HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   interesting Latendresse article (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=567577)

Iwishihadacup 10-30-2008 09:55 PM

interesting Latendresse article

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/262630.html

Basicly: Latendresse is the 4th youngest best sniper in habs history

the only best players at this age are

Mario Tremblay
Stephane Richer
Henri Richard

and notice, more recently he was only beaten by Kopitar, Crosby an Paul Statsny

Not bad for a stone handed, slow and 4th liner at best forward?;)

Galchenyuk x 27 10-30-2008 09:57 PM

Alot of has us have been saying that for a while, the haters will still hate.

Iwishihadacup 10-30-2008 10:06 PM

you guys should read the talkback from mr kevenx.... Priceless :laugh:

SpreeEndaz 10-30-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 16100387)

Yeah, let me click on the link you just sent there, oh... wait... :sarcasm:

JMMR 10-30-2008 10:43 PM

Some people will harp on Latendresse for his last 4 games but because his ice time has been cut in the last two games but he still has 1 assist and is a +1 in those games.

Gui is also great for the locker room he seems to get along really well with everyone and when he defended Kovalev in the Florida game everyone on the bench noticed.

Talent Analyst 10-30-2008 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 16100387)

He got some points, but its clear that his french isn't good and his hockey knowledge is really bad. :laugh:

Kriss E 10-31-2008 01:05 AM

Here we go with the comparisons..

HabsPack 10-31-2008 01:50 AM

That's great to read, the Habs really do have a super future. It likely will depend on how BG has set the D up in the next few yrs. Mtl will likely have "enough" scoring, the goaltending should be there for yrs to come, but the D as of now is still a question mark.

Habruti! 10-31-2008 08:56 AM

one think I like about Lats lately is that he seem to have looked a lot at Saku and now seems to be hitting similarly to Saku which don't try to run the guy through the board, just use your body to push him outside the play.

Anybody else thought Mikko's game looks a lot like Koivu's game (when he was younger), skating style, vision, moves, he looks exactly like a larger Koivu ... I like him!

Darz 10-31-2008 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 16100017)

Mario Tremblay
Stephane Richer
Henri Richard

Who would say Lats has stone-hands????

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habruti! (Post 16105429)
one think I like about Lats lately is that he seem to have looked a lot at Saku and now seems to be hitting similarly to Saku which don't try to run the guy through the board, just use your body to push him outside the play.

Anybody else thought Mikko's game looks a lot like Koivu's game (when he was younger), skating style, vision, moves, he looks exactly like a larger Koivu ... I like him!

He IS a larger Koivu

waffledave 10-31-2008 10:11 AM

Quote:

Maybe so but the difference between Lats and those guys is very, very, very big. And Latendresse is nowhere near the 4th best player in that draft, despite what the point totals say.

Garo 10-31-2008 10:26 AM

Many good to great players never really had the chance to play before 20 years old though.

Eband00 10-31-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Isn't Ovechkin included in that list?

Beakermania* 10-31-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eband00 (Post 16108422)
Isn't Ovechkin included in that list?

2004 draft for Ovy
2005 for crosby, stasny, kopitar, lats.

ROEN 10-31-2008 03:31 PM

I hate to say this ... yeah not a huge Latendresse fan ...

but some people are starting to overstate their case with him ... fine I get it ... he's not fat ...

but I really REALLY don't think he's got the overall tools needed to be a '' great player ''

Maybe a 15 - 20 goal guy ... my '' feeling'' anyways ... worth what it's worth ...

Lone Rogue 10-31-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROEN (Post 16109792)
Maybe a 15 - 20 goal guy ... my '' feeling'' anyways ... worth what it's worth ...

Feel however you wish, but the guy scored 16 goals when playing some of the least ice-time on average last season. Now his ice-time has increased. He should score more goals. That said, I'm a Lats fan and it'd shock me to see him score 30. I think he'll eventually develop into a 20-25 goals, 40-50 assist player.

Russeltown 10-31-2008 03:36 PM

He's on pace for 11 Stanley Cups!!

chitownhabsfan 10-31-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Mario Tremblay
Stephane Richer
Henri Richard

Well, if he turns out to be as good as Henri, we all will certainly be blessed!!! I would settle for even half as good.

:yo:

:habs

Rgolt 10-31-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROEN (Post 16109792)
I hate to say this ... yeah not a huge Latendresse fan ...

but some people are starting to overstate their case with him ... fine I get it ... he's not fat ...

but I really REALLY don't think he's got the overall tools needed to be a '' great player ''

the fact that he score 15+ when he was 20 makes me wonder how many he can score in his prime........

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 16108757)
2004 draft for Ovy
2005 for crosby, stasny, kopitar, lats.

i think ur forgetting a pretty good player on that list.......
GILBERT BRULE:sarcasm:

Mr. Carey Price of course

Beakermania* 10-31-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgolt (Post 16110020)
i think ur forgetting a pretty good player on that list.......
GILBERT BRULE:sarcasm:

Mr. Carey Price of course

Noone said he was the fourth best player in the draft... just that he is the fourth highest SCORING player drafted that year.

I love Price, but I'd be worried about Lats if Price had more points than him.

onice 10-31-2008 05:25 PM

I never was a big Lats fan and on top of it all the Habs I think screwed up his development by bringing him up too early.

