HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Injury Report: Brian Mccabe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=566709)

Panthers/Leafs fan 10-15-2008 05:43 PM

McCabe situation?

Hi Guys,

I've been following the news and reading the blogs--but haven't seen anything specific lately re. Byan McCabe's situation.

Is he still two weeks out? Has anyone heard anything?

Thanks.

Dread Clawz 10-15-2008 08:20 PM

I haven't heard anything new about McCabe. On the Panthers site there's a vid up on DeBoer post practice today and he said everyone skated but McCabe. Allen had some swelling earlier in the week in the knee he had scoped, but he skated today and looked good according to DeBoer. Skrastins was cleared and skated Monday, and practiced for an hour and a half yesterday. DeBoer said they'll see how he's feeling, but they'd like to dress him Thursday if possible. So that's great news. And his wife also had a new baby girl yesterday so congrats, Skratch.

Mods, now that I think about it, maybe we should re-make this thread into the official 08-09 Injury Update thread, I've seen other boards have them. That way anyone with any new updates on injuries can post them here and it'll be convenient for anyone to pop in and see the latest news. Hopefully we don't have to use it to often, but it'll be good just in case. Just a suggestion.

Sounds like the Wild are banged up which is good for us, PM Bouchard flew back to Minny yesterday with a sore back, Nolan sustained a lower body injury in yesterday's game, and Zidlicky was just placed on IR.

Beezer 10-15-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan (Post 15863138)
Hi Guys,

I've been following the news and reading the blogs--but haven't seen anything specific lately re. Byan McCabe's situation.

Is he still two weeks out? Has anyone heard anything?

Thanks.

Last think I heard was that he was day-to-day. That's what Potvin said.

Panthers/Leafs fan 10-16-2008 09:56 AM

Day to day would be great news. Thanks for the update, guys.

Clint 10-16-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beezer (Post 15866813)
Last think I heard was that he was day-to-day. That's what Potvin said.

But day-to-day usually means week-to-week these days. So we don't really know when he's going to be back. If I recall, the initial prognosis was something like 2 to 3 weeks, right? So I'm thinking he should be playing by the end of the month.

In all honesty though, I'm just glad he doesn't have a broken back.

Generational Talent 10-22-2008 10:32 AM

I just saw on Dobbers's site that a will miss another month:(

sinDer 10-22-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Laviolette (Post 15966046)

A month? :shakehead

They said two weeks, so I was expecting to miss 3 or 4 weeks :sarcasm:

but another month...ouch!

Rattrick 10-22-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Laviolette (Post 15966046)

Do you have a link? I haven't heard anything myself about him being out longer.

BabyJagrov 10-22-2008 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattrick (Post 15968271)

It's basically another couple of weeks !

It was on the Herald website and Sun-sentinel this morning !

canadashawn 10-22-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

http://www.dobberhockey.com/content/view/1434/

Ive never heard of "Dobber". A good habit to get in is to listen to George or Steve only.

zeroG 10-22-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

as was mentioned, deboer said a few weeks in one of the articles in today's coverage (check GDT)

Blad Meaning Gud 10-22-2008 05:22 PM

I am starting to miss this guy...

RoadDoggFL 10-22-2008 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadashawn (Post 15968368)
http://www.dobberhockey.com/content/view/1434/

Ive never heard of "Dobber". A good habit to get in is to listen to George or Steve only.

Yeah, that website provides no source for it's info, either. I'll cross my fingers that it's just bad info.

Cats Gambler 10-23-2008 12:37 AM

According to TSN, he's out indefinitely.

The Panthers are without D Bryan Allen (knee, day-to-day), D Bryan McCabe (lower back, out indefinitely), C Anthony Stewart and RW Wade Belak were healthy scratches.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=253444&l...s=secStory_nhl

canadashawn 10-23-2008 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cats Gambler (Post 15979338)
According to TSN, he's out indefinitely.

The Panthers are without D Bryan Allen (knee, day-to-day), D Bryan McCabe (lower back, out indefinitely), C Anthony Stewart and RW Wade Belak were healthy scratches.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=253444&l...s=secStory_nhl

Well, TSN is usually great but maybe they have something against Mr. McCabe, with the broken back story and all.

According to GR, he is working out and should be back in a week or 2.

Panthers/Leafs fan 10-23-2008 10:15 AM

Here's what I read this morning:

"...and McCabe's original two-week timetable has been pushed back some."

Pushed back..."some" doesn't sound too bad. (source: Sun Sentinel.com)

Crossbar 10-23-2008 01:59 PM

I believe we are either a.) taking extra precautions in not rushing Bryan, because we have him locked for 2 more years after this season....or b.) are feeding the media BS, because this organization (Michael Yormark) is all about PR and the McCabe acquisition was supposed to generate excitement in Pantherland. Didn't we say the same thing about Bertuzzi when he first got injured, that he'd be back not too long?

Clint 10-23-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossbar (Post 15984362)
I believe we are either a.) taking extra precautions in not rushing Bryan, because we have him locked for 2 more years after this season....or b.) are feeding the media BS, because this organization (Michael Yormark) is all about PR and the McCabe acquisition was supposed to generate excitement in Pantherland. Didn't we say the same thing about Bertuzzi when he first got injured, that he'd be back not too long?

Conspiracy theory, much?

Rattrick 10-23-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossbar (Post 15984362)

I must say, I thought about the Bertuzzi situation right away. He was always "right around the corner" but just never came back. Lets hope McCabe's situation is nothing like that.

sinDer 10-23-2008 05:23 PM

Seriously, When they said two weeks, who really believed it?

I knew that "2 weeks" actually meant a month

Now...if he misses more than a month, I'd be very shocked!

Hip Of Rick 10-27-2008 06:18 PM

So did anyone here any new updates or is it bert part 2?

zeroG 10-27-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hip Of Rick (Post 16045913)
So did anyone here any new updates or is it bert part 2?

last i heard he had started working out, which i guess is positive.

Panthers/Leafs fan 10-27-2008 07:08 PM

And I heard it said during one of the games that he was supposed to start skating this week. If he's on skates, I'm a happy man.

Dread Clawz 10-27-2008 08:49 PM

Yeah, supposedly he's been doing off-ice workouts and could start skating this week.

harv3317 10-28-2008 09:39 AM

someone, please let us know when he starts skating.