HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Markov back to 2002-2003 shape? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=56915)

plafleur10 02-29-2004 10:43 AM

Markov back to 2002-2003 shape?

With Souray injured, have you noticed how more ice time (save for the time spent in Russia after his father passed away) has turned around Markov's play. His last 2 games have been outstanding!

Mooch 02-29-2004 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plafleur10
With Souray injured, have you noticed how more ice time (save for the time spent in Russia after his father passed away) has turned around Markov's play. His last 2 games have been outstanding!

i havent seen the habs play the last two games, but i agree based on what people have been saying about him.

The habs are really gona be a young and exciting team next season :yo:

#44_delivers 02-29-2004 02:59 PM

not the last 2 games but the whole month of march markov waz a freek'n beast(except those games he missed for his dads death).

he's playing like his old self again you cant keep that offencive intincts off his game for to long :].

habitual_hab 02-29-2004 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plafleur10

For whatever reason markov has been playing great of late! I was keeping an eye on him last night and he was a technician out there. One play in the Habs' zone he goes into the corner boards with a Carolina player and instead of taking the body as such he positions himself so he can take out the Carolina player and his stick while kicking the puck out to a waiting Hab player at the point. Awesome play.

jacklours 02-29-2004 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers
not the last 2 games but the whole month of march markov waz a freek'n beast(except those games he missed for his dads death).

he's playing like his old self again you cant keep that offencive intincts off his game for to long :].

I happy to know that you know Markov will be a beast in March. We'll need him for the playoff race

#44_delivers 02-29-2004 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacklours
I happy to know that you know Markov will be a beast in March. We'll need him for the playoff race

woops im getting ahead of myself i meant february, but yes he will be a monster in march as well :yo:

plafleur10 02-29-2004 04:21 PM

Ice time

For the better players, added ice time is a big factor in getting their performance to the next level. I am sure Markov suffered a little bit from the extra (and well deserevd) ice time got, aprticularly on the power play. It is not a coincidence that markov's game has picked up exactly after Souray got injured.It is going to be Julien's challenge to find quality ice time for Markov even after Souray returns...

jacklours 02-29-2004 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers
woops im getting ahead of myself i meant february, but yes he will be a monster in march as well :yo:

Hahaha i'm crossing my fingers to

plafleur10 03-06-2004 11:18 AM

Markov going strong

Another great game by Andrei vs Yotes. I held my breath when he got skaken up in the 3rd period. Right now, he is one of our 3 or 4 MVPs, pretty much as untouchable trade-wise (at least I hope so, they had a Markov for o'Neil rumor on another board)

Mats NAslund 03-06-2004 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitual_hab
For whatever reason markov has been playing great of late! I was keeping an eye on him last night and he was a technician out there. One play in the Habs' zone he goes into the corner boards with a Carolina player and instead of taking the body as such he positions himself so he can take out the Carolina player and his stick while kicking the puck out to a waiting Hab player at the point. Awesome play.

I'll give you 3 reason's why he's playing back to last years level.

1. His father's illness weighed heavily on him, now that his father has passed (God rest his soul) he can concetrate on hockey again.

2. He was njured for the most part of the first half the year and trying to play through it.

3. Claude Julien has finaly given him the ice time he needs to be successful. He's finaly realized that Markov is far more valuable then Bouillon who's ice time has decreased since the emmergance of Markov. Don't get me wrong Bouillon plays hard but he's no Markov. No way should Bouillon log anywhere close the minutes Markov and or Sourray do, if he does the Habs are in trouble!

Blackshad 03-06-2004 05:54 PM

We have a very good defence...
We have..
Souray.. a 1-2 dman
Markov a 2 dman
Brisebois a 3 dman
rivet a 4 dman
bouillon a 4 dman
Quintal a 5 dman
thats very good.

didjuicythat 03-06-2004 06:24 PM

It's all about getting to be more consistant as far as Markov is concerned, in my opinion. He has played pretty good games all season long, but has also played horrendous games. Andrei is starting to be more regular, and is getting rewarded for this steady play with 25 minutes of ice time per game lately. We all know he is a smart player that can contribute hugely in many aspects, Gainey and Julien know it too. That's why he's getting #1 defenseman ice time right now.

He's starting to get more confident, and most importantly, he's learning to become more consistant with his performances. Keep up the work, Andrei...

Mike8 03-06-2004 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackshad
We have a very good defence...
We have..
Souray.. a 1-2 dman
Markov a 2 dman
Brisebois a 3 dman
rivet a 4 dman
bouillon a 4 dman
Quintal a 5 dman
thats very good.

I'd like to see more of a physical presence in the top four. Souray's all alone there. Rivet and Bouillon aren't legitimate top four defensemen either. Rivet's fine in a depth (bottom pairing) capacity and Bouillon's exceeded expectations this year, but he's still a fringe defenseman.

Add a physical defenseman who's sound defensively as a number three guy, and the defense is looking great.

Here's hoping Komisarek can fill those shoes.

zednik 20 fan 03-06-2004 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8
I'd like to see more of a physical presence in the top four. Souray's all alone there. Rivet and Bouillon aren't legitimate top four defensemen either. Rivet's fine in a depth (bottom pairing) capacity and Bouillon's exceeded expectations this year, but he's still a fringe defenseman.

Add a physical defenseman who's sound defensively as a number three guy, and the defense is looking great.

Here's hoping Komisarek can fill those shoes.

Agreed... And Quintal + Rivet logged way too many minutes... it is so dangerous when i see them out there. Only if Komi can step up and replace them, i see we need another body on the blue lines