HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   1994 Cup Finals Game 7 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=573127)

NYRSchrute217 11-15-2008 10:50 PM

1994 Cup Finals Game 7

The biggest game in NYR history...where were you and what was the first thing you did after we won?:yo:

Also, I wish MSG/NHLN would put this game on once in a while. My tape is old and it's tough to see. Anyone have a link of the MSG feed online?

irishlaxburger2 11-15-2008 11:17 PM

Here's the ESPN coverage of the game...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...rs+1994+game+7

NYRSinceBirth 11-15-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 (Post 16349858)

Whoa, thank you my friend.

FromDubiToZherdev* 11-15-2008 11:27 PM

I bought the MSG version on iTunes for $1.99! I was about ten months old;)

iamaranger 11-15-2008 11:42 PM

was about 3 months old.

Loto68 11-15-2008 11:52 PM

My 6th birthday was the day of the parade.

Rangers Fan* 11-16-2008 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev (Post 16349939)
I bought the MSG version on iTunes for $1.99! I was about ten months old;)

Oh wow, when is your birthday?

Unpredictable1 11-16-2008 12:47 AM

I was like 18 years old, and pretty much jumped through the roof of my parents house back in Newfoundland. Such an insane time. I was beyond this world at that moment that's for sure.

TrueBlueNorwegian 11-16-2008 02:58 AM

I was sleeping because of the time difference:laugh:. I was 9 years old. My friend called my house at like 7am to tell me they had won. We went out and got Rangers hats, i got a t-shirt and my friend bought a Messier jersey, we wore our newly purchased gear for like 7 days straight:laugh:. We were so happy, but didnt realize at that time (9yrs of age) how BIG it really was.

allstar3970 11-16-2008 03:08 AM

i was 9 and sitting in the living room yelling with my dad and my sister, mom wanted us to go to bed, but my dad got her to let us stay up because of the circumstances....i'll never forget it...especially the noise we made when leetch scored that first goal...proudly wore my rangers hat to school the next day :)

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD 11-16-2008 06:32 AM

Ha!!! I was just talking about this the other day

I was 9 days from my 16th B-day and mannnnn what an early B-day present it was.

I was a knucklehead and was out getting hammered down the block from my house and missed half of the 1st period hanging out with my stupid friends.

I got home and watched the rest but to this day I still regret even missing the pregame show.

Anyhow, long story short, Mess' cross checks Bure out of the way and we go ABSOLUTELY NUTS! and I ran downstairs, took my clothes off and went streaking up and down my block butt ass nekidd SCREAMING NON STOP AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS...LETS GO RANGERS!!!!

Roflmao...I don't think I would have done it had I not been wasted out of my mind. I don't regret it tho...makes for a good funny story here and there.

So yea....that's where I was and what I was doing.

Oh BTW Irishlax....thanks for that link. I favorited it and I'll be watching that every here and there.

-Brian

NYRSchrute217 11-16-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 (Post 16349858)

Thanks for the link, but is there an MSG feed anywhere? It's not the same without Sam :(

Comparison Ford 11-16-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD (Post 16352565)
Ha!!! I was just talking about this the other day

I was 9 days from my 16th B-day and mannnnn what an early B-day present it was.

I was a knucklehead and was out getting hammered down the block from my house and missed half of the 1st period hanging out with my stupid friends.

I got home and watched the rest but to this day I still regret even missing the pregame show.

Anyhow, long story short, Mess' cross checks Bure out of the way and we go ABSOLUTELY NUTS! and I ran downstairs, took my clothes off and went streaking up and down my block butt ass nekidd SCREAMING NON STOP AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS...LETS GO RANGERS!!!!

Roflmao...I don't think I would have done it had I not been wasted out of my mind. I don't regret it tho...makes for a good funny story here and there.

So yea....that's where I was and what I was doing.

Oh BTW Irishlax....thanks for that link. I favorited it and I'll be watching that every here and there.

-Brian

hahaha thats ****ing awesome.

HenriksBetter 11-16-2008 09:55 AM

I was 14 and my mom took me to a local sports bar to watch the game because the cable company had dropped MSG for some stupid reason. They place was so packed that they setup a projector screen in the dining area. Needless to say the owner got fined for noise and having to many people in the place. I will never forget that day and hope there will be another just like it in the very near future.

The Thomas J.* 11-16-2008 10:45 AM

Man One of the Gretaest moments of my life. I was 19 yrs old, we watched the game at my friends house than I took my friend home & I had no idea what was in store for me, It was my 1st real Championship celebration, I was too young to experiance the Mets win in 86' I ran into people taht i had known for a while & we just partied the night away, it was so unexpected. It was so much fun. There just aren't enough words to describe the energy & feeling that was in the air that night.

It was nothing short of incredible.

The Thomas J.* 11-16-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HenriksBetter (Post 16353401)
I was 14 and my mom took me to a local sports bar to watch the game because the cable company had dropped MSG for some stupid reason. They place was so packed that they setup a projector screen in the dining area. Needless to say the owner got fined for noise and having to many people in the place. I will never forget that day and hope there will be another just like it in the very near future.

I'm sure the owner of that bar made a ton of money that night, more than enough to make up for the 2 fines.

elliot878 11-16-2008 11:46 AM

hey guys, first time poster, been reading for a while. thought this thread would be a good place to join and make my first post.

I was 6 and the 94 championship is probably my most vivid memory that early in life, and probably my favorite family memory from my childhood. June 14th is my moms birthday, so the whole family was at my grandparents house for dinner (lobster - i remember lol) and after dinner we watched the game. I remember my grandpa (who introduced me to hockey, and i always watched with him) being in awe that the curse was broken, and i think the image of Messier shaking the cup is stamped in my memory permanently. Great night, great team.

NYRSinceBirth 11-16-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loto68 (Post 16350330)
My 6th birthday was the day of the parade.

My 6th birthday was the night of the Messier hat trick, May 25th, 1994.

we want cup 11-16-2008 12:05 PM

I was 5, but my parents had let me stay up and watch every playoff game. When they won, I drank apple juice out of our tin foil Stanley Cup. 'Twas great.

FromDubiToZherdev* 11-16-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangers Fan (Post 16350721)
Oh wow, when is your birthday?

8/16/93;)

agentzzz 11-16-2008 07:30 PM

I was 15 years old, living in Atlanta ( IBM transplant victim) I watched the game in our living room with my dad as always, I was wearing my ranger jersey. Had the vcr recording in our upstairs tv room for the third game in a row. First thing I did after final faceoff was hug my dad. We didn't say anything.

silverfish 11-16-2008 07:48 PM

I was only 4 :cry::cry:

wish I could remember it :cry:

good looks on that link though :yo:

Blue Regime 11-16-2008 08:13 PM

I was 3 :(

Although I do have vague memories of my dad telling me about some guy named "Messeay" as I used to spell it.

segmentation fault 11-17-2008 12:07 AM

I kinda feel old. Haha. I was 10 and just...stunned. Still waiting for that day to come again.

Sad London Ranger 11-17-2008 07:00 AM

My hockey mates and I were watching the game at the ABC Network studios in London. We were watching the raw feed without commentary. Quite surreal.
So we didn't get the all the Yeah Baby stuff from JD.

2 Ranger fans and about 5 Canucks fans....So I tried not to gloat (too much)