HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Better than a bag of pucks? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=574024)

HockeyF3ind 11-18-2008 05:29 PM

Better than a bag of pucks?

84 C Mikhail Grabovski GP 19 Goals 9 Assists 4 points 13

I know you guys hate this stuff, but seriously Grabs has impressed me. Last year he looked lost in the NHL, and now he leads his team (and ahead of all of ours for that matter) in Goals....pretty impressive for someone we traded for just a bag of pucks.

and flamers...I'm not saying he would have been able to do that here....but its still noteworthy....and yes IMO threadworthy! :D

JHabs 11-18-2008 05:31 PM

2 bags of pucks. and a bucket of ice water.

Galchenyuk x 27 11-18-2008 05:31 PM

1) he leads the leafs, any of our forwards could do that
2) he is getting alot of icetime, something he wouldnt get here

Im happy hes gone

m00ks 11-18-2008 05:34 PM

Who cares. We basically traded him for Lang and Greg Patteryn, good value for a diminutive center that was a disruptive to team chemistry.

Again Lang + Patteryn > Bag of pucks.

LastRide 11-18-2008 05:36 PM

The leafs don't have much for scoring. If the Leafs add 1 or 2 good players his goals will decline. He's the only think they can look forward too.

Judge Sauer* 11-18-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 16392773)
1) he leads the leafs, any of our forwards could do that
2) he is getting alot of icetime, something he wouldnt get here

Im happy hes gone

This

Beakermania* 11-18-2008 06:35 PM

we got Lang and Pateryn for him.... he wasn't traded for a 7th round pick or something...

gee 11-18-2008 06:37 PM

i'll wait till people start paying some special attention to him on a consistent basis before i grant him too much praise.

Garo 11-18-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydee96 (Post 16393755)
Defensive zone turnovers

MTL: 7
Car: 1

:shakehead

Agreed, Grabovski :shakehead

CanadaIsHockey 11-18-2008 06:41 PM

What... You think maybe we could of squeezed in an RBK Stick as well? :sarcasm:

HockeyF3ind 11-18-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadaIsHockey (Post 16393808)
What... You think maybe we could of squeezed in an RBK Stick as well? :sarcasm:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Watsatheo 11-18-2008 06:47 PM

I'd rather have Lang facing opponents top lines than Grabovski. We all knew he had skills, no room here for him to prove them here.

FerrisRox 11-18-2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind (Post 16392746)

I know you guys hate this stuff, but seriously Grabs has impressed me. Last year he looked lost in the NHL, and now he leads his team (and ahead of all of ours for that matter) in Goals....pretty impressive for someone we traded for just a bag of pucks.

and flamers...I'm not saying he would have been able to do that here....but its still noteworthy....and yes IMO threadworthy! :D

He quit on his teammates and left his team.

It was pretty clear during the last Montreal/Toronto game how disliked he was by his former teammates.

There's no way I want a guy on my roster who walks out on his team.

Don't even get me started on how weak he is on his skates, how easy it is to knock him off the puck, and how he plays like a punk the minute it gets chippy.

I'm not only glad he's gone, I'm still amazed they got a prospect and a 2nd rounder for him.

Jeffrey 11-18-2008 08:31 PM

Grabovski wouldnt have played for us anyway .. it was trade or russia for him. I'm happy we got something for him to tell you the truth !

RE-HABS 11-18-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind (Post 16392746)

Still wouldn't have fit in Montreal, he obviously burned the team and his teammates with his selfish ways...plus do remember Nikolai Borschevsky? One great year and then came down to earth pretty quickly without that top icetime and the NHL players knowing how to play him the next season, same will happen to Grabs.

If anything miss Ryder, he has been playing hard hitting and good two way hockey as well and is starting to get his points too.

JrHockeyFan 11-18-2008 08:57 PM

Of course we should have kept Grabovski. we need players who will pick their own flight plan every time they don't get their way. call Cliff Fletcher and give him whatever he wants to get him back. everything would be just great if we had him back.

Grabo might not have survived to the all-star break, but hey what does that matter

TCIH 11-18-2008 09:30 PM

I don't think he was ever a viable option from management's point of view. We were already small down the middle going into this season and needed a right-handed centerman to fill the gap on a third scoring line. If the situation was either keep him and hope he stays or trade him to get some value, then the team made the right choice. Grabovski himself said he had a hard decision over the summer on whether or not to play in Russia. My gut feeling is that if he was relegated to press-box duty or time in the A, he would've taken the next ship to Minsk. And maybe that would've been the right thing for him.

He wasn't the right man for a spot, and his stock was falling within the organization. The club made the right move to replace an asset (in this case, two) and it's paid off for both clubs, and especially Grabovski.

Good for him on his recent success, and I hope he keeps it up. Just not against Montreal.

HardcoreHab 11-18-2008 09:38 PM

It happens all the time. Circumstances are different and the results are different. All that matters is that Grabs is no longer here. There is no point looking back. Lang has done what he was supposed to. No reason to complain I don't think.