HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   McGuire on Gainey. (Team 990) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=56648)

Traitor8 02-28-2004 12:45 PM

McGuire on Gainey. (Team 990)

Pierre Mcguire on the TEAM 990 was asked about the go ahead Gainey was given to invest significant money on a player before March 9th...

Here's what he said...Bob Gainey unlike other Gms is very tight liped and never lets anything slip out with regards to his trade talks...Mcguire mentioned that there are other Gms who aren't in the tight lipped category and that he got word from two specific gms that Gainey has spoken to about trades...I guess Mcguire is talking about these two Gms when it comes to the ones who aren't keeping things a secret...

About Lindros...Mcguire has tremendous respect for Mckenzie and he's very credible...he believes there's something there with regards to Lindros coming to Montreal...he also said it wouldn't cost us much...

BigM1ke 02-28-2004 12:46 PM

I would take Lindros without hesitation if it's for cheap. We have nothing to lose!

Dutchy 02-28-2004 12:47 PM

Wow... Lindros in Mtl would be a shocker.

chicpea* 02-28-2004 12:49 PM

The guy should retire. I don't want blood on my hands. It would be a shocker though, that's for sure.

Malakhov 02-28-2004 12:52 PM

I'd take Lindros in an heartbeat if we can get him for cheap I mean there is nothing to lose. Either the guy will stand up and prove himself he can still play in the NHL or end his career.

Looking at his stats with the rangers, it wasn't bad at all.

Guy Caballero 02-28-2004 12:53 PM

Lindros is a shell of the player he used to be. I guess it couldn't hurt to replace Juneau with him and make Begin's line the shut-down line, but it seems kind of strange to play Lindros with Dackell and Sundstrom. Another option would be to play him as a winger on line one. This could be interesting.

Lindros-Koivu-Zednik

Better than Perreault-Koivu-Zednik anyway.

tritone 02-28-2004 12:55 PM

Benched till Boston

I'd take Lindros and send him to Hamilton , then call him up :joker: just for our next game against the Bruins hehe, Thornton beware biatch!

Malakhov 02-28-2004 12:57 PM

2002-2003 Rangers 81 games 19 goals 34 assists 53 points
2003-2004 Rangers 39 games 10 goals 22 assists 32 points

Come on, if we can get him for cheap, why not?
Even if he's a shell of what he used to be, he'd still be better than a lot of our current players.

prabak11 02-28-2004 12:57 PM

how much does lindros make?

Guy Caballero 02-28-2004 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakhov

Even if he's a shell of what he used to be, he'd still be better than a lot of our current players.

True, but I'm thinking about team chemistry. The last thing we need is his mommy going to the Mtl media and complaining that her sweetheart isn't getting enough playing time.

Wildbeliefs 02-28-2004 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prabby
how much does lindros make?

forecaster lists it at 3.3

jonny5 02-28-2004 01:02 PM

One quick question? If Lindros would not go to Quebec, and would not play in Canada, when he had the chance to be a national hero, what makes you think he would come to Montreal at the end of a career that has not been the greatest!!!

prabak11 02-28-2004 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildbeliefs
forecaster lists it at 3.3

hmmmmmmm....ya then i would want to get him...i would trade peraault for him :D

prabak11 02-28-2004 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny5
One quick question? If Lindros would not go to Quebec, and would not play in Canada, when he had the chance to be a national hero, what makes you think he would come to Montreal at the end of a career that has not been the greatest!!!

ya good point!

ya y would he? :D

Artyukhin* 02-28-2004 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Lindros is a shell of the player he used to be. I guess it couldn't hurt to replace Juneau with him and make Begin's line the shut-down line, but it seems kind of strange to play Lindros with Dackell and Sundstrom. Another option would be to play him as a winger on line one. This could be interesting.

Lindros-Koivu-Zednik

Better than Perreault-Koivu-Zednik anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ladies and gentleman your new captian (drum role please) eric lindros....... :yo:
:joker:

just kidding,but hes booed everytime he comes to montreal ,how would this be,first game in montreal..lindros(Boooooooooo0 passes to kouivu(booooooooo) back to bresbois over to rivet back to lindros he scores (boooooooo) lindros with his first...some how ,i cant see this workin..i can handle anymore booing

but seriously eric lindros..hmmm.guys i cant be the only one thinking that(if eric comes back after 8 cocussions) someone out there is goin to try to put eric out for good .imho .i just cant see it happening ,but crazier things have happened.i say not unless we get him cheap and i mean cheap,cheaper than a pound of rotten tomatoes....thats the only way.i'd give kilger no more than that

Marc the Habs Fan 02-28-2004 01:04 PM

Lindros has a ton of bonuses though. All in all, his salary will likely be closer to 10 million than 3 million this year.

Guy Caballero 02-28-2004 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny5

It was the Nordiques org. in particular that his family had a problem with. They said at the time that it wasn't about playing in the province of Quebec, and that he would play for the Habs. In fact, I think the Habs were third in the running in the Lidros sweepstakes that saw him go to the Flyers.

Tuggy 02-28-2004 01:05 PM

Lindros is going to be traded, that's a given. He is an UFA at the end of the season. The Rangers are just trying to get something rather then lose him for nothing at the end of the year. I'm sure he will go for a mid-round draft pick or something. That being said, I think he would be a great rent-a-player for the Habs!

Zednik 02-28-2004 01:06 PM

If Lindros joins the Habs, they'll lose a fan.

Malakhov 02-28-2004 01:10 PM

Plus think of all the interesting stuff the french media would create with Lindros here, it'd be so interesting :joker:

#44_delivers 02-28-2004 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malakhov

everybody on that rangers team is a shell of what they use to be, call it what you want i use to hate playing against lindross he waz quite the competitor, and about having him on my team id say hell yes nothing lost if its a cheap way to get him here, id actualy think he'd excell here, but so would most leaving nyc.

EaGLE1 02-28-2004 01:11 PM

Lindros :)
why not....
For a third rounder or less....

#44_delivers 02-28-2004 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zednik
If Lindros joins the Habs, they'll lose a fan.

-come on baby dont be that way ;)

eddy 02-28-2004 01:13 PM

I'd only be happy with Lindros comming to Montreal if we got him super cheap. He won't be able to play a physical game nearly as much after his latest concussion and though he's beena leader in the teams he's been on he's never won anything which mkaes me wonder what he's like in cluth situations and when it counts. All in all, not a big Lindros fan but if we can get him cheap, why not.

Zednik 02-28-2004 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers
-come on baby dont be that way ;)

All the fans here in Quebec city will start to hate the Habs again, I can guarantee you !