalski to take a $1.5M/year pay-cut to play for his home state team. Funny how Briere wouldn't take more then he was worth to play for his...

it could be the organization he doesn't like, but that rumour about him not wanting to be 2nd line guy is just dumb, and i can't believe how gullable some people are to believe it..

Whitesnake 10-26-2008 10:55 AM

The real news is....are the Habs really looking or looked to bring a coach for d-men, like tons of people in here keep saying we don't need?

As far as neither coming back...what's the problem? He was here, did his thing, moved on and now feels as committed to his new place than he was when he was here. Both guys are been gone for so long now, can we really call Montreal home for them?

beowulf 10-26-2008 11:03 AM

New York Post...ya ok crappy source and I don't believe it.

Kimota 10-26-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superstar436 (Post 16030407)
why are you surprised that he snubbed the habs. They probably deserve it.

It took them yrs to pull his jersey ( one of the top 10 dman of all time ) and there is a big story about this. HE asked them many times to pull it when his father was alive and ill with cancer. They kind of ignored him. His father died, and they still did not pull it. He got pissed.

Also, when he retired as a player, why didn't they pick him up instead of LA and then new jersey.

Also he said when he was down and needed help Lou "saved him" in a sens and will always owe Lou for it. IN short, It's always a Maffia-like thing with Lou! :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.