HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   GDT: Game 11: Flames @ Kings - 8:00pm MT - CBC & the Fan 960 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=567915)

StreakingRed 10-31-2008 10:38 PM

Game 11: Flames @ Kings - 8:00pm MT - CBC & the Fan 960

:flames (6-3-1)

@

:kings (3-5-1)

http://cdn.nhl.com/flames/images/upl...i_09.09.08.jpg

Quote:

Mike Cammalleri, coming of a second-star performance in a 3-2 win over Boston Thursday, figures to have a few butterflies Saturday when the Flames take on Los Angeles on Hockey Night in Canada.

It won't be because Don Cherry will be watching, either. It will be because he is making a return to Los Angeles to face the team he played five NHL seasons with before becoming a Flame via a trade this summer.

"I played there a long time," said Cammalleri, who registered a goal and an assist Thursday agains the Bruins as the Flames extended their winning streak to five games. "It's the only place I ever played. It will feel a little different. I'm not sure what to expect. I have talked to a few of the guys and they say I am going to have some jitters. I probably will. It will be a good experience though, as long as we win."
http://flames.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...ticleid=388805

Hopefully the Flames can make it a 6th straight win in Los Angeles and keep the streak going. Should be interesting to see how Cammalleri is received by the fans. It would be great to see him get a goal and have a big game in his return to LA. One guy I expect to have a big game, as he usually does against the Kings, is Langkow.

No word on the projected lines yet.

Go Flames!

Noori 10-31-2008 11:17 PM

Flames lose.

BehindEnemyLines 11-01-2008 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreakingRed (Post 16113495)
: Should be interesting to see how Cammalleri is received by the fans.

if i were at the game i'd :handclap:. he got traded and played hard for LA so no hard feelings..at least for me..

Pardy Time 11-01-2008 02:46 AM

4-2 Flames

Cammalleri (3)
Iginla

Kopitar
Brown

Walkingthroughforest 11-01-2008 06:11 AM

L.A always seems to be a battle for us when they're at home, so i'm not too optimistic

Torro 11-01-2008 11:38 AM

Cautiously optimistic tonight, LA has some players but they are not the toughest team we will face this month, or even weekend. Almost hoping Cammalleri doesn't keep up on the 90 point pace as I would like to see him re-signed for something around Langkow numbers for 2 or 3 years.

Hyde 11-01-2008 11:50 AM

Has only taken a gander at the Flames special teams so far.

5th in PP
7th in PK

flamesfan12 11-01-2008 02:02 PM

This is a game that scares me a bit. Is a game the flames should win, but I can see the flames struggling tonight and playing down to there opponents level. Hopefully that doesn't happen and the flames can keep the streak going.

Anyone word on if McElhinney is starting?

Go Flames Go

Noori 11-01-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torro (Post 16116875)
Cautiously optimistic tonight, LA has some players but they are not the toughest team we will face this month, or even weekend. Almost hoping Cammalleri doesn't keep up on the 90 point pace as I would like to see him re-signed for something around Langkow numbers for 2 or 3 years.

He's only 26. If he's resigned, I'd like to see it be a long term deal.

Hyde 11-01-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamesfan12 (Post 16118243)
Anyone word on if McElhinney is starting?

Kipper is starting.

Quote:

Miikka Kiprusoff gets an 11th consecutive start tonight. There are whispers Curtis McElhinney, who has been idle since the pre-season, may see his first action Sunday in Anaheim. Officially, Mike Keenan refuses to discuss his goaltending strategy, saying that the decision-making is made on a day-to-day basis.
http://communities.canada.com/calgar...challenge.aspx

Phaneufed 11-01-2008 04:29 PM

I'm sort of worried for this game, we're due to lose pretty soon, hopefully the team doesn't come in with the attitude that LA is easy pickings or we'll lose.

I'll say the Flames win 3-1.

Cammalleri with all 3 (yes I know that won't happen)

Hyde 11-01-2008 09:10 PM

GO FLAMES GO!

SSK* 11-01-2008 09:10 PM

OMG that singer was horrible. paris hilton would have sung the anthems better

Hyde 11-01-2008 09:17 PM

I really like how the Flames have started this game.

Grannys 11-01-2008 09:37 PM

I hope Bert is ok... he seemed to be in pain and was pointing to his back. We need him all season.

Grannys 11-01-2008 09:42 PM

Dump the puck on net hard.... and it goes in!!! Go Prust... or whoever put it in!!

Phaneufed 11-01-2008 09:42 PM

Prust skeoooress [/loubardious]

Hyde 11-01-2008 09:43 PM

Woo..... Really who here doesn't love the 4th line scoring.

flamesfan12 11-01-2008 09:50 PM

Like the way the flames played that first period. Good kill with Kipper being very solid. Kings had some momentum from the PP's, but the flames were able to get some of it back. Fourth line looks really good and nice to see them get that goal.

Hope Bert is ok. Hasn't missed a shift, but he did look like he was in some pain.

Keep it up boys. Really like the way this team is playing right now.

Lanny'sDaMan 11-01-2008 09:52 PM

Not a bad effort in the first period. Not the best d-zone coverage, but that was more than made up for with some fantastic offensive zone pressure and a great forecheck by, yup you guessed it, Primeau's line. They drew a penalty with their relentless forecheck and puck protection, and even strength scored the game's first goal.

The powerplay was not overly bad, but ineffective. I blame that again on the dump and chase method which I have complained about ad nauseum. The PK was spot on again tho that period, with Miikka standing on his ear to become the best killer on the ice. Tho it should be noted the post has twice been our best friend again.

One thing to complain about was the turnovers at the blueline. Come on guys better first passes, or at the very least smarter ones. Giordano was forced to make a stellar defensive play on one of the mroe heinous giveaways. Conroy, Conroy, Conroy... You of all people are smarter than this buddy.

Hyde 11-01-2008 10:01 PM

....and yet Lanny the Flames PP is ranked 5th in the NHL! So it can't be that ineffective. Mumbles deserves, praise really, odd how when the Flames are struggling, he is one of the first one..people throw under the bus but when things are going good.....nothing.

I agree, this last PP one didn't look sharp, passes were off, honestly though, I blame the ice not the sysem. Or was I the only one who thought the ice looked bad?

Lanny, I'm sorry if my post seems as though I am just being a critic, really I do admire the fact you post your thoughts for all of us to read.

Lanny'sDaMan 11-01-2008 10:04 PM

Hahah I actually keep hitting F5 waiting for you to disagree with me :D

Actually I wasn't harshing on the PP, only the dump and chase. It seems when we carry it in we get set up much faster and get better opportunities as a result.

Hyde 11-01-2008 10:12 PM

Now that was a BAD PP. They were being way, way too pretty.

TnT 11-01-2008 10:17 PM

I was not expecting a goal from that PP. And Todd gets an assist.

Phaneufed 11-01-2008 10:17 PM

Aucoin!! :yo: