HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Vancouver interested in Kovalev (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=57115)

Adore 02-29-2004 08:22 PM

Vancouver interested in Kovalev

Bruce Garrioch

- There's word the Vancouver Canucks were interested in Peter Bondra and Robert Lang before they were dealt by the Caps. Apparently GM Brian Burke offered Brendan Morrison and two draft picks for Lang but Caps GM George McPhee passed because Morrison has arbitration rights this summer

- The Canucks are believed to be interested in Alexei Kovalev.

Draft Guru 02-29-2004 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adore
Bruce Garrioch

- There's word the Vancouver Canucks were interested in Peter Bondra and Robert Lang before they were dealt by the Caps. Apparently GM Brian Burke offered Brendan Morrison and two draft picks for Lang but Caps GM George McPhee passed because Morrison has arbitration rights this summer

I highly doubt Vancouver offered Morrison for Lang.

Barnaby 02-29-2004 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft Guru
I highly doubt Vancouver offered Morrison for Lang.

Yea, that doesnt make any sense. They need a legit second line scorer, not too trade their #1 center for a higher paid #1 center.

Barnaby 02-29-2004 10:00 PM

Quote:

Ill do that deal yesterday... If we can get a good pick and good prospect then Im all over it.

Edge 02-29-2004 11:28 PM

i could see them making the offer.

Morrison is a nice player but ideally a second line center. Robert Lang {as he showed tonight in detroit} could be a very dangerous player on the top line.

morrison is good, but Lang is the superior center.

Barnaby 02-29-2004 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
i could see them making the offer.

Morrison is a nice player but ideally a second line center. Robert Lang {as he showed tonight in detroit} could be a very dangerous player on the top line.

morrison is good, but Lang is the superior center.

Maybe, but considering salary and Morrisons chemistry with the Nucks top players I wouldnt expect it.

Edge 03-01-2004 01:18 AM

i agree, i think it wasnt likely but stranger things have happened.

having said that, if vancouver trades for anyone they are gonna be looking to surrender and a first and maybe a younger player, not their center.

Adore 03-01-2004 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
i agree, i think it wasnt likely but stranger things have happened.

having said that, if vancouver trades for anyone they are gonna be looking to surrender and a first and maybe a younger player, not their center.

What do you guys think is a fair price for Vancouver to get Kovalev?

Janerixon 03-01-2004 05:52 PM

Quote:

What do you guys think is a fair price for Vancouver to get Kovalev?

a high prospect and an early pick would do it for me, however were not going to get umberger, kesler, or even koltsov... id be willing to include poti and some cash if koltsov could be thrown into the trade but as for now tomas mojzis and a high pick seems to be the best possible deal that burke could offer to sather and sather should bite

Shane 03-01-2004 06:07 PM

As a Vancouver fan, I say we'd damn well better be interested in Kovalev. He's the perfect winger for the Sedins, someone who'll shoot the puck.

I'd say Kovalev could easily fetch a 1st and a high-end prospect. Maybe not Mojzis, but possibly Reid or Bernier. I think Burke should stop being so stubborn and just trade Umberger. He's not going to sign with Vancouver, that's been established.

Umberger and a 1st for say, Kovalev and a 3rd is probably fair value.

ddheyman 03-01-2004 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane
As a Vancouver fan, I say we'd damn well better be interested in Kovalev. He's the perfect winger for the Sedins, someone who'll shoot the puck.

I'd say Kovalev could easily fetch a 1st and a high-end prospect. Maybe not Mojzis, but possibly Reid or Bernier. I think Burke should stop being so stubborn and just trade Umberger. He's not going to sign with Vancouver, that's been established.

Umberger and a 1st for say, Kovalev and a 3rd is probably fair value.

Were do I sign up?

Adore 03-01-2004 08:04 PM

It's a matter of principle with burke.

Do you think that a 1st round pick will ever again try and play hard ball with him?

Not chance, no way they will be willing to lose a year of development like R.J. is.

I would definately be willing to give up Reid and a 2nd rounder or a first and we swap 2nd's.

Janerixon 03-01-2004 08:33 PM

Quote:

It's a matter of principle with burke.

Do you think that a 1st round pick will ever again try and play hard ball with him?

Not chance, no way they will be willing to lose a year of development like R.J. is.

I would definately be willing to give up Reid and a 2nd rounder or a first and we swap 2nd's.

the rangers dont make that trade, we have enough smallish foward prospects in our system in prucha, roche, crabb, and dawes... what we lack is stay at home defensemen prospects and big north american style fowards (besides jessiman, murray, and falardeau)

for a player of kovalev's magnitude you are going to have to give up a solid prospect, again i think u wont have to part w/ one of your top 3 in koltsov, umberger and kesler but if i was sather i would demand mojzis and a high pick at least

Barnaby 03-01-2004 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon
(besides jessiman, murray, and falardeau)

Falardeau..... scratch him off that list, he's a joke. He's lucky he even got drafted at all.

Shane 03-01-2004 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon
the rangers dont make that trade, we have enough smallish foward prospects in our system in prucha, roche, crabb, and dawes... what we lack is stay at home defensemen prospects and big north american style fowards (besides jessiman, murray, and falardeau)

for a player of kovalev's magnitude you are going to have to give up a solid prospect, again i think u wont have to part w/ one of your top 3 in koltsov, umberger and kesler but if i was sather i would demand mojzis and a high pick at least

Well, Mojzis is about as small as they come. He's an offensive, finesse defenseman.

Umberger is not one of our top three prospects. Ideally, if he'd sign for Vancouver, he would be. He's worth a mid-2nd round pick (what we'll get as compensation) to us right now.

Our top three prospects are Kesler, Koltsov and then your pick of Auld, King, or Fedorov. Normally Fedorov would be excluded, but he's gotten a call-up recently and has been phenomenal. Hopefully he's finally figured out what a little thing called "effort" is.

Barnaby 03-01-2004 09:49 PM

Quote:

Hopefully he's finally figured out what a little thing called "effort" is.

Being the Rangers the last thing we need is another player with questionable effort. Umberger interests me though.

Umberger and a 1st for Kovalev and a 4th?

Janerixon 03-01-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

Well, Mojzis is about as small as they come. He's an offensive, finesse defenseman.

Umberger is not one of our top three prospects. Ideally, if he'd sign for Vancouver, he would be. He's worth a mid-2nd round pick (what we'll get as compensation) to us right now.

Our top three prospects are Kesler, Koltsov and then your pick of Auld, King, or Fedorov. Normally Fedorov would be excluded, but he's gotten a call-up recently and has been phenomenal. Hopefully he's finally figured out what a little thing called "effort" is.

hes 22, 6'1 and 190 pounds... thats defintely not as small as they come and he could get up to 200 or 200+, now i have never seen him play so im sure you know more than me but his scouting reports say he is good in the defensive zone and focuses more on defense than offense, but has offensive skills... sounds like the type of defensemen this team needs, someone committed to playing their position and not trying to be a nomad

we shall see, but im not sure we trade for umberger unless we can defintely sign him