HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Kozlov a Devil... says TSN (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=57351)

BLONG7 03-01-2004 04:32 PM

Kozlov a Devil... says TSN

Just saw it on their website... hope he doesn't play tonight, he kills the Habs.

Dutchy 03-01-2004 04:33 PM

Wow... What a steal!

chicpea* 03-01-2004 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLONG7
Just saw it on their website... hope he doesn't play tonight, he kills the Habs.

god, just what I was thinking. Here's hoping he's still packing his bags...

RE-HABS 03-01-2004 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLONG7

What a steal by the Devils, he won't be playing tonight if the deal just happened.

felixd 03-01-2004 04:52 PM

I'm not too hot on Kozlov, he is big, but he doesn't really use his size. But yeah the Panthers got robbed.

#44_delivers 03-01-2004 04:55 PM

kozlov sucks he's 29 and is a lazy unwilling player, the only thing he has going for him is his size, and a nice offencive instincts which he never uses. over all he sucks b@lls.

the 2 prospects are half decent but berglund is kinda like our hossa, a disapointment.

Guy Caballero 03-01-2004 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #44_delivers
kozlov sucks he's 29 and is a lazy unwilling player, the only thing he has going for him is his size, and a nice offencive instincts which he never uses. over all he sucks b@lls.

the 2 prospects are half decent but berglund is kinda like our hossa, a disapointment.

I agree 100%. The trend Gainey has shown so far is to remove the question marks, not add to them. I never wanted Kozlov here, and I'm glad he's going somewhere else.

6 String Benny 03-01-2004 05:17 PM

I hope he doesn't play tonight.He's got a little Dawe in him.Always seems to hurt us......

electric 03-01-2004 05:19 PM

Kozlov is absolutely deadly on the powerplay... he's an awesome talent and has really great hockey sense. If he plays tonight, he'll be a pain.

Prrebel 03-01-2004 07:20 PM

If I knew we could have gotten him for Hossa nd another lesser prospect, I'd of done this trade in a minute.

Carbonneau 03-01-2004 09:05 PM

Kozlov plays about 3 or 4 good games a year and they're all against MTL.

If we acquire Kozlov that leaves him with no good games.

You do the math.

EaGLE1 03-01-2004 09:09 PM

We must admit New Jersey got what they really need. Scoring. Good trade for Lou.
And without giving much. Damn, that's a steady 20 goals scorer.

Darz 03-02-2004 08:56 AM

Seems like a decent trade for New Jersey since they didn't really give up much, but truthfully Kozlov isn't that great. He can't stay healthy and has scored over 17 goals once in his career.

And remember his big 70 point 'breakout' season was the season when Bure banged home 58 goals for Florida. Kozlov's stats were just along for the ride.

mcphee 03-02-2004 09:07 AM

A few times this year I've taken exception to the term 'Gainey's type of player' as we sometimes think he only certain types of players. Now though, when you see him pass on a player like Kozlov who from a distance seems to be what we need, I think that he will only acquire players that he feels have a certain level of character. He has only truthfully brought in 2 players, both on waivers, but I think that these 2 are examples of guys who do what is asked of them, and do it every night. I sense a reluctance to go after a guy with question marks about his work ethic. If St.Louis lose another game or 2, does a guy like Mellanby make sense ? I realize he is on the downside but he's the type of player who might be useful for a short stretch.