So I find it funny that at training camp the papers claimed Lats was the 5th fastest skater on the team (I almost lost a lung laughing at that) and now you're pulling these ridiculous stats to pimp an average hockey player.

Let me ask all these Lats lovers last year your argument was he scored 16 goals two years in a row playing on the 4th line (conveniently forgetting the time he spent on the first line and played poorly) but your argument was put him on a top line and he'll produce. Well he has been on the top line. What has he produced? One meaningless goal that was scored at the end of the Maple Leafs route and for his assists he has piggy backed himself on the exceptional play of Tanguay and Koivu. The hockey skills he has demonstrated so far this year are on par with what most of you claimed Ryder provided. Terrible hockey skills yet Ryder that god awful player tallied 87 goals in three years. He earned his way on to the top line. It wasn't handed to him on a silver platter. So now that Lats hasn't lived up to your hype, you've gotta go searching for meaningless stats.

Yes his skating has improved slightly but everything else is the same. His positional play sucks like it did last year. His game involvement amounts to him giving a crushing body check and taking himself out of the play.

The more I see of Lats the more he reminds me of Kilger without the killer instinct. And Kilger was no killer.

Kriss E 10-31-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onice (Post 16110986)
I never was a big Lats fan and on top of it all the Habs I think screwed up his development by bringing him up too early.

So I find it funny that at training camp the papers claimed Lats was the 5th fastest skater on the team (I almost lost a lung laughing at that) and now you're pulling these ridiculous stats to pimp an average hockey player.

Let me ask all these Lats lovers last year your argument was he scored 16 goals two years in a row playing on the 4th line (conveniently forgetting the time he spent on the first line and played poorly) but your argument was put him on a top line and he'll produce. Well he has been on the top line. What has he produced? One meaningless goal that was scored at the end of the Maple Leafs route and for his assists he has piggy backed himself on the exceptional play of Tanguay and Koivu. The hockey skills he has demonstrated so far this year are on par with what most of you claimed Ryder provided. Terrible hockey skills yet Ryder that god awful player tallied 87 goals in three years. He earned his way on to the top line. It wasn't handed to him on a silver platter. So now that Lats hasn't lived up to your hype, you've gotta go searching for meaningless stats.

Yes his skating has improved slightly but everything else is the same. His positional play sucks like it did last year. His game involvement amounts to him giving a crushing body check and taking himself out of the play.

The more I see of Lats the more he reminds me of Kilger without the killer instinct. And Kilger was no killer.

You don't say?..not a big fan?

You say Ice Time and Age are 2 meaningless factors?? And you say this with a straight face?..

You say people in here bring up crappy stats, yet your arguments for his 7pts are 1useless Goal, and 6 piggy backed assists??
Yea, Great Arguments!:shakehead
Let's give ALL the credit to Tanguay and Koivu, but ZERO to Lats. Sure, that's some real critical thinking right there:handclap:

By 5th fastest skater, they meant raw speed, not the acceleration. Maybe you misinterpreted and expected Lats to be as fast as Higgins.

The fact that you are so overly critical of a 21yo Player, who's shown interesting things but still has a lot to improve is quite ridiculous. Not only that, but you say he's a Kilger without the ''killer instinct''..yeaaaa okay there buddy..
It shows blind hatred towards Lats instead of critical thinking.

I personally don't like Lats, but he's having a good start and if he keeps up his work ethic, he'll become much better over the next seasons.

onice 10-31-2008 06:43 PM

Kriss, I'm not critical of Lats. I'm critical of fans who came here and make unrealistic evaluations of the kid. Lats will be an average NHLer.

Lone Rogue 10-31-2008 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onice (Post 16111607)
Lats will be an average NHLer.

What in the holy hell is the definition of an "average" NHLer?

Hell, Saku Koivu is an average NHLer. He plays a majority of the season, is a part of the NHLPA, has good games and bad games and has summers off. Just like any other NHLer.

onice 10-31-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 16111363)
You don't say?..not a big fan?

You say Ice Time and Age are 2 meaningless factors?? And you say this with a straight face?..

You say people in here bring up crappy stats, yet your arguments for his 7pts are 1useless Goal, and 6 piggy backed assists??
Yea, Great Arguments!:shakehead
Let's give ALL the credit to Tanguay and Koivu, but ZERO to Lats. Sure, that's some real critical thinking right there:handclap:

By 5th fastest skater, they meant raw speed, not the acceleration..

And you want to tell me that I distort the facts. In your world Lats has the 5th fastest speed on this team. Pass me that joint.

Koivu
Tanguay
Kostitsyn 1
Kostistyn 2
Higgins
Plekanec
Dandenault
Lapierre

Yeah he's definitely in that group. What do you do for a living? Stand up comedy

There's others but I won't get into it. This is exactly what I mean by the distortion of facts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Rogue (Post 16111646)
What in the holy hell is the definition of an "average" NHLer?

Hell, Saku Koivu is an average NHLer. He plays a majority of the season, is a part of the NHLPA, has good games and bad games and has summers off. Just like any other NHLer.

koivu is not an average NHLer. He's in the top third of NHL players. Dandenault is a below NHLer, Begin, Kostopoulos.

Ryder, Boullion, are players with average skills. If you had to give them a mark it would be in the 60-70 range. exactly where I would put Lats.