HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   GDT: Game 18: Flames @ Sharks 8:30 MT - PPV/FAN960 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=572125)

Noori 11-13-2008 10:26 AM

Game 18: Flames @ Sharks 8:30 MT - PPV/FAN960

:flames
9-7-1, 19 POINTS
http://www.hockeyforum.com/photopost...ome_Iginla.jpg

FLAME LEADERS

Stat Player Total
Points Jarome Iginla 21
Goals Jarome Iginla 10
Assists Jarome Iginla 11
PIM Brandon Prust 61
Plus/Minus Curtis Glencross 2
PP Goals Jarome Iginla 6
SH Goals Craig Conroy 1

VS

:sharks
13-3-1, 27 POINTS
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...e_Thornton.jpg

SHARK LEADERS

Stat PlayerTotal
Points Patrick Marleau 18
Goals Devin Setoguchi 9
Assists Joe Thornton 13
PIM Rob Blake 24
Plus/Minus Patrick Marleau 7
PP Goals Ryane Clowe 5
SH Goals Patrick Marleau 2

@

THE HP PAVILION
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...on_(angle).jpg

NHL PREVIEW

Quote:

Brian Boucher, filling in for an injured Evgeni Nabokov, lost his second straight and allowed a season-high four goals on 29 shots. Boucher has allowed seven goals in his last two starts after going 3-0-0 with two shutouts in his first three games.

Boucher will start again on Thursday as Nabokov did not practice Wednesday and remains day-to-day with a leg injury.
Quote:

After going five games without a goal, Iginla has scored four times in the last four games and leads the team with 21 points. He has recorded a point in 13 of his last 17 games in San Jose and has scored a goal in five of his past seven contests at HP Pavilion.
Quote:

The Sharks won last season's quarterfinals matchup in seven games on the strength of three straight home victories. San Jose is 2-0-2 in its last four regular-season home games against Calgary.

ANALYSIS

Flames offense need to jump on Boucher. We know what kind of a goalie he is- not a very good one! Defense needs to be tight, don't let those forwards have their way with the puck in our zone. Kipper needs to be outstanding tonight. Here's hoping to see Dustin Boyd continue seeing time with Jarome Iginla. Cammy should be back tonight so it'll be interesting to see what the lines look like. Apparently, Lombardi is really close to being ready. I doubt it's tonight, but we'll likely see him in action next week. Hopefully, his return mean Conroy gets scratched. Maybe that'll light a fire under him.

RADIO STREAM

TV STREAM

StreakingRed 11-13-2008 10:28 AM

I'm hoping for a solid Flames showing, as this will be the biggest test of the season so far. Kiprusoff will have to stand on his head tonight. Glad to hear Cammalleri draws back into the lineup tonight.

Go Flames!

Noori 11-13-2008 10:52 AM

Flames win. :D

Kreed 11-13-2008 11:13 AM

only 2 games above 500. damn they sure went on a losing streak hopefully their last game has awoken something

Lanny'sDaMan 11-13-2008 11:15 AM

Projected Lineups
Glencross-Boyd-Iginla
Bertuzzi-Langkow-Bourque
Nystrom-Conroy-Moss
Roy-Primeau-Prust

Defence Pairings:
Regehr-Sarich
Giordano-Phaneuf
Pardy-Aucoin

As per http://communities.canada.com/calgar...s/default.aspx

Peter Mahr is saying Cammy may draw in tonight tho too. No word on Lombardi still. And Nabokov is out so Brian Boucher is in for the Sushi.

Ticonderoga 11-13-2008 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanny'sDaMan (Post 16301012)
Projected Lineups
Glencross-Boyd-Iginla
Bertuzzi-Langkow-Bourque
Nystrom-Conroy-Moss
Roy-Primeau-Prust

Defence Pairings:
Regehr-Sarich
Giordano-Phaneuf
Pardy-Aucoin

As per http://communities.canada.com/calgar...s/default.aspx

Peter Mahr is saying Cammy may draw in tonight tho too. No word on Lombardi still. And Nabokov is out so Brian Boucher is in for the Sushi.

