HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Habs I believe - 08-09 Edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=572672)

Beakermania* 11-14-2008 04:44 PM

Habs I believe - 08-09 Edition

I still Believe in this team... This thread is to find out how many of you are still with me.

Sure we didn't play our best hockey last night...

All of you panicking and willing to trade Kovalev, fire the coach, blow up everything etc... are completely overreacting.

We have a good club here.... A great offence... A great goalie.... do we need one more D... probably... but maybe O'Byrne develops too...

C'mon guys stay positive... A couple losses in November will not ruin this cup run.
Right now in our darkest moments of this young season, I need to know who is still with us, and who isn't. This is not the thread for negativity... so if you wanna post that.... Get out now.

This is still the team that is 9-3-2

This is still the team that wins games after many have given up

This is still the team that was built for this year

This is still the team with the deepest offence in the league

This is still the team that is feared around the league

This is still the team that wiped the floor with "The Lions/Spartans" earlier this week...

This is still the team that is run by proven winners Gainey, Carbo, Muller, etc...

This is still the team that understands you cant win the cup in November... a couple of losses will happen... you can't go 82-0. 16 playoff wins thats what we need.

Don't stop Believing

GO HABS GO
THE DRIVE FOR 25 IS ALIVE
HABS, I BELIEVE

Iwishihadacup 11-14-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 16325402)
I still Believe in this team... This thread is to find out how many of you are still with me.

Sure we didn't play our best hockey last night...

All of you panicking and willing to trade Kovalev, fire the coach, blow up everything etc... are completely overreacting.

We have a good club here.... A great offence... A great goalie.... do we need one more D... probably... but maybe O'Byrne develops too...

C'mon guys stay positive... A couple losses in November will not ruin this cup run.
Right now in our darkest moments of this young season, I need to know who is still with us, and who isn't. This is not the thread for negativity... so if you wanna post that.... Get out now.

This is still the team that is 9-3-2

This is still the team that wins games after many have given up

This is still the team that was built for this year

This is still the team with the deepest offence in the league

This is still the team that is feared around the league

This is still the team that wiped the floor with "The Lions/Spartans" earlier this week...

This is still the team that is run by proven winners Gainey, Carbo, Muller, etc...

This is still the team that understands you cant win the cup in November... a couple of losses will happen... you can't go 82-0. 16 playoff wins thats what we need.

Don't stop Believing

GO HABS GO
THE DRIVE FOR 25 IS ALIVE
HABS, I BELIEVE

You should be shot in the face

/thread

Oops... wrong type of thread

GO HABS GO!!!

I BELIEVE!!

cjbhab* 11-14-2008 04:52 PM

GO HABS GO!!!!

Habs I believe !! :yo:

Ross MacLochness 11-14-2008 04:55 PM

An "I still believe" thread because of a 1-2-1 stretch in November? C'mon now.

Iwishihadacup 11-14-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness (Post 16325646)

Well... people are acting like we should fire everybody' trade anybod so yes, we should

Beakermania* 11-14-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness (Post 16325646)

Have you read the rest of this board... people are about to jump off cliffs.... blow up the team... trade kovalev.... fire the coach.... abandon the three offensive line philosophy.... trade the kostitsyns.... get rid of laraque.... etc....

This is my response to all of that.

King Kovalev 11-14-2008 05:09 PM

Finally something positive :handclap:

GoneAway 11-14-2008 05:16 PM

You know me...Im always with this team through and through

GO HABS GO

nas84 11-14-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 16325895)
Have you read the rest of this board... people are about to jump off cliffs.... blow up the team... trade kovalev.... fire the coach.... abandon the three offensive line philosophy.... trade the kostitsyns.... get rid of laraque.... etc....

This is my response to all of that.

AMEN BROTHER!!!

We had a bad game, a very bad game to be honest, but tomorrow is another day.

losing battles is all part of winning the war, and when the dust settles on this battlefield I expect to see a certain finnish captain of ours parading around the ice with the most holy of grails lofted high above his head.

"with fading hands we hold it high, and raise # 25 to the sky"

Magic33 11-14-2008 05:29 PM

I have decided that for the rest of the season, I will stay positive and try to find the bright side of things. I believe!!!

Russeltown 11-14-2008 05:33 PM

:cheer: :cheer: :dumbo: :cheer: :habs :cheer: :dumbo: :cheer: :cheer:

Newhabfan 11-14-2008 05:34 PM

I believe. They earned our trust last year. They worked hard for it.

GoneAway 11-14-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newhabfan (Post 16326361)
I believe. They earned our trust last year. They worked hard for it.

Quoted for great insight

Lord Horse 11-14-2008 05:36 PM

Of course I am on the bandwagon!

This is a young team, its got an identity in transition and things will go up and down. But we've had a strong start and it's still lead by a fantastic Captain!

Koivu FTW #25 :handclap:

Sports1131 11-14-2008 05:37 PM

I believe we have all the pieces in place necessary to be a great team. I'm not convinced that our players are interested in putting in any level of effort right now.

HotPie 11-14-2008 05:59 PM

I believe we have the potential to be one the best teams in the league. It's up to the team and Carbo now to show us if they're capable of being that team on a consistent basis.

Habs4Life 11-14-2008 06:08 PM

were suppose to be an elite team this year, so far we have sucked.

GoneAway 11-14-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4Life (Post 16326911)

Wrong thread, Boyo...

And we have hardly sucked

Beakermania* 11-14-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 16325402)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4Life (Post 16326911)

Please kindly leave this thread and find another thread to post this in.

This thread is about being positive and staying behind your team

Thank you.

LilWinger11 11-14-2008 06:49 PM

:cheer: GO HABS GO! :cheer:

Magic33 11-14-2008 06:57 PM

Lets start a "100 Habs things I believe in"

ill start:

1) I believe Kovalev's magic hands (and hair) will return, and he will once again lead us in points this year.

Beakermania* 11-14-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic33 (Post 16327658)
Lets start a "100 Habs things I believe in"

ill start:

1) I believe Kovalev's magic hands (and hair) will return, and he will once again lead us in points this year.

2) I believe Carey (Jesus) Price is the goalie who will lead us to the cup.

JGRB 11-14-2008 07:18 PM

3) I don't believe Carbo is the man to bring us to the cup, but he will anyways! :laugh:

Sorry I had to. :)

Beakermania* 11-14-2008 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 (Post 16327935)
3) I don't believe Carbo is the man to bring us to the cup, but he will anyways! :laugh:

Sorry I had to. :)

4) I believe Saku Koivu will be the Playoff Warrior he always is.

JGRB 11-14-2008 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beakermania (Post 16330931)
4) I believe Saku Koivu will be the Playoff Warrior he always is.

5) I believe Georges Laraque will smack Milan Lucic back into his mother's uterus.