HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Time to Send a Message Renney (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=568284)

silverfish 11-01-2008 10:57 PM

Time to Send a Message Renney

This team needs a big wake up call. They've played like absolute crap for a few games in a row now, and they need a wake up call.

Here's what I propose...SCRATCH DRURY. If he's the captain he's supposed to be, he'll take the benching. This also sends a team to the message and if they don't respond to their CAPTAIN being scratched for a game, then this team has no life.

This may be a bit of an overreaction to tonight's loss. But I don't want what happened to Ottawa last year (Redden must be swimming in deja vu) to happen the NYR this year.

Renney - do more than just give the team a good yelling, or making them do sprints. Time to send a bigger message, a message that hits the grand scheme of things.

It's still early, and I'm trying not to freak out. We'll bounce back on Tuesday, I hope.

LETS GO RANGERS.

Unk 11-01-2008 11:00 PM

I don't know if benching Drury for a game or two is the solution, but it's certainly better than some of the other ideas that've been floating around. ;)

crisb 11-01-2008 11:02 PM

A big wake up call at the top of the standings? You have got to be kidding me.

silverfish 11-01-2008 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRFan (Post 16129160)
A big wake up call at the top of the standings? You have got to be kidding me.

If you think this teams play has been one of a team who is the best in the NHL, it is you that needs the wake up call.

WhipNash27 11-01-2008 11:04 PM

I don't know if Drury needs to sit. However, he hasn't done much with the exception of that one game to prove otherwise.

Voros' boat has seemed to have sailed. Guy hasn't done anything in 6 games now. Maybe it's time to get him off Dubinsky's line.

Callahan-Gomez-Dawes line needs to go. Callahan has at least been scoring, Dawes has been brutal.

Get Prucha in, sit Dawes for a while.

Get Prucha on the PP and stop putting the so called "super line" on the PP because they suck.

Drury shouldn't be on the #1 unit. He's not the kind of player that should be your top PP guy. I don't think he was on the top unit on Buffalo either. Put him on PP #2, put either Prucha or Voros on the first unit.

Maybe
Z - Gomez - Prucha
Naslund - Dubinsky - Voros

Put Drury on the point actually in place of "I don't like to shoot the puck" Rozsival.

Right now, the PP sucks, and the total offense isn't much better. Sure the Rangers are winning, but they are are below #20 in the league in total offense. The defense has been rock solid, but it can't be there every night. Some guys need to score because the Rangers do get their chances. They almost always outshoot their opponent. It's not like they just sit back all game.

GWOW 11-01-2008 11:05 PM

I think "scratching him" is out of the question. Was Leetch or Messier ever a healthy scratch? Kisio? Jagr? They all had their struggles.

On the other hand, i have no problem with decreasing Drury's minutes by 1/3 and rewarding the Betts line more ice time and drop Drury off the 1st PP unit and add Callahan or Sjostrom. Keeping Drury on the bench during play will have the same effect.

Kalinin and Roszival need to be benched. Replace them with Potter and anything else with a pulse. We should be OK.

silverfish 11-01-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PruBlue25 (Post 16129205)
I don't know if Drury needs to sit. However, he hasn't done much with the exception of that one game to prove otherwise.

Voros' boat has seemed to have sailed. Guy hasn't done anything in 6 games now. Maybe it's time to get him off Dubinsky's line.

Callahan-Gomez-Dawes line needs to go. Callahan has at least been scoring, Dawes has been brutal.

Get Prucha on the PP and stop putting the so called "super line" on the PP because they suck.

Drury shouldn't be on the #1 unit. He's not the kind of player that should be your top PP guy. I don't think he was on the top unit on Buffalo either. Put him on PP #2, put either Prucha or Voros on the first unit.

