HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Z. Parise or M. Richards? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=573964)

AC Le Rock 11-18-2008 03:12 PM

Z. Parise or M. Richards?
 
This comes due to a slight debate I was having on another thread so let's see what you think.

Would you rather have Mike Richards as a leader on your team or Zach Parise? Both put up numbers, both have leadership qualities. I want to know who you think gives their team a better chance to contend for the cup. (Who could pull off the insane playoff run that Messier pulled in '94?)

Glen Teflon Sather 11-18-2008 03:15 PM

Richards for me I want a guy who's blood and guts, I personally do not like Parise who always gets away with slashes, cross checks, and hooks. I'd love either one of them but I'd take Richards who can score, be a leader, and is a good penalty killer.

Kaktus* 11-18-2008 03:15 PM

Both (plus 1st round pick) will be traded to Toronto for Kabs or Kubina

Flyers and Devils need D :sarcasm:

NFITO 11-18-2008 03:17 PM

Richards for me as well.... I like both players, but where Richards stands out for me is being that type of guy that you want to follow in a war. Parise is a nice player, but I think if both these guys are on the same team, Richards is the guy who'll be leading the way on and off the ice.

C-A-P-S 11-18-2008 03:18 PM

Richards...there no question he is the guts of that team and he carried them through two rounds of playoffs last season.

Parise is a good player, but as a leader I want Richards.

Gunnar Stahl 30 11-18-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangers32185 (Post 16389727)
Richards for me I want a guy who's blood and guts, I personally do not like Parise who always gets away with slashes, cross checks, and hooks. I'd love either one of them but I'd take Richards who can score, be a leader, and is a good penalty killer.

your right, even though refs make calls of things that didnt even happen, parise still manages to slash and hook players

btw op, the debate in the other thread was nt who is a better leader, it was you saying that richards is "the best captain since messier..." and parise "doesnt have the leadership qualities richards has"

JWells16 11-18-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangers32185 (Post 16389727)
Richards for me I want a guy who's blood and guts, I personally do not like Parise who always gets away with slashes, cross checks, and hooks. I'd love either one of them but I'd take Richards who can score, be a leader, and is a good penalty killer.

You don't want a player on your team that can seemingly get away with all penalties? Look deep inside... your blind hatred may be affecting you on this one if that's your reasoning.

That being said, I'd rather have Richards... but not because Parise seems to have a magical power of getting away with penalties (as if it's a bad thing).

alexthekidd 11-18-2008 03:26 PM

Richards already in his career seems to have a number of intangibles not necessarily present in Parise. I'd love to see him develop into an Iginla type leader, really doing anything for the team to succeed - whether it be score, hit, pass, talk or drop the gloves.

AC Le Rock 11-18-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 (Post 16389849)
your right, even though refs make calls of things that didnt even happen, parise still manages to slash and hook players

btw op, the debate in the other thread was nt who is a better leader, it was you saying that richards is "the best captain since messier..." and parise "doesnt have the leadership qualities richards has"

And apparently i'm not the only one who thinks he's a better leader than Parise. I'm not gonna expect everyone to sit here and agree he's the best C since Messier but i do think so.

The people have spoken!

richards > parise

JagerPuck 11-18-2008 03:29 PM

Richards in a landslide.

Parise isnt even on the same plateau.

Jason MacIsaac 11-18-2008 03:30 PM

Leadership wise Parise isn't close. As players it is very close.

Gunnar Stahl 30 11-18-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC Le Rock (Post 16389932)
And apparently i'm not the only one who thinks he's a better leader than Parise. I'm not gonna expect everyone to sit here and agree he's the best C since Messier but i do think so.

The people have spoken!

richards > parise

yea, but noone except you is arguing that, i didnt say parise is a better leader, but he does posses many leadership qualities and will earn the C unlike richards who had it given to him as a publicity stunt and a way to keep him in the organization

Ghills23 11-18-2008 03:32 PM

Try running a poll but I would have to go with Richards as much as I love Parise.

hotshot26 11-18-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 (Post 16389978)
yea, but noone except you is arguing that, i didnt say parise is a better leader, but he does posses many leadership qualities and will earn the C unlike richards who had it given to him as a publicity stunt and a way to keep him in the organization

A way to keep him in the organization? He signed a verrrry long term deal a year BEFORE he was given the C.

