HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   How to lose credibility (Trade Rumours) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=57215)

Rails 03-01-2004 08:30 AM

How to lose credibility (Trade Rumours)

Quote:

Leetch, who turns 36 next week, had a great game Thursday on Long Island and it happened as Flyers scout Paul Holmgren was in the press box, according to the New York Post. The Flyers, says the Post and the New York Daily News are very interested in Leetch and might be prepared to offer junior center Jeff Richards, Philadelphia's first-round draft pick last June.
:lol: :lol:

CBS Sportsline Rumour Mill

capn89* 03-01-2004 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harper

I don't want leetch, for a prospect, draft pick or a bad of pucks.

Rails 03-01-2004 11:10 AM

Since we don't have a prospect named Jeff Richards, I think we don't have to worry about anything.

jplush76 03-01-2004 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capn89
I don't want leetch, for a prospect, draft pick or a bad of pucks.

you must have never watched Brian Leetch play then. I'd give up richards in a second for Leetch.

swflyers8* 03-01-2004 12:01 PM

Quote:

you must have never watched Brian Leetch play then. I'd give up richards in a second for Leetch.
Why do we need Brian Leetch with Pitkanen & Johnsson? Johnsson is a younger Leetch, skill wise. He's also a lot faster.
We don't need another offensive-minded defenseman. We need a guy who isn't going to cost us goals like Therien does. We need a guy like Witt who will clear the porch in a second and not let any player get near any rebounds. We need a force on the blueline, not another guy who is smooth with the puck. :teach:

jplush76 03-01-2004 12:08 PM

we've got 2-3 years to make a run with the guys we have now, after that half our team with be in their mid to late 30's and not as productive, and we'll have to rebuild slightly. Getting Leetch who has a cup under his belt could bringin great vet leadership as well as amazing skills. How many veteran blue liners do we have???
Eric D proved he doens't want to be a leader and Therien can't lead. Getting leetch for richards would be a steal for us.

capn89* 03-01-2004 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harper
Since we don't have a prospect named Jeff Richards, I think we don't have to worry about anything.

I knew that... but I was just saying, don't want him, no matter if we had Chewbacca Richardson on the team.

GoneFullHextall 03-01-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capn89
I knew that... but I was just saying, don't want him, no matter if we had Chewbacca Richardson on the team.

We dont need Leetch, we dont need Gonchar.
we need someone who can clear the ******* crease for once.
all im gonna say is Brendon Witt. he shouldnt be that expensive

Blindside9711 03-01-2004 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom

Except for the rule of supply and demand. McPhee knows Witt's skillset is going to be in high demand down the stretch so he'll wait for the best offer he can get. Witt's still relatively young and could complement Markov perfectly as a punishing tandem. That being said, if we have to give up too much for him in the way of youth, picks, etc, of which we are already lacking, it's not really worth our while to do that... Especially when Columbus is pretty much begging for someone to take Blue-Collar Luke's contract off their hands.

capn89* 03-01-2004 02:04 PM

Quote:

I hear you loud and CLEAR THE ****ING CREASE!!!!!!

dedalus 03-01-2004 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swflyers8
Why do we need Brian Leetch with Pitkanen & Johnsson? Johnsson is a younger Leetch, skill wise. He's also a lot faster.

Please tell me this is hyperbole. Please tell me you didn't seriously write that Kim Johnsson is a Hall of Fame defenseman.

FlyersGuy69 03-01-2004 04:12 PM

Quote:

I'm with ya on getting Witt.

Gags1288 03-01-2004 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedalus
Please tell me this is hyperbole. Please tell me you didn't seriously write that Kim Johnsson is a Hall of Fame defenseman.

I don't think he's saying that he's a hall of fame defenseman, i think he's saying that at this point there skills are comprable and Johnsson is a lot younger, which is a responsible statement, imo.

Bob Clarke Fan Club 03-01-2004 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gags1288
I don't think he's saying that he's a hall of fame defenseman, i think he's saying that at this point there skills are comprable and Johnsson is a lot younger, which is a responsible statement, imo.

We shouldn't even mention the two names in the same sentence...they're that far apart.

King Fish 03-01-2004 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gags1288

I completely agree! He will not get us to the next level. Witt would be a fantastic pick up, but would be costly in terms of prospects and picks. Witt is more of what teams are looking for who are in the hunt, therefore he will comand more in return than Leetch.

Winston Wolf 03-01-2004 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedalus

They're just saying that we don't need another offensive d-man.

Desjardins
Johnsson
Pitkanen

Then Markov can also play the PP. I would love to add Leetch, unless he costs a ton.