I agree with everything in this post. Great post. I think you'd agree with me that the lines need a change, maybe something along this:

Naslund - Gomez - Callahan
Drury - Dubinsky - Zherdev
Voros - Korpikoski (get him back up) - Prucha
Sjostrom - Betts - Orr

PP unit 1:
Prucha - Gomez - Zherdev
Mara - Girardi

PP unit 2:
Drury - Dubinsky - Voros
Naslund - Redden

I don't know I'm spittin out my ass right now but I think something needs to be changed, and knowing Renney, something will change.

1Knee1T 11-01-2008 11:16 PM

Drury and Voros can't be on the same PP unit because they both do the same thing.

silverfish 11-01-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TullyNYR (Post 16129358)
Drury and Voros can't be on the same PP unit because they both do the same thing.

Well they better change their games...because they suck :p:

Ani simov mal 11-01-2008 11:32 PM

I know this will be surprising and I will prob get spammed for it but, bench Gomez for a bit. Iím not joking, what is he doing really? He canít score his passing, not that great. He gets in the zone but then looses it right away. One of the goals tonight were his fault (canít remember first or second)

FLYLine24* 11-01-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PruBlue25 (Post 16129205)

Maybe
Z - Gomez - Prucha
Naslund - Dubinsky - Voros

Put Drury on the point actually in place of "I don't like to shoot the puck" Rozsival.

Right now, the PP sucks, and the total offense isn't much better. Sure the Rangers are winning, but they are are below #20 in the league in total offense. The defense has been rock solid, but it can't be there every night. Some guys need to score because the Rangers do get their chances. They almost always outshoot their opponent. It's not like they just sit back all game.

Dawes stays....Fritshe gets the hell of the lineup and Prucha comes back in.

Even I was impressed with Prucha his last 2 games...I dont know why Renney took him out again for Fritshe.

John Torturella 11-01-2008 11:56 PM

Gotta love these boards. One bad loss and we have a meltdown. Just move on to the next game. Hank will be in there Tuesday and the Garden will be rockin' and we will get 2 points. Write it down.

TomLaidlaw 11-02-2008 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rang3rsfan30 (Post 16129573)
I know this will be surprising and I will prob get spammed for it but, bench Gomez for a bit. Iím not joking, what is he doing really? He canít score his passing, not that great. He gets in the zone but then looses it right away. One of the goals tonight were his fault (canít remember first or second)

Is this a serious post? If Gomez had a winger who could finish he would have 25 assists right now.

KSUpilot 11-02-2008 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motime42 (Post 16129850)
Gotta love these boards. One bad loss and we have a meltdown. Just move on to the next game. Hank will be in there Tuesday and the Garden will be rockin' and we will get 2 points. Write it down.

I agree. While the Rangers haven't been perfect so far, they have played really good. What we saw there was a meltdown in goal. Sure the Rangers could have put a few more points on the board instead of just holding out until the game ended, but in the end, you have to rely on your goalie to keep his cool and shake it off.

I Am Chariot 11-02-2008 12:20 AM

It's time for uncle Glen to make a deal.

Not really so much because of tonights 3rd period collapse.

It just needs to get done. Too many "just ok" players.

The D has been very very good imo. But the lines....

too many just ok players

NYR Viper 11-02-2008 12:21 AM

i understand its one game, but things need to change....the lines i want to see renney try out are:

naslund-gomez-callahan
drury-dubinsky-zherdev
sjostrom-korpikoski-prucha
voros-betts-orr

sjostrom deserves to be up higher on the lines.....he has been one of the better rangers on the ice for the past 5 games.....korpikoski, IMO looked like the best of the group of dawes, prucha, fritsche, rissmiller......he has the size, the speed and the defensive awareness and has the highest upside....let that thid line buzz around and forecheck the other team and work hard for their chances....

NYR Viper 11-02-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodhisattva (Post 16130090)
It's time for uncle Glen to make a deal.

Not really so much because of tonights 3rd period collapse.

It just needs to get done. Too many "just ok" players.

i agree.....it needs to start with getting rid of the following:

fritsche
prucha
rissmiller

see if he can grab an actual goal scorer for gomez....

