HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hlavac, Nedved, Kovalev line. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=56896)

klingsor 02-29-2004 08:45 AM

Hlavac, Nedved, Kovalev line.

It's painfully obvious that it doesn't work.

Alex and Petr's trade value goes down every game this line stays together.

If we want to get the most value for either of them put Kovalev back with Rucinsky and Holik. Put Jagr on Nedved's right and anybody BUT Hlavac on Nedved's left.

I'm not talking about making the team better, only making Petr and Alex appear more valuable.

Laches 02-29-2004 08:54 AM

That Hlavac is even on the roster at this point, much less logging icetime on the top three lines is one of the most incomphrenesible decisions of Sather's tenure here, and that's saying a lot. He hasn't scored a goal since November for God's sake.

Bringing him back was a good thought, we really had nothing to lose, but the plug should have been pulled on this experiment months ago.

I think it's going to be hard to build trade value for anyone on this team at this point, but playing Alex, Petr or anyone else with Hlavac can only hurt it.

Fletch 02-29-2004 09:27 AM

It's a retarded line...

I've said it from day 1 that Nedved and Kovalev together do not make any sense. They clash. There's no complementary play. They can play as hard as they want but their styles mesh so badly that they will not be effective. Nedved likes to go with the puck at 100 MPH and try and get something done on the rush. Kovalev likes to slow things down and make things happen. Whether along the boards, or what-have-you. He was successful with guys like Randy Robitaille and Morozov because those guys kept it simple. Got him the puck when possible and crowded the front of the net for the inevitable pass or shot. Nedved's a puck carrier - so is Kovalev - why are they together? It's really been irking me all season.

And don't get me started on Hlavac. Not sure why that experiment's still going on. Wiseman or Moore could benefit and provide more from that side than Hlavac. It's gotten silly (almost as silly as Holik being the top line center on this team).

AXN 02-29-2004 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klingsor

If we want to get the most value for either of them put Kovalev back with Rucinsky and Holik. Put Jagr on Nedved's right and anybody BUT Hlavac on Nedved's left.

I'm not talking about making the team better, only making Petr and Alex appear more valuable.

I think Kavalev on Holik's right is fine but who do you put on Nedved's left?
Hlavac is horrible. Only four goals the whole year and not a physical player.

klingsor 02-29-2004 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AXN
Hlavac is horrible. Only four goals the whole year and not a physical player.

I'm no used car salesman, but maybe Simon?

Don't care if it messes up other lines, just trying to give Nedved and Kovalev a new paint job asap.

True Blue 02-29-2004 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AXN

Who cares? Anything at this point is an upgrade. Why not put Lundmark there insteadof letting a kid languish on the 4th line. Or how about bringing up Moore? Y' know, those players that we should be looking to give as much ice time to as possible given that this season is all but over and there may not be a next season. Let's give the guys that could really benefit from the ice time. But not our Rangers. No. We get to watch the Messier farewell tour in full blast. That and the obvioulsy beneficial ice time that Hlavac is recieving.
Hlavac II as bad as Tik III? :dunno:

Fletch 02-29-2004 03:14 PM

Worse than Tik III...

because Tik III lasted about 35 games, about ten of which his role had diminished somewhat. Hlavac's gone on waay too long. Just got to view a typical Hlavac shift. Two neutral zone turnovers and a dump in. There's a reason why Jagr's being kept off that line (since recently Kovalev played well on Holik's right but was removed in favor of Jagr).

AXN 02-29-2004 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klingsor

After watching Trashers game.
Trade Nedved and Kovalev ASAP.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Janerixon 02-29-2004 05:34 PM

hlavac-nedved-kovalev

the worst 2nd line in the NHL period... if we could trade away nedved and kovalev before the enxt thrasher game and waive hlavac, call up moore, murray, and dusablon

lines
rucinsky-holik-jagr
simon-moore-barnaby
lundmark-messier-ortmeyer
lacouture-murray-dusablon

id be very happy if we just tried that lineup

Fish 02-29-2004 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
Who cares? Anything at this point is an upgrade. Why not put Lundmark there insteadof letting a kid languish on the 4th line. Or how about bringing up Moore? Y' know, those players that we should be looking to give as much ice time to as possible given that this season is all but over and there may not be a next season. Let's give the guys that could really benefit from the ice time. But not our Rangers. No. We get to watch the Messier farewell tour in full blast. That and the obvioulsy beneficial ice time that Hlavac is recieving.
Hlavac II as bad as Tik III? :dunno:

I'm with you on Lundmark...why not right? You figure he and Jagr are going to be around for a while.

On Moore, I think they want to keep him at center so that's why they've been reluctant to call him up...