Coming back from the flu is not an easy task, physically you feel like you just had a truck run over you. If he does come back tonight I expect him to play reduced minutes and not to be much of a impact.

I really hope Lombardi is back soon too as Conroy is just finding new ways of hurting the Flames.

Lunatik* 11-13-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classy Iggy (Post 16301460)
Coming back from the flu is not an easy task, physically you feel like you just had a truck run over you. If he does come back tonight I expect him to play reduced minutes and not to be much of a impact.

I really hope Lombardi is back soon too as Conroy is just finding new ways of hurting the Flames.

...blaming Conroy for last game is just sheer stupidity... looks at some of the numbers for this team... Conroy has the least giveaways on the entire team... he does not have all that many penalty minutes and he has decent point totals... more than anything he has been unlucky that when he does make a mistake Kiprusoff has not bailed him out... where as Bertuzzi, Langkow and Cammalleri will give the puck away significantly more but have been lucky enough to not have the opposition blatantly capitalize on the mistakes... if you want to find the problems with this team don't look at Conroy... look at the combined 44 giveaways of Bertuzzi, Cammalleri & Langkow

Wags 11-13-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classy Iggy (Post 16301460)

Yeah...don't bash Conroy while his bigest fanboy is around...c'mon Lunatik, he has been nothing short of awful this year and has been given every opportunity to turn it around.

Least givaways because he never wins a puck battle to get the puck in the first place.

He is constantly missing and giving up on his check...it's been hard to watch

It is a well known fact that the more you handle the puck, the more you will give it away...think about it.

Cyrus 11-13-2008 01:09 PM

Conroy started off the season on a bad note, but so did the rest of the team. I think he's playing a lot better than most people here give him credit for. He has played every game, has contributed offensively, and not been a terrible liability in his own end, hence why he is currently -2. While I think it's pretty clear that he's not a full-time top line center anymore, he is a reasonable choice for a stop-gap solution. When Lombardi/Cammalleri come back, there is no way he should see the press box - he's prefectly fitted for a 3rd line center with Glencross/Moss/Nystrom on his wing.

Wags 11-13-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus (Post 16302726)
Conroy started off the season on a bad note, but so did the rest of the team. I think he's playing a lot better than most people here give him credit for. He has played every game, has contributed offensively, and not been a terrible liability in his own end, hence why he is currently -2. While I think it's pretty clear that he's not a full-time top line center anymore, he is a reasonable choice for a stop-gap solution. When Lombardi/Cammalleri come back, there is no way he should see the press box - he's prefectly fitted for a 3rd line center with Glencross/Moss/Nystrom on his wing.

I can agree with that

Ticonderoga 11-13-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunatik (Post 16302195)
dude get a ****ing clue... blaming Conroy for last game is just sheer stupidity... looks at some of the numbers for this team... Conroy has the least giveaways on the entire team... he does not have all that many penalty minutes and he has decent point totals... more than anything he has been unlucky that when he does make a mistake Kiprusoff has not bailed him out... where as Bertuzzi, Langkow and Cammalleri will give the puck away significantly more but have been lucky enough to not have the opposition blatantly capitalize on the mistakes... if you want to find the problems with this team don't look at Conroy... look at the combined 44 giveaways of Bertuzzi, Cammalleri & Langkow

I never blamed him for anything in particular actully. All I said was he is finding new ways of hurting the team ( a bad remark made to his "goal" the other night I do admit) and he should bumped down the depth chart. The guy just seems to have rotten luck this year and when he makes a mistake it's usually pretty bad and and ends up costing us. Is that not true? I like Conroy but has it not been frustrating to see him play for a good part of this year? Perhaps less minutes would be a good thing for him would it not?

