HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   HFBoards 2008-2009 Dream Team 1st Line RW (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=573329)

SixthSens 11-16-2008 04:39 PM

HFBoards 2008-2009 Dream Team 1st Line RW
 
This poll is for the 1st line RW

excape 11-16-2008 04:48 PM

Iginla.

backs4mvp 11-16-2008 04:52 PM

Alfredsson @ his <4.5mil cap.

Luongo2008* 11-16-2008 05:03 PM

Jarome Iginla

HockeyThoughts 11-16-2008 05:05 PM

Iggy at 7m isn't that bad..I say build a superstar 1st line, first pairing and goalie and build with a cheap but awesome supporting cast.

Sad King Jimmy 11-16-2008 05:52 PM

You really should add each guys cap hit, just for reference.

Celestial Black 11-16-2008 06:24 PM

Iggy.

ManInTheBox 11-16-2008 06:56 PM

Other (name)

tony d 11-17-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarosefortheHart (Post 16358993)
You really should add each guys cap hit, just for reference.

What I thought, it would be easier that way to decide who to vote for.

For this poll I voted for Jarome Iginla

Cactus Jack 11-17-2008 01:32 PM

An Ovechkin-Malkin/Crosby-Iginla line would be absolutely dusgustingly unbelievable.

daveskirtun 11-17-2008 01:58 PM

Hossa

HankyZetts 11-17-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cactus Jack (Post 16370082)
An Ovechkin-Malkin/Crosby-Iginla line would be absolutely dusgustingly unbelievable.

Which one would you rather?
Ovechkin - Crosby - Iginla or Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Hossa?

You could make a real argument either way.

AK 11-17-2008 02:53 PM

Kane at 3.725 million please.

AK 11-17-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twi2teD (Post 16370506)
Which one would you rather?
Ovechkin - Crosby - Iginla or Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Hossa?

You could make a real argument either way.

Not really.

The first line you mentioned is WAY ahead of the second.

Ovechkin > Zetterberg
Crosby > Datsyuk
Iginla = Hoss or maybe Hossa wins by just a smudge.

HankyZetts 11-17-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letang58 (Post 16371388)
Not really.

The first line you mentioned is WAY ahead of the second.

Ovechkin > Zetterberg
Crosby > Datsyuk
Iginla = Hoss or maybe Hossa wins by just a smudge.

Not really.

Offensively sure, the first line is better by a bit, but defensively the 2nd wins in a landslide. Hence, a really good argument can be made either way

Burnaby_Joe* 11-18-2008 12:11 AM

Iginla

El Maestro 11-18-2008 05:10 AM

Alexander Semin

Reds4Life 11-18-2008 05:50 AM

Alfredsson/Iginla/Hossa

voted for Alfredsson because he is a bragain

TheDevilMadeMe 11-18-2008 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twi2teD (Post 16383145)
Not really.

Offensively sure, the first line is better by a bit, but defensively the 2nd wins in a landslide. Hence, a really good argument can be made either way

Not really. The difference in skill alone between Ovechkin and Crosby vs. Zetterberg and Datsyuk more than makes up for the difference in "two-way play."

Bruinsfan_37 11-18-2008 07:50 AM

Iginla

HankyZetts 11-19-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe (Post 16384665)
Not really. The difference in skill alone between Ovechkin and Crosby vs. Zetterberg and Datsyuk more than makes up for the difference in "two-way play."

Imo Zetts, Dats and Hossa would shut down Ovy, Crosby and Iginla..

Let's agree to disagree.

GernerPSU 11-19-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twi2teD (Post 16411655)
Imo Zetts, Dats and Hossa would shut down Ovy, Crosby and Iginla..

Let's agree to disagree.

I think most would just agree your point is just wrong.

SaveByHexy 11-20-2008 07:38 AM

I picked Kane...I want to save my money for D and G

silkyjohnson50 11-20-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GernerPSU (Post 16412734)
I think most would just agree your point is just wrong.

On paper, without actually thinking, most would probably agree with you. But when you actually put some thought into it and break it down, it's actually very debatable.


I mean, how dominant did Crosby look in the Finals matched up against Zetterberg and Datsyuk? Hossa was Pitts best player in that series, not Crosby.


Another thing to think about is chemistry. We already know without any question that Datsyuk and Zetterberg are near or at the top in terms of chemistry between two players. Maybe only the Sedin's have more. And by the looks of things, Hossa doesn't have any problem playing with Datsyuk either.

As great as Ovechkin and Crosby are individually, there's no guarentee that they'd make the best linemates. Gretzky and Hull were amazing talents, but together they never made the best line.

With Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Hossa you have 3 of the Top-5 2-way players in the game today. Easily 3 of the best backcheckers in the game and all among Detroit's best PKers.

I don't think there's any question that the defensive game of Detroit's 3 would disrupt the offensive game of an Ovechkin-Crosby-Iginla line.

It's definitely very debatable.

Habs 4 Life 11-20-2008 11:41 AM

Iginla


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.