HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Dear Preds: (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=568800)

Joe T Choker 11-03-2008 05:12 PM

Dear Preds:

This is my want for a signing this offseason

Enoch 11-03-2008 05:28 PM

No joke. Our ice is absolute dog crap too many times each season.

Paranoid Android 11-03-2008 07:31 PM

They have an excuse for Saturday night, the NIN concert was held the night before (which was not bad considering I don't even like them)

Joe T Choker 11-03-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predanerd (Post 16152982)
They have an excuse for Saturday night, the NIN concert was held the night before (which was not bad considering I don't even like them)

The ice is always that ****** ... they never have the building cold enough either ... its foulkeing ridiculous ... this team/organization needs to get with it or move the foulke on, because losing players like Shea Weber the way we lost him last season shouldn't happen every season

triggrman 11-04-2008 02:02 AM

Actually heard the ice is rated middle of the pack. You want bad ice, that crap we had at the sportplex tonight was horrible.

nine_inch_fang 11-04-2008 06:30 AM

Um...Dave do you have a clue what you are talking about?

Enoch 11-04-2008 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 16158567)
Actually heard the ice is rated middle of the pack. You want bad ice, that crap we had at the sportplex tonight was horrible.

I have heard this as well. Still, I think Dave has a point. We have an obvious solution to make our ice even better. If it is feasible, it needs to be done.

nine_inch_fang 11-06-2008 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch (Post 16159505)
I have heard this as well. Still, I think Dave has a point. We have an obvious solution to make our ice even better. If it is feasible, it needs to be done.

Well, permanent dehumidifiers would be nice but I don't know which would cost more buying or installing them. The feasibility of installing that kind of equipment in our existing building is questionable. What kind of extra space is there for the air handler that has the desiccant wheel and evaporating coil and the compressors that are needed to cool the air after the dehumidifying process? Do you put one huge unit in or several small units around the arena? Is there enough capacity in the electrical system to run this equipment? I could list several other questions that noone here could answer that makes this a lot harder than some think.

Temporary dehumidifiers are much easier. You can just block off a sidewalk or lane of a one-way road, set the stuff out there, and make peoples skin crack as they walk through the door. Oh and don't forget to bring in the diesel tanker to keep the generators running.