HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Major Bruins trade unlikely story (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=57247)

MiamiScreamingEagles 03-01-2004 11:17 AM

Major Bruins trade unlikely story

http://bruins.bostonherald.com/bruin...?articleid=387

MeisterBruinmaker 03-02-2004 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles

Read: Samsonov is not going anywhere (wait till June to fess up you were wrong Gooch).

Just the same, neither are core players (including Morrisonn & Bergeron), or touted youngsters like Toivonen, Stuart, Jurcina & Alberts (latter 2 both on the rise). Aside from Gill, Axelsson, Hilbert and Lapointe, the rest of the roster is mostly UFAs (13 of `em). In other words, that doesn't leave much to make that 'major' trade.

The fact is though, it's still possible. The Bruins have Jillson, draft picks and possibly a few prospects named Ivan Huml (#59, 2000; highest goalscorer of draft), Lars Jonsson (#7, 2000; stock rising), Sergei Zinovjev (rated 7.5 on Russian Prospects, only Zherdev rated 8) and Martin Samuelsson (#27, 2000; gifted skater, good hockey sense) to offer up. A package of a 1st, 2nd and Jillson should bring back something decent, depending on the player.

Most here already know that the top needs are a #2 center (or scoring winger) and a rushing defenseman. Of course, with lotsa competition and inflated prices, not to mention the B's limited asset base, it's all the more challenging. That said, it's pretty likely that the B's will come up with at least one mid-tier player by 3/9.

Drake1588 03-02-2004 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker
Most here already know that the top needs are a #2 center (or scoring winger) and a rushing defenseman. Of course, with lotsa competition and inflated prices, not to mention the B's limited asset base, it's all the more challenging. That said, it's pretty likely that the B's will come up with at least one mid-tier player by 3/9.

Would Nylander be a good fit for Boston's second line? He'd certainly come cheap.

L.I.RangerFan 03-02-2004 10:53 AM

Quote:

Read: Samsonov is not going anywhere (wait till June to fess up you were wrong Gooch).

Just the same, neither are core players (including Morrisonn & Bergeron), or touted youngsters like Toivonen, Stuart, Jurcina & Alberts (latter 2 both on the rise). Aside from Gill, Axelsson, Hilbert and Lapointe, the rest of the roster is mostly UFAs (13 of `em). In other words, that doesn't leave much to make that 'major' trade.

The fact is though, it's still possible. The Bruins have Jillson, draft picks and possibly a few prospects named Ivan Huml (#59, 2000; highest goalscorer of draft), Lars Jonsson (#7, 2000; stock rising), Sergei Zinovjev (rated 7.5 on Russian Prospects, only Zherdev rated 8) and Martin Samuelsson (#27, 2000; gifted skater, good hockey sense) to offer up. A package of a 1st, 2nd and Jillson should bring back something decent, depending on the player.

How about

Nedved, UFA after this season with a team option for 5m
Poti, Boston Boy signed for next year at 3.1m
Choice of Barnaby/Simon, both UFA's

For

Jillson, Zinovjev and a 2nd

If you don't sign any of the UFA's you will get comp. picks, most likely 2 between 90-120

Dr Seldon 03-02-2004 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake1588
Would Nylander be a good fit for Boston's second line? He'd certainly come cheap.

I think Nylander is just the kind of guy the Bruins should add.

b'sfan19 03-02-2004 02:30 PM

Nylander and Tarnstrom to the B's on deadline day :) lets hope something is done..man..I wish it was this time next week! :cry:

MeisterBruinmaker 03-02-2004 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
How about

Nedved, UFA after this season with a team option for 5m
Poti, Boston Boy signed for next year at 3.1m
Choice of Barnaby/Simon, both UFA's

For

Jillson, Zinovjev and a 2nd

If you don't sign any of the UFA's you will get comp. picks, most likely 2 between 90-120

Interesting proposal.

Does Nedved have any character issues these days? The B' shave a good atmosphere in the dressing room and upsetting that chemistry is a huge risk. I believe for that reason alone, O'Connell has avoided certain deals.

As for Poti, I know he is suspect defensively, but his breakout abilities are first rate (first pass, instincts, etc). How would you rate his defense 1-5 with 5 being sound? The problem with the B's is that outside Boynton and a rookie named Morrisonn, they are stacked with #4-6's who have one some kind of liability or another.

I believe the B's would be best served by targeting Leetch, he can soak up major minutes and his liabilities aren't as pronounced. But with other teams in the hunt, his price could be too high.

Nedved and Leetch would be a strong package, and both players could be on the team next season (if there is one). Or in Nedved's case, the B's could get a comp pick. It's hard to see the Bruins taking on $11.5M in added salary though. Still, Poti wouldn't be a bad replacement if Leetch cost too much.

Jillson + 1st for Nedved + Leetch

o
r

Jillson + 2nd + 4th for Nedved + Poti

B.D. Gallof 03-11-2004 07:34 AM

Quote:

Check the trade rumor thread, my love.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=60713