HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Prospect Info: Evgeny Grachev Scores 4 Goals in 4-2 Win (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=573341)

FLYLine24 11-16-2008 06:08 PM

Evgeny Grachev Scores 4 Goals in 4-2 Win

Thread worthy :nod:

What a complete beast he has been since about game 5 of his OHL career. Today was the "!".

Scoring 4 goals, (2 ES, 1 PP, 1 SH) in his teams 4-2 victory. Since he caught on fire his team has been on a 14 game winning streak for 1st in the OHL East.

Last 15 games he has 12G/8A/20P after just having 1 assist in his first 4.

So this pick is looking better and better, he should be in our top 5 prospect list coming up in Jan.

Hes also 2nd in points among rookies (1st place guy has 1 more point, but 9 less goals)
1st in goals by a very large margin by rookies. I understand most are a year or 2 younger then him, but its still nice to see.

Keep it up Grachev!

n8 11-16-2008 06:14 PM

:amazed: gadzooks!

hlundqvist30* 11-16-2008 06:16 PM

I ****ing love this guy. Does anyone have an NHL comparison (past or present) to what his realistic potential is?

rangers4ever2007 11-16-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 (Post 16358508)
I ****ing love this guy. Does anyone have an NHL comparison (past or present) to what his realistic potential is?

kovalchuk? :lol:

Burlington Bomb 26 11-16-2008 06:23 PM

My favorite prospect for us, and I've been his biggest supporter since we've drafted him.

n8 11-16-2008 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 (Post 16358508)

Just take him for what he is. Let's not build up another one of our prospects on unrealistic comparisons.

I Eat Crow 11-16-2008 06:25 PM

Best case scenario: John LeClair in his prime

More realistically, however, I'll say a guy like Mark Parrish

TheZherdev 11-16-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 (Post 16358614)
Just take him for what he is. Let's not build up another one of our prospects on unrealistic comparisons.

Maybe an Evgeny Artyukin...

Inferno 11-16-2008 06:34 PM

Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Orr, Mark Messier, and Gordie Howe all sorta poured into one.

oh, and some Mario Lemieux in there as well.
;)

Lundqvist=Vezina 11-16-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 (Post 16358698)

That's who I was thinking of.

BrooklynRangersFan 11-16-2008 06:37 PM

Well, heck - no one told me there'd be an entire thread on the subject... So here's what I wrote in the prospects thread:

Quote:

Great googlie mooglie! 4 goal game?!?! Two of my trio of favorites from the 2008 draft (Grachev, Doyle and Gaulton) are really stepping up and are on the scoring leaderboards in their respective leagues - and the third just started skating again months ahead of schedule. Meanwhile, Del Zotto and Stepan appear to be moving forward as predicted. After what I thougth was a very poor 2007 draft - outside of Cherry (R.I.P.) and Hagelin - 2008 could be shaping up to be an all-time great draft for the organization (knock wood).

(And that doesn't even count Weise and Kundratek, one of whom stepped up a league and the other of whom is also just back from injury - I'm just not as excited about them as I am about the other five, so I forgot to mention them.)

ThirdEye 11-16-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 (Post 16358698)

Don't know much about Artyukin (sp?), but I do know that he's not a goal scorer, whereas Grachev doesn't seem to have a problem putting the puck in the net after that short slump.

hlundqvist30* 11-16-2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 (Post 16358614)

Not at all looking to have wet dreams about his utmost potential. I just want to know, realistically speaking, what he could be shaping up to be. 3rd line center who can put in 15 pucks?

jas 11-16-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 (Post 16358561)
kovalchuk? :lol:

Even better...Ovechkin!!!!

:naughty:

Anyway, he was thought to have 1st round talent...the worry was the transfer agreement. He's got top six ability. The Rangers just need to be patient with him. Of course, he believes he can be as good as Malkin...humble dude.

Celestial Black 11-16-2008 07:36 PM

Very good...glad to hear he is doing so well...definitely have high hopes for him since I have always liked him.

PromNite 11-16-2008 07:43 PM

Awesome! Great to hear since one of our other Ruskies went down for the count... we won't hear from him again.

Excuse me, I have something in my eye... :puppy:

n8 11-16-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 (Post 16359270)
Not at all looking to have wet dreams about his utmost potential. I just want to know, realistically speaking, what he could be shaping up to be. 3rd line center who can put in 15 pucks?

And my point is realistically speaking, it's way too early to have a reasonable answer to that question, thus the Ovechkin and Kovalchuk joke posts. Tom Pyatt and Brodie Dupont had some great CHL performances but neither has amounted to much of anything. I'm sure someone could name a player who wasn't very big in the juniors that went on to be a quality NHL player though.

hlundqvist30* 11-16-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 (Post 16360074)
And my point is realistically speaking, it's way too early to have a reasonable answer to that question, thus the Ovechkin and Kovalchuk joke posts. Tom Pyatt and Brodie Dupont had some great CHL performances but neither has amounted to much of anything. I'm sure someone could name a player who wasn't very big in the juniors that went on to be a quality NHL player though.

Of course. Look, I think you're misunderstanding. Most us us would have a hard time predicting the career of Nigel Dawes, so how the hell could we possibly know that of a guy just joining the OHL? I'm just looking for a loose projection. I know that certain scouting services offered relative ideas before the draft, and for instance, compared Stamkos to Stevie Y. and Del Zotto to Matthew Schneider. Was there a projection made for Grachev?

we want cup 11-16-2008 08:32 PM

Any idea what this monster's timetable is?

When is he gonna hit up Hartford?

silverfish 11-16-2008 08:44 PM

Would've loved to see a Grachev - Anisimov - Cherepanov line don Ranger blue. It's a shame we won't see that...I guess Ukraine is close enough in relation to Russia that we can throw Zherdev on that line. He can be an Iron Curtain of protection for Grachev and Anisimov :naughty:

Ian 11-16-2008 08:51 PM

I haven't seen him play much, but from the small samples of what I've seen and read, I'd say a comparable NHL player would be Nik Antropov. Above average size and decent physicality/hitting, good hands with a nice release, not a liability at either end but lacking somewhat in skating speed/agility.

I'm no scout but if you wanted me to take a wild guess (assuming he becomes a NHL player which is not a absolute at this point), I'd say his best case ceiling is Getzlaf, more realistic would be Antropov, and minimum would be a Voros.

EvilCorporateLawyer 11-16-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian (Post 16361597)
I haven't seen him play much, but from the small samples of what I've seen and read, I'd say a comparable NHL player would be Nik Antropov. Above average size and decent physicality/hitting, good hands with a nice release, not a liability at either end but lacking somewhat in skating speed/agility.

I'm no scout but if you wanted me to take a wild guess (assuming he becomes a NHL player which is not a absolute at this point), I'd say his best case ceiling is Getzlaf, more realistic would be Antropov, and minimum would be a Voros.

He's a much better skater than Big Nik.

Ian 11-16-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan. (Post 16361644)
He's a much better skater than Big Nik.

Yeah most likely, but from what I've seen that's the main knock on his play. Not a huge deal though, he's probably minimum of 2 years away from cracking the Rangers lineup so he has plenty of time to fill out and work on his stride.

FromDubiToZherdev* 11-16-2008 09:22 PM

He's our Malkin:)

Trxjw 11-16-2008 11:06 PM

Great to hear he's doing so well.