HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Sherwood Drolet to acquire TPS Hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=569775)

Flyboy34 11-06-2008 03:36 PM

Sherwood Drolet to acquire TPS Hockey
 
French: http://www.cyberpresse.ca/la-tribune...concurrent.php

Google Translation: http://translate.google.com/translat...-8&sl=fr&tl=en

After months of speculation, Sher-Wood is in the process of finilizing it's takeover bid of TPS Hockey.

iceman_88888888 11-06-2008 05:38 PM

i never would have seen this coming. but with all the other hockey companies merging, this would have been inevitable.

i'm curious; if tps is merging, is the louisville brand in other sports going as well?

Magic33 11-06-2008 06:25 PM

Ill find out. my best friend owns tps

iceman_88888888 11-06-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic33 (Post 16195273)
Ill find out. my best friend owns tps

no kidding!? if they're gonna still be a distinct entity after being bought out (like ccm is with rbk), should see if he needs a product tester cuz i'd love to do it :D

Magic33 11-06-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceman_88888888 (Post 16195383)
no kidding!? if they're gonna still be a distinct entity after being bought out (like ccm is with rbk), should see if he needs a product tester cuz i'd love to do it :D

Ha ha, im a goalie and all my stuff is TPS. He lets me try all of the new stuff. Hopefully he'll still be able to hook me up!

We'reGonnaWin* 11-07-2008 03:06 AM

Please, please bring back some XN10 shafts.

StrykerB 11-07-2008 06:19 AM

Is this really true. That original link didn't work for me and there is nothing else out there on the internet that I can find.

ModSquad 11-07-2008 12:44 PM

There is much more to the story that isn't being said. You won't see any XN10 sticks...

StrykerB 11-07-2008 01:55 PM

Confirmed?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSquad (Post 16208381)
There is much more to the story that isn't being said. You won't see any XN10 sticks...

Yeah sure pull one of my favorite sticks. Why just XN10s? What about the rest of the line?

And what else is being said? You just can't put something out there like that and not elaborate on it.

Is it confirmed that they have been bought out by Sherwood (which was also just bought out?) Other links besides the one at the top of the post??

I hear you guys from ModSquad have "special" relationships with a lot of the manufacturers.....so you know something! Let's hear it!

ModSquad 11-07-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrykerB (Post 16209164)
Yeah sure pull one of my favorite sticks. Why just XN10s? What about the rest of the line?

And what else is being said? You just can't put something out there like that and not elaborate on it.

Is it confirmed that they have been bought out by Sherwood (which was also just bought out?) Other links besides the one at the top of the post??

I hear you guys from ModSquad have "special" relationships with a lot of the manufacturers.....so you know something! Let's hear it!


Sure I can...LOL

Nothing is finalized, but from what I am hearing, it won't be what TPS fans/users want to hear.

Flyboy34 11-07-2008 03:50 PM

At this point the bid has been accepted which means it is pretty much going to happen. All of the deal-breakers to this point have been overcome. Sher-Wood will continue to develop their high-end goalie line, while most of the composite will be TPS designed product with Sher-Wood graphics. Thats about all I can say at this point.

sbutler66 11-09-2008 07:17 AM

I don't think any of the technologies or patents will transfer over to Sher-Wood

ModSquad 11-09-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbutler66 (Post 16235002)
I don't think any of the technologies or patents will transfer over to Sher-Wood

Thanks for the assist, Steve. :)

sbutler66 11-10-2008 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSquad (Post 16245716)
Thanks for the assist, Steve. :)


No worries JR ;)

Magic33 11-10-2008 04:42 PM

Seems as though all the TPS stuff will continue to say TPS (kind of like Reebok and CCM). All baseball TPS will be transfered back to the american owners. My buddy said its almost done, Sher wood wasn;t the only bidder. He'll let me know more when his Dad finalizes everything.

ModSquad 11-10-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic33 (Post 16254475)
Seems as though all the TPS stuff will continue to say TPS (kind of like Reebok and CCM). All baseball TPS will be transfered back to the american owners. My buddy said its almost done, Sher wood wasn;t the only bidder. He'll let me know more when his Dad finalizes everything.

