HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Anze Kopitar and Dustin Brown vs. Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=571260)

Hale The Villain 11-11-2008 12:01 AM

Anze Kopitar and Dustin Brown vs. Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry
 
Which duo would you take?

Should be a fun one, a poll between two close rivals ;)

LAX attack* 11-11-2008 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza (Post 16260606)
Which duo would you take?

Should be a fun one, a poll between two close rivals ;)

This has been done quite a few times before

For my money, Kopitar and Brown will long term be the best

Beakermania* 11-11-2008 02:03 AM

Very Close... but I'm taking The Ducks duo... but its not a big win.

Bruinsfan_37 11-11-2008 07:35 AM

The Ducks duo

Celestial Black 11-11-2008 08:39 AM

Ducks duo but it is close.

Sean Garrity 11-12-2008 12:25 AM

This will be a good poll I think, but it's been done many times.

FLYLine24* 11-12-2008 12:26 AM

Wow, this was a tough poll....i went with the Ducks duo....but it was VERY close.

serge2k 11-12-2008 12:56 AM

I'm going with the kings on the basis that I hate Perry...

plus I like Brown a lot.

ronnyweed 11-12-2008 01:09 AM

brown + kopitar (including tonite) = 24 points
getzlaf = 19 pts
perry = 18 points

3 of these players were taken in 2003, and kopitar in 2005... all 4 are relied heavily to produce for their teams, and ill give the edge to the duo who won the cup and are outperforming this year... look how bad the ducks were until getz and perry picked up their game

aegwillnotwinthecup* 11-12-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnyweed (Post 16279877)
brown + kopitar (including tonite) = 24 points
getzlaf = 19 pts
perry = 18 points

3 of these players were taken in 2003, and kopitar in 2005... all 4 are relied heavily to produce for their teams, and ill give the edge to the duo who won the cup and are outperforming this year... look how bad the ducks were until getz and perry picked up their game

Yeah, because points mean everything.

BTW, Perry and Getzlaf have played three more games than Kopitar/Brown. Kopitar was in a similar slump as Getzlaf to start off the season, but is in the middle of breaking out of it. 5 points in his past two games.

Brown will crack 30 goals again, but won't put up as many points because he's too busy being a captain and annihilating little pansies like Corey Perry.

And if Kopitar and Brown could have played second fiddle to veteran all stars like Scott Neidermayer, Chris Pronger, JS Giguere, and Teemu Selanne, they would have won a Cup, too.

Sean Garrity 11-12-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup (Post 16287937)
Yeah, because points mean everything.

BTW, Perry and Getzlaf have played three more games than Kopitar/Brown. Kopitar was in a similar slump as Getzlaf to start off the season, but is in the middle of breaking out of it. 5 points in his past two games.

Brown will crack 30 goals again, but won't put up as many points because he's too busy being a captain and annihilating little pansies like Corey Perry.

And if Kopitar and Brown could have played second fiddle to veteran all stars like Scott Neidermayer, Chris Pronger, JS Giguere, and Teemu Selanne, they would have won a Cup, too.

haha so much hate! I love it! But they played second fiddle to no one on the team during re cup run, except maybe the should have been conn smythe winner. Plus I highly doubt brown would ever even get the opportunity to "annihilate" perry, I don't see it happening. Good venting though.

aegwillnotwinthecup* 11-12-2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karacter (Post 16288145)
haha so much hate! I love it! But they played second fiddle to no one on the team during re cup run, except maybe the should have been conn smythe winner. Plus I highly doubt brown would ever even get the opportunity to "annihilate" perry, I don't see it happening. Good venting though.

Yeah, Perry turtles. I forgot.

:)

Benny Lava 11-12-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup (Post 16288314)
Yeah, Perry turtles. I forgot.

:)

Corey Perry fights with his visor on, runs goalies and throws the occasional cheap shot, but he never turtles. Get your facts straight.

Henrique Iglesias 11-12-2008 05:08 PM

Kings duo but its REALLY close.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 11-12-2008 05:08 PM

Good poll. But being as close as it is, I've gotta take the guys with proven Cup experience.

Luongo2008* 11-12-2008 05:49 PM

Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry.

Very close, Good poll. I always like when results are very close. And very interesting.

ADD-devil950003 11-12-2008 05:52 PM

Getzlaf and Perry......i like brown and kopitar alot also but i think they get edged slightly

PACaptain 11-12-2008 05:58 PM

I give the slightest of edges to Getzlaf and Perry.

HockeyThoughts 11-12-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KP (Post 16288889)
Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry.

Very close, Good poll. I always like when results are very close. And very interesting.

I agree with your statement. (all of it)

Buddy The Elf 11-12-2008 06:16 PM

I picked the Kings players because I'm a homer. I think Getzlaf and Perry are probably the two better players at this point. However, Brown obviously has the ability to just kill people which I love and can't really be measured in stats. Kopitar is also younger than the other three and probably has the most room to improve still. Getzlaf is probably the best player out of the three right now even though it pains me to say it. I hate the guy but he is good. Corey Perry I am less impressed with and mainly because of his antics and his little ***** look he has. I'd much rather have Brown or Kopitar over Perry.

I can't stand the way Getzlaf and Perry look. Ryan Getzlaf has a permanent "I smelled a nasty fart" look on his face. Perry looks like a little whiny *****. Maybe I am wrong but whenever I watch Ducks games it seems like these two constantly ***** to the refs too. That is very annoying.

And it works both ways because Anze Kopitar looks like he hasn't slept since 1995 and Dustin Brown may have rode the short bus to school at one time.

For the record, Corey Perry was leveled by Rob Blake last year and had to hobble off the ice. Just wait until Brown hits him like he hit Pahlsson. That will be quality!

The most important thing is Dustin Brown probably has a bigger penis than the other 3 combined.

FlyLife 11-12-2008 06:39 PM

Getzlaf and Perry pretty easily right now...toss up in the future however.

Sojourn 11-12-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup (Post 16287937)
And if Kopitar and Brown could have played second fiddle to veteran all stars like Scott Neidermayer, Chris Pronger, JS Giguere, and Teemu Selanne, they would have won a Cup, too.

Interesting... I didn't realize second fiddle was leading the team in points in the playoffs, and being tied for #2 in points.

Scottkmlps 11-12-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho (Post 16289363)
The most important thing is Dustin Brown probably has a bigger penis than the other 3 combined.

Ahhhhhhhh.......yeah....okay. :help:

ShawnTHW 11-12-2008 08:05 PM

Getzlaf is easily better than all the guys in this poll, however, The talent of Kopitar and Brown greatly overshadows Getzlaf and Perry. 1 man cant do it all.

The Big Swede 11-12-2008 08:18 PM

Ducks Duo

In my mind Getzlaf will be the best player out of that group


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.