I Am Chariot 11-02-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 16130104)
i agree.....it needs to start with getting rid of the following:

fritsche
prucha
rissmiller

see if he can grab an actual goal scorer for gomez....

Uncle Glen likes to try and steal the deal, but not this time. This time he'll have to give to get.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 11-02-2008 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 (Post 16129084)
This team needs a big wake up call. They've played like absolute crap for a few games in a row now, and they need a wake up call.

Here's what I propose...SCRATCH DRURY. If he's the captain he's supposed to be, he'll take the benching. This also sends a team to the message and if they don't respond to their CAPTAIN being scratched for a game, then this team has no life.

This may be a bit of an overreaction to tonight's loss. But I don't want what happened to Ottawa last year (Redden must be swimming in deja vu) to happen the NYR this year.

Renney - do more than just give the team a good yelling, or making them do sprints. Time to send a bigger message, a message that hits the grand scheme of things.

It's still early, and I'm trying not to freak out. We'll bounce back on Tuesday, I hope.

LETS GO RANGERS.

Yep. This team needs a mesage. Bench everyone. Come on.

NYR Viper 11-02-2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodhisattva (Post 16130131)
Uncle Glen likes to try and steal the deal, but not this time. This time he'll have to give to get.

agreed....i mean just watching the game tonight, a player like kulemin....i know a player like that is hard to find but a player who likes to play with speed and bury the puck......

i mean im all for sather trying to steal the deals.....heck i love the zherdev move.....but how often do those happen?....

i have said it before, rozsival, IMO needs to be moved in order to find someone who can finish the ******* puck

Kind of Blue 11-02-2008 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 (Post 16129084)

LETS GO RANGERS.

Don't ever go into coaching.

qwertyaas 11-02-2008 01:28 AM

I said it before throughout the past month and I'll say it again. Despite what our record shows, this team doesn't show up for full games, at all. It's amazing that we won most of the games by just playing 20minutes in the third period. There are a lot of games were the Rags are out-skated, but still come out with the win. How to get them to actually play a full 60 minutes? I have no idea. The closest to it is the fourth line, which puts out the most effort game after game.

Playing one period a game will not lead to win streaks all season. Playing like they did tonight will not lead to a winning season. People can say Toronto sucks all they want, they went out there to win. The Rags, they were just there.

Renney needs to find a way for the team to go out there and skate all game, not just a period or two. That and the PP are the biggest issues at the moment.

Take the Atlanta game as an example. We won 3-2. Philly beat them 7-0 before us, and the Devils beat them 6-1 tonight. Odd that when we played them, we could have lost the game. Renney needs to light a fire under the team. They have the pieces, but the effort and drive needs to be there too.

GregNYR19 11-02-2008 01:25 AM

i mean i love chris drury but he needs to f'ing wake up...yea its one loss but i mean come on....is this gonna be a rough november?? they played like crap tonight theres no excuse. drury seriously needs to wake up and hes killing my fantasy stats

GregNYR19 11-02-2008 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greek fan (Post 16130589)
Don't ever go into coaching.

i really agree with u

darrenturcotte#8 11-02-2008 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragshockey88 (Post 16130942)
i mean i love chris drury but he needs to f'ing wake up...yea its one loss but i mean come on....is this gonna be a rough november?? they played like crap tonight theres no excuse. drury seriously needs to wake up and hes killing my fantasy stats

Chris Drury is the best 3rd line center in the league. He can score up to 60 something points if he gets PP time. Just because Sather is a moron doesnt mean he's going to score like a $7 mill/yr player. If you gave me $7 mill I couldn't score 70 points in the NHL either. Hes a winner, he's a leader and he makes the smart play most of the time. He would step in front of a train to prevent it from scoring and he cares about his team and winning. I will never have a problem with Chris Drury. He's just worth $4-$5 mill/yr tops.