Bad info.

The new distributor for H&B Canada is DR. TPS is dead as you knew it.

I'm assuming you know John Pagotto's son?

Ziostilon 03-19-2009 01:46 AM

so did this finalize?

but are new TPS sticks still going to be branded under TPS or is it completely gone.
Will TPS still have their own division, and continue to use its prior technologies and patents

CanadaBacon 03-19-2009 05:46 AM

Was talking to a TPS rep today and i think i should clarify some things. TPS will live on as you know it. The 2009 gear is coming out soon (got to try out the new twiggers and they are fantastic). TPS has been bought by Sherwood. ALL TECHNOLOGY THAT HAS MADE TPS WHAT TPS IS IS STILL THERE. Really nothing has changed except you can switch Louisville for Sherwood. Gear is dirty!

I have always been a TPS guy, i mean literally always (gloves and sticks). I was worried the same as alot of you. You now longer need to worry TPS is still TPS.

difren 03-19-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaBacon (Post 18603514)
Was talking to a TPS rep today and i think i should clarify some things. TPS will live on as you know it. The 2009 gear is coming out soon (got to try out the new twiggers and they are fantastic). TPS has been bought by Sherwood. ALL TECHNOLOGY THAT HAS MADE TPS WHAT TPS IS IS STILL THERE. Really nothing has changed except you can switch Louisville for Sherwood. Gear is dirty!

I have always been a TPS guy, i mean literally always (gloves and sticks). I was worried the same as alot of you. You now longer need to worry TPS is still TPS.

That's good to know. I'm a fan of the TPS products I've used, namely the sticks and gloves. I'm also pretty big on Sherwood products, so the two working together can be a good thing. Good to know I can still pick up my next set of gloves from TPS though.

Ziostilon 03-19-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by difren (Post 18605855)
That's good to know. I'm a fan of the TPS products I've used, namely the sticks and gloves. I'm also pretty big on Sherwood products, so the two working together can be a good thing. Good to know I can still pick up my next set of gloves from TPS though.

are we gonna see some TPS technology incoporated into sherwood stuff, and vice-versa

TBLfan 03-19-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaBacon (Post 18603514)
Was talking to a TPS rep today and i think i should clarify some things. TPS will live on as you know it. The 2009 gear is coming out soon (got to try out the new twiggers and they are fantastic). TPS has been bought by Sherwood. ALL TECHNOLOGY THAT HAS MADE TPS WHAT TPS IS IS STILL THERE. Really nothing has changed except you can switch Louisville for Sherwood. Gear is dirty!

I have always been a TPS guy, i mean literally always (gloves and sticks). I was worried the same as alot of you. You now longer need to worry TPS is still TPS.

Yeah, new plan after the initial plan was released. This news broke just before the show in Vegas.

ajgoalie30 03-26-2009 02:57 PM

I've tried asking this question multiple, multiple times, and no one even seems to have the slightest idea. I'm looking to get a hold of the TPS R10 gear, "right now just the glove" I want to be able to try the gear on before I make the purchase. Perani's doesn't have the gear there in stock and basically has no clue when they will be getting any R10 goalie gear. So does anyone know where i can try on any R10 gear? "Looking to customize them though."-thanks

CanadaBacon 03-29-2009 05:26 PM

National Sports in Hamilton, right across from Limeridge, is selling R8's for 249! Even R6's are like 180. Friggin crazy. I picked up an R10 on wed from SFS in Burlington for 259.

They even had this Nash reg R1, chrome edition for 100 bucks! a friggin R1!

Anyways, still going to be about two maybe three months for the new twigs to come out so dont see the prices dropping for abit.

94now 04-22-2009 11:04 AM

My R8 glove says "made in Thailand". I guess Canada is out of it.

CanadaBacon 04-25-2009 07:19 AM

I dont think the gloves or any of the protective eq was ever made in Canada. Not at home so i cant check my old gloves. The woodies, R8 and R10 are though.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.