JRZ DVLS 11-18-2008 03:37 PM

Realistically the major difference between the two is that Richards drops the gloves and plays more physical.

While I think Parise may have a little more skill, I'd take Rchards as a captain over Zach, mainly because he scraps and will be more protective of his teamates. Although Parise is one of the guys you'd want to protect.

Who gives there team a better chance to contend for he Cup? The player with Martin Brodeur behind him!!!!

AC Le Rock 11-18-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 (Post 16389978)
yea, but noone on except you is arguing that, i didnt say parise is a better leader, but he does posses many leadership qualities and will earn the C unlike richards who had it given to him as a publicity stunt and a way to keep him in the organization

WHAAAAAT?! Are you...wow...

Deemed "Captain Canada"

Has won a championship at EVERY LEVEL HE'S EVER PLAYED except the NHL. BUT he did get us to the final four last year after being the worste team in the league by a lot.

Second youngest captain in Flyers' history (behind Clarke and we all know what he did as a player)

Plublicity stunt?! Hardly. You are a moron. Keep him in the organization? He wasn't going anywhere the day we drafted him. What are you on?!?! Oh right...Jersey water, that stuff will do that to ya...

TheOriginalTiger 11-18-2008 03:40 PM

Not even close, Mike Richards

clmetsfan 11-18-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 (Post 16389978)
yea, but noone except you is arguing that, i didnt say parise is a better leader, but he does posses many leadership qualities and will earn the C unlike richards who had it given to him as a publicity stunt and a way to keep him in the organization

It's hard to quantify how wrong you are about that.

I'd take Richards, but it's very close. I think Parise is the better scorer, but Richards is the better all-around player.

hlundqvist30* 11-18-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 (Post 16389849)
your right, even though refs make calls of things that didnt even happen, parise still manages to slash and hook players

btw op, the debate in the other thread was nt who is a better leader, it was you saying that richards is "the best captain since messier..." and parise "doesnt have the leadership qualities richards has"

I apologize to you, and for the matter, all Devils fans, who witnessed such blatant bias from a Rangers fan.

Gunnar Stahl 30 11-18-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC Le Rock (Post 16390085)
WHAAAAAT?! Are you...wow...

Deemed "Captain Canada"

Has won a championship at EVERY LEVEL HE'S EVER PLAYED except the NHL. BUT he did get us to the final four last year after being the worste team in the league by a lot.

Second youngest captain in Flyers' history (behind Clarke and we all know what he did as a player)

Plublicity stunt?! Hardly. You are a moron. Keep him in the organization? He wasn't going anywhere the day we drafted him. What are you on?!?! Oh right...Jersey water, that stuff will do that to ya...

i'll let you make the petty (and unfunny) jokes and comments and i will stick to the topic

richards has been in the league for 3 years, 1 which he missed half the year, it doesnt matter what he has accomplished in the past, he hasnt earned the C at the NHL level. alot of players were captains on their previos teams, but they still have to earn it in the NHL. i think the same thing about crosby

Gunnar Stahl 30 11-18-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 (Post 16390150)
I apologize to you, and for the matter, all Devils fans, who witnessed such blatant bias from a Rangers fan.

im used to it;)

JRZ DVLS 11-18-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 (Post 16390150)
I apologize to you, and for the matter, all Devils fans, who witnessed such blatant bias from a Rangers fan.

I kinda like that Zach is getting that Fiestiness, can only make him better, as long as he stays out of the box.

FlyLife 11-18-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 (Post 16389978)
yea, but noone except you is arguing that, i didnt say parise is a better leader, but he does posses many leadership qualities and will earn the C unlike richards who had it given to him as a publicity stunt and a way to keep him in the organization

Yea that 12 year deal he signed didn't have anything to do with attempting to keep him a Flyer. :help:

And Richards was drafted to be the Flyers captain. He was the best player on the ice most of last year, and Jason Smith worked perfect as a stop-gap to get to the Richards captain era.

Gunnar Stahl 30 11-18-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotshot26 (Post 16390057)
A way to keep him in the organization? He signed a verrrry long term deal a year BEFORE he was given the C.

you dont think the used the C as leverage in signing him? and your right, he was given the C, this happens to alot of players

Habs 4 Life 11-18-2008 03:47 PM

Mike Richards


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.