HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How to see the habs practice? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=566773)

biggymac609 10-28-2008 06:50 PM

How to see the habs practice?

Is there any way to know when the habs will practice at a local arena that is open to the public?

ROEN 10-28-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggymac609 (Post 16064440)
Is there any way to know when the habs will practice at a local arena that is open to the public?

You will have to torture me

AcadiaAxeMan 10-28-2008 09:39 PM

My experience ..... circa 1988

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggymac609 (Post 16064440)

KNOW a player ....... he gets you in!! That's it??!!!

cedouimet 10-28-2008 10:04 PM

Just call and ask at l'auditorium de Verdun....i go there often to get autographs

Galchenyuk x 27 10-28-2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedouimet (Post 16068726)
Just call and ask at l'auditorium de Verdun....i go there often to get autographs

the complexe 10/30 will be opening soon, no more verdun practices.

couz 10-28-2008 10:50 PM

My trick is to check the Bell Center calendar and if the Habs are in Montreal while there's a concert/show you know they'll be at Verdun.

Last week they had Madonna in town and it was pretty obvious they were gonna practice at verdun.

HABsurde 10-28-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couz (Post 16069700)
My trick is to check the Bell Center calendar and if the Habs are in Montreal while there's a concert/show you know they'll be at Verdun.

Last week they had Madonna in town and it was pretty obvious they were gonna practice at verdun.

Not on friday's, no ice in Verdun on friday, Montreal Junior practice on friday

tinyzombies 10-29-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couz (Post 16069700)

The Canadiens used to practice after us in Verdun regularly. I don't remember the day though. They would DESTROY the ice surface too, especially in the corners and by the boards near the lines. Hilarious.

RC51 10-29-2008 04:07 PM

I think Brossard is to open in what? 7 days or so

Tricolore#20 10-29-2008 11:43 PM

Gillett was on Prime Time Sports today and mentioned that the Brossard Complexe will open in the next month. It will have 2 NHL sheets of ice, and will have an indoor soccer field.

Gillett seemed to indicate most of the practices (not on gamedays though) will be held there. Most of the players live around South Shore and want to be in that area. The practices on gamedays will probably be at Bell Centre. Interestingly, the practice facility will get branded by Bell. What do you guys think? Centre de Glaces presentee par Bell?

#2eddieshore 11-13-2008 01:32 AM

Selon ce que RDS a appris, déjà le Tricolore a réservé la glace à Verdun pour plusieurs jours au mois de décembre parce que les travaux ne sont toujours pas complétés à Brossard, particulièrement dans le secteur réservé au Canadien.

Toutefois, le reste du complexe ouvrira ses portes samedi.

So they are going to practise at Verdun a few more times?

Can someone from mtl please translate this. I understand most of it but not 'travaux'

merci!

Beakermania* 11-13-2008 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #2eddieshore (Post 16297676)
Selon ce que RDS a appris, déjà le Tricolore a réservé la glace à Verdun pour plusieurs jours au mois de décembre parce que les travaux ne sont toujours pas complétés à Brossard, particulièrement dans le secteur réservé au Canadien.

Toutefois, le reste du complexe ouvrira ses portes samedi.

So they are going to practise at Verdun a few more times?

Can someone from mtl please translate this. I understand most of it but not 'travaux'

merci!

I think Travaux is construction work....

The canadiens have reserved more dates at the rink in Verdun during december because the construction work is not yet completed at Brossared on the special section reserved for the Canadiens.

Thats my attempt... but my french kinda sucks...

Galchenyuk x 27 11-13-2008 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 16297768)
I think Travaux is construction work....

The canadiens have reserved more dates at the rink in Verdun during december because the construction work is not yet completed at Brossared on the special section reserved for the Canadiens.

Thats my attempt... but my french kinda sucks...

thats pretty good.
just take out the word special and your right on.

Samuelson 11-13-2008 07:21 AM

The Brossard Complex is almost done. They're just making the last adjustments

As for the Habs, a lot of them currently live in the L section of Brossard (latendresse, Marov, etc.)

Pascal 11-13-2008 07:36 AM

if anyone knows the next practice there and is going, would be cool to let us know.. I'd definitely like to check one out