I have a clue and it tell me that Col. Mustard did it in the Library with the candlestick. I also have a T.V and it has shown me that Conroy has been one of the most frustrated players on our team this year so far. Do I blame him for the teams troubles, hell no. I think the 44 giveaways you mention has alot to do with it and not being able to play a full 60 minutes.

Ticonderoga 11-13-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

I agree that would be ideal.

The guy has had rotten luck this year and I do hope he can shake that.

AndersEriksson* 11-13-2008 01:57 PM

How is 9 lazy penalties in 17 games "rotten luck"?

Conroy has been terrible for about 80% of the season. He's Anders Eriksson at center which is deeply tragic to watch.

Lanny'sDaMan 11-13-2008 02:06 PM

Mahr on the fan just now .........

Lombardi is very very close to being ready and there is even the (small) possibility that he will go tonight.

This is by far the very very best news I've gotten all day :D :D :D

Hyde 11-13-2008 02:10 PM

I thought this was a GDT, not a Conroy roast! You guys want to discuss the finer and not so finer points about, Connie fine....but start a new thread.

Hyde 11-13-2008 02:28 PM

Okay after that last post might as well say something about the game tonight.

Really with our Flames it all come down to when all signs point to a loss really don't be surprised if they pull out a win. In all honestly I would be happy with a point tonight...sad huh.

Ticonderoga 11-13-2008 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndersEriksson (Post 16303409)
How is 9 lazy penalties in 17 games "rotten luck"?

Conroy has been terrible for about 80% of the season. He's Anders Eriksson at center which is deeply tragic to watch.

Winning a draw and have it go in your own net is rotten luck IMO.

KiwiFlamesFan 11-13-2008 03:19 PM

Just pointing out that it's game 18 not 17 ;)

I have a feeling this will be a tough game even with Boucher in their net. He started pretty strong and I wouldn't be surprised to see him bounce back. Hopefully not at our expense!

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boomstick 11-13-2008 04:14 PM

Go Flames.

By the way 9-7-1 is 19 points, not 17!
:handclap:

AndersEriksson* 11-13-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classy Iggy (Post 16304522)
Winning a draw and have it go in your own net is rotten luck IMO.

Agreed. The rest of his play has, for the most part, been brutal compared to what he is capable of.

Hyde 11-13-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyde (Post 16303598)
I thought this was a GDT, not a Conroy roast! You guys want to discuss the finer and not so finer points about, Connie fine....but start a new thread.

One more time.

flamesfan12 11-13-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanny'sDaMan (Post 16303556)
Mahr on the fan just now .........

Lombardi is very very close to being ready and there is even the (small) possibility that he will go tonight.

This is by far the very very best news I've gotten all day :D :D :D

That is very good to hear.

Going to be a tough test tonight. Flames get a break with Nabokov out and hopefully they can capitalize on that. Having Cammalleri back in the lineup will help as well.

Go Flames Go

Snoil11 11-13-2008 05:10 PM

@Calgary Highlander:
Nice OP, although the numbers could be in less eye cancer causing colors. :D

As for the game, I expect a game pretty similar to the Flames - Red Wings clashs over the last couple of years. It is for a reason, that Babcock stated, that they were out-"winged" by the Sharks in their first match-up, so I hope for a red-hot Kipper and a sound defensive game by our Flames. Move your feet guys!

Noori 11-13-2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoil11 (Post 16306214)
@Calgary Highlander:
Nice OP, although the numbers could be in less eye cancer causing colors. :D

The plan, it works! :naughty:

Fixed, I'd hate for there to be even less Flame fans on HF due to death by cancer. ;)

Noori 11-13-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

When Lombardi/Cammalleri come back, there is no way he should see the press box - he's prefectly fitted for a 3rd line center with Glencross/Moss/Nystrom on his wing.

I suppose your comment was directed at me. I only suggested it as a way to send a message, not something that needed to be done for a long time